It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: Alien Spaceship Lands! Hundreds of Witnesses!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
while i agree that it could be a fake, i would love to believe that this really happened...sure would be nice to see

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Well "Unthinkable" did come out today, Wed, May 13, but it is not centered around aliens. It is centered around the paranoia following 09/11.

After 9/11, many reacted by saying the events of that day were like something “out of a Tom Clancy novel.” Our government took that reaction seriously, and commissioned a think tank made up of thriller writers to come up with worst case terror scenarios

The comic tells the story of Alan Ripley, a fictional young writer who joins this real-life think when his brother is killed on 9/11. Almost a decade later, the nightmare scenarios he imagined start coming true.

Also, there are no comments yet on the original page. Other stories have comments, but not this one. That seems strange. Definitely a Hoax!

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
It's part of his new Comic Book/ Game.

What is the Unthinkable ARG? What the Hell is an ARG, for that matter?

An ARG (Or Alternate Reality Game) is, according to Wikipedia, an interactive narrative that uses the real world as a platform. It takes place in real time, the designers control the characters (as opposed to video game AI) who the players interact with directly, through web sites, e-mail, etc. in order to solve plot-based challenges and puzzles.

From here

I'm sure he'll comment on his Twitter soon.

-m0r

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightchild

Originally posted by Bombeni
Strange, how 60 years ago people were scared to death of the thought of aliens landing (ref. Orson Wells spoof on radio, War of The Worlds) and today people are literally begging for them to land.

What's up with that?

People are generally scared for everything unknown. However, the concept of Alien Visitors is not that unknown anymore and it is time to move to the next level. People have been scared to death for alot of silly reasons, for instance about living next to a black person, or a Gay person, or a trannie or whatever.

Might aswell say hello to the neighbours and shake hand. It is only polite after all this time. And after all, these neighbours are not even new to the area.

But from everything I know, well most of it, aliens are not the type to shake hands and grill hamburgers with. Most of the accounts with aliens have been very frightening.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by NephraTari

The Varmints have brainwashed everybody in town it's a CONSPIRACY.
I say we call the National guard in the area and have them mobilized just to be safe. Also maybe we should call NORAD to see if they have tracked anything. Also I need to call my mother.

well NORAD had this to say

" Admit nothing, deny everything and make counteraccusations "

I think someone should call Alex Jones to cover this and link it to FEMA camps.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
This whole story smells like a japanese fish market.

Cool if true. but I'm not holding my breath on this one.

Start submitting this story to out of the country papers. We can get some saps to fall for the joke.

oh btw. this sounds like something out of Fringe!

[edit on 13-5-2009 by grey580]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Dont you think people look just a biit too relaxed on that photo, given the circumstances? Some are casually walking around, two are sitting in a car... looks more like some kind of sports event rather than a landing spaceship.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I tried to post this on his blog:

Everyone over at ATS wants to know what gives with this article. Are you the same Mark Sable who writes comic books? So far, several phone calls have been made to the town in question with no one knowing anything about this. Is this some kind of advertising stunt?

and got this:

An error occurred:

No such entry '20145'.

Would somebody else give it a try?

[edit on 13-5-2009 by mystiq]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by darksky

At this stage in the game if I saw an alien ship. I'd be like, "It's about dam time you got here. What took you so long!?!"

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmazzagatti
Yeeeeah... it landed and everyone's cameras mysteriously stopped working. Uh huh...

[edit on 13-5-2009 by cmazzagatti]

One thing, anyone who could give an instant pic for uploading means a DIGITAL camera meaning ELECTRONIC. So it kinda makes sense.

However, a disposable camera uses regular film. I'm sure some people had those. Meaning we may see some pix as early as 2nite.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I do not flag and post to ET threads but this time I made a exception. flag for the good find and post to tell you that this is a chaox. picture is a completly unnatural. everyone would make a photo in the direction everyone are looking. and this is just a blog. you can write even more sensational story on it. so do not leave towns, do not panic, do not buy water and food. take care

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I too just completed an exaustive search for more on this and found nothing. The local news paper the "Reporter & Farmer" has no info posted at all. I took the time to go through the photo galleries on thier website thinking the photo could have been ripped from there and couldn't find a match just a bunch of small town who-ha to include pic's from the local prom, fair, and etc. I truly believe as slow as this town appears this would at least be on the front page of thier site by now as they probably haven't had anything this exciting happen since Mable the prize winning cow gave birth to a two headed calf. HOAX for sure!!!!

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
It's not real.

It's not real.

It's not real.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Here I am to officially say:

FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE

FAKETY FAKE FAKE

and

HOAX HOAX HOAX HOAX

HOAXITY HOAX HOAX

That is all.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
North Dakota.

link   
Its a dud link..

www.businessweek.com...

www.businessweek.com...

Someone ring the site owner to tell em about there breach.

link   
reply to post by mystiq

It seems that a few people may have saved the paged, at least one said they did on p1 or p2 so hopefully they can put a link up to it, and then someone can get to why he posted such a report, was it for a game?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
It has been removed from the www.businessweek.com... front page.

The static .html is still there, but maybe not for long.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by scraze]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Wow, is this swamp gas or lense flare?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

tristar's second link above still works to get to that page. Somewhat mysterious.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join