It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: Alien Spaceship Lands! Hundreds of Witnesses!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by komp_uk

Hey, thanks for checking Tineye, that's what I was trying to do before but lost access to the image. I can tell you that Tineye is relatively reliable although if you edit or change the image in ANY way (dimensions, colors, anything), it will not find a match to the "new" image.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Everyone should have been able to tell that it was fake simply by the way the article was written. Seemed like some terribly written piece by a highschooler.

It's funny to see some people jump to conclusions saying things like "Yup, here we go, disclosure on the way." lol.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
but really, isn't this exactly what would happen if it WERE true? it would immediately be denied (remember the gov was afraid to show us the results of the bank stress tests) and pretend that it was all a hoax. the residents of the town might still be experiencing MISSING TIME so naturally they are confused about what is going on. electronics would be scrambled. and of course ETs are apt to be only partly in this dimension so it seems plausible that not everybody would see them. i bet the gov secret forces have already set up a perimeter and planted false responders to phone lines and the handful of internet connections, which are probably dialup anyway so easy to distract.

if we get invaded, i wonder if they will provide universal health coverage.......

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
An excerpt from the site I linked in my previous post:

Sable wrote BOOM! Studios a more in-depth version of the encounter to release to the public: "Flying from Los Angeles to New York for a signing at Jim Hanley's Universe Wednesday (May 13th), I was flagged at the gate for 'extra screening'. I was subjected to not one, but two invasive searches of my person and belongings. TSA agents then "discovered" the script for UNTHINKABLE #3. They sat and read the script while I stood there, without any personal items, identification or ticket, which had all been confiscated. "The minute I saw the faces of the agents, I knew I was in trouble. The first page of the UNTHINKABLE script mentioned 9/11, terror plots and the fact that the (fictional) world had become a police state. The TSA agents then proceeded to interrogate me, having a hard time understanding that a comic book could be about anything other than superheroes, let alone that anyone actually wrote scripts for comics. "I cooperated politely and tried to explain to them the irony of the situation. While UNTHINKABLE blurs the line between fiction and reality, the story is based on a real-life government think tank where a writer was tasked to design worst-case terror scenarios. The fictional story of UNTHINKABLE unfolds when the writer's scenarios come true, and he becomes a suspect in the terrorist attacks. "In the end, I feel my privacy is a small price to pay for educating the government about the medium."

My guess it is to bring attention to either this or his comic or both.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/eedad902c03e94a3.jpg[/atsimg]

media.abovetopsecret.com...

Enjoy the laughs

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
If you look real closely at the audience you can see a couple of people with cotton candy, a couple with corn dogs and I think I see a pineapple whip.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Ok guys since all the power is out and we have an emergency lets all stand in a circle, hold hands and scream 911 emergency until the police show up! . . . =P / / / It worked! that's almost as impressive as the aliens that aren't really in a space ship. . . in front of a crowd. . . that's prolly not even from South Dakota.

"A thought just crushed my mind"

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I have no intention in bumping this thread in any case.

However i believe as stated in early posts that its a fake...

So if i am right for the scope of saving folk from misinformation only,
you might want to have a look on this thread:

Debunking the Webster Spaceship Landing: FAKE

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I still got the page open..

image info

www... businessweek com/innovate/FineOnMedia/archives/crowd.jpg
800px × 600px (scaled to 400px × 300px)
72.76 kB (74507 bytes)
alternate text; missing

not much else to go on... even page source now has the old 404 not found stuff on it...

moddified url so you could see full link name for pic.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by Extralien]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
If I had a buck for every "OMG Here It Is !!!!" story on this website, I'd own it.

Other than pictures of dead dogs on Montauk beach it's all just so much cotton candy.

Will someone please discover something REAL.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I knew this was false been watchn CNN and fox all day today with no news,unfortunately...May 31st is coming quickly though..Maybe there will be some kind of good news!

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I just linked McGraw Hill Publishers to both Business Week and Boom Studios which is connected to Unthinkable the comic by Mark Sable that comes out today... there is your answer people.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by pimppapa1977

What's expected to happen on May 31st?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
"HOAX" and HOAX again" -nothing credible in the writings of this corny piece of work, the mysterious article was posted to some supposed -Business Link, yeah sure -caught Way Early -right from the start... Look at the picture, people seem way too relaxed to be observing a space craft and other worldy beings.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by embedded]

[edit on 13-5-2009 by embedded]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I still want to know how the OP found this site.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by anyone
I just linked McGraw Hill Publishers to both Business Week and Boom Studios which is connected to Unthinkable the comic by Mark Sable that comes out today... there is your answer people.

It's actually a pretty ingenious way to promote the comic. I am impressed.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
Everyone should have been able to tell that it was fake simply by the way the article was written. Seemed like some terribly written piece by a highschooler.

It's funny to see some people jump to conclusions saying things like "Yup, here we go, disclosure on the way." lol.

My thoughts exactly.

People take the slightest hint of a story so insanely seriously before they've even considered the probability of it being true.

A part of me is angry that fakers bother to do it, but another part of me laughs along with them when I see the reaction it causes.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by anyone

Well i saw what other sites this story was put up on and ATS was the first one to get it. If an investigation s being held we will see how well ATS protects its members (i do not think ATS should protect its' members if they ar doing somthing illegal, im just interested if they will hand over the information with just a request).

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
reply to post by BeautifulLife

I always say if you want to get to the bottom of it just ask......Below is the phone number of the local paper.....

South Dekota Newspaper Association
Phone 1-800-658-3697

Webster
CITY POPULATION: 1,718
CITY HOUSEHOLDS: 866
COUNTY: Day
COUNTY POPULATION: 5,667
COUNTY HOUSEHOLDS: 3,758

I called and the person that answered said she had not heard anything about this. She was on the verge of laughing.

did the same, and she did laugh. i told her I will be calling her back in 1 week, and to ask around

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
sorry all, i did no know this was a hoax

if u see here this web page:
www.businessweek.com...

it was on there and i saw it and posted it here but now it snot there anymore so its probably fake

i didnt know it was fake sorry guys

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join