It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Acht

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
This one gets a preface. This is a lie only if Kerry has been paying attention to what's going on in congress. If he isn't, then this isn't a lie, but we would have to reevaluate the nomination of someone who doesn't even keep up with his job...

�And what the Republicans are doing is one of their craven, misleading, distorting ads, spending millions of dollars trying to suggest I'm not strong on defense. I'm not going to let these Republicans, not for one instant, ever accuse me, who's voted for 16 out of 19 biggest defense bills in our history, who has supported our troops, while they're cutting even the VA budget.� (NBC�s �Meet The Press,� 4/18/04)

Cutting, you say? For those of you who don't know, the VA budget is the budget which funds the Department Of Veterans Affairs. That was interesting. Had to do a wee bit of research, and look what I found:

The President�s FY 2005 Budget Proposes To Increase Funding For The Department Of Veterans Affairs (VA) To $68 Billion From The 2001 Level Of $48 Billion. The past four straight VA budget increases have provided more than a 40% increase in VA health care alone since 2001. (www.omb.gov)

A little more research, aaaaand:

�Yet even so, funding for veterans is going up twice as fast under Bush as it did under Clinton. And the number of veterans getting health benefits is going up 25% under Bush's budgets. That's hardly a cut.� (�Funding for Veterans up 27%, But Democrats Call It A Cut,� Factcheck.org, 2/18/04)

Hmmm...so which is it? Did he lie, or does he just not care about doing his job as a senator?

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Its quite apparent that you have linked yourself to a freeper site and are dripping this out slowly. While you're there, could you please give us the draft speech that Bush used at the racist Bob Jones University?

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I've been tracking you Colonel and I've found that most of your posts involve some sort of racism against blacks. I myself am white. I hate racism, like you. But what I don't understand is, why to some black men (and women), EVERYTHING is racist. Yes there is still obvious discrimination in (some parts of) the US, but there are many white people, people like me, who disagree with this and wish everyone was truly equal. You also seem to be grouping us (the whites) all together, which is generalization, which is related to discrimination; very contradictory.

About the original topic, this is what politicians do; they contradict themselves all the time. They spin webs of lies. BOTH Republicans AND Democrats.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by xenophanes85
I've been tracking you Colonel and I've found that most of your posts involve some sort of racism against blacks. I myself am white. I hate racism, like you. But what I don't understand is, why to some black men (and women), EVERYTHING is racist. Yes there is still obvious discrimination in (some parts of) the US, but there are many white people, people like me, who disagree with this and wish everyone was truly equal. You also seem to be grouping us (the whites) all together, which is generalization, which is related to discrimination; very contradictory.

About the original topic, this is what politicians do; they contradict themselves all the time. They spin webs of lies. BOTH Republicans AND Democrats.

Personally, I think people who have been told and trained to be victims see victimization in everything.

It's all about what you were told/read/seen.

There certainly is a large amount of racism left in America (as me an Colonel have had dicussions about) but the racial witch hunters are speaking louder and louder and louder, propogating the problem.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by xenophanes85

I'm glad that you have been tracking me. I hope you've learned something. In any event, I bring it up because some things a lot with the repugnants because a lot of things many people would dismiss or not think about are sly tactics to appeal to the racists in American and their agenda, i.e speaking at Bob Jones University. That's why I bring it up.

I don't miss a trick.

new topics

top topics

join