It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: Alien Spaceship Lands! Hundreds of Witnesses!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Im calling BS. This would be all over the news in 20 min flat if it were true.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The crowd in that photo look like they're watching a regatta or something else out on the lake to the left.

There's no chance that a ship landed and two beings walked onto "Earth's ground" from the direction they are looking.

Plus wouldn't they be looking up?

-m0r

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I hope and I mean seriously hope this is true. Sadly my logic has just assaulted my hope due to previous hoaxes and the like.

Time will tell and god I hope it tells while I am around.

link   
reply to post by Dr Love

EXACTLY!!!

At the bottom of the OP's article, ...

Alien spaceship lands: 'Greys' make contact

More as it comes in…

TrackBack URL for this entry: blogs.businessweek.com...

And if you try to go to the blog, you get an ERROR page!

Also, the author of the blog is sombody named Mark Sable,...

Posted by: Mark Sable on May 13

Could that be THIS Mark Sable?

Mark Sable (blog)

Mark Sable is the critically-acclaimed writer of such comics as GROUNDED, FEARLESS and HAZED for Image Comics, and the TEEN TITANS SPOTLIGHT: CYBORG and TWO-FACE: YEAR ONE mini-series for DC Comics. His most recent work is UNTHINKABLE, coming out from BOOM Studios this May.

I also tried to find something from a newspaper about this from the area and came up with nothing!

I'm taking this story with a grain of salt.

[edit on 5/13/2009 by Keyhole]

link   
doubtful, if that picture was taken today after the "event" the sky cleared up really quick, from looking at various cloud cover radars, it appears webster has been cloudy most of the day with rain earlier, so the ground dried up fast as well.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
reply to post by BeautifulLife

I always say if you want to get to the bottom of it just ask......Below is the phone number of the local paper.....

South Dekota Newspaper Association
Phone 1-800-658-3697

Webster
CITY POPULATION: 1,718
CITY HOUSEHOLDS: 866
COUNTY: Day
COUNTY POPULATION: 5,667
COUNTY HOUSEHOLDS: 3,758

Stars for all who called
Boy don't you know for a small town things are happening right now.........Just an observation from the picture......half the town showed up......

I can see Barney in his squad car racing through town right now......

[edit on 13-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
PA Grab me ma shotgun.

Those Varmints have landed again this time in North Dakota.
Load up the pickem up truck.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Posted in Business Week in the Innovations section by Mark Sable.
Would this be the sci-fi comic writer Mark Sable?

If it were anywhere near true there would be a flood of info from Twitter, No?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Just did a 411 search on "Rob Chan", a witness, no results.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

His most recent work is UNTHINKABLE, coming out from BOOM Studios this May.

I wonder if this work "Unthinkable" is exactly the scenario described in the article? Is there any more information about what it is about?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Would the mainstream media be all over this if it were true? I doubt it.

They have to get the ok from the US government before they broadcast a news story.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
This looks to be a hoax I just called a local businessman in the town and he said that he was not aware of any sighting or landing. I also talked to another local employee at a service station. They also had not heard anything about it and said in a town that small everyone would know if something like that happened.

HOAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would also like to note there are 0 results for the supposed witness rob chan.

case closed?

[edit on 13-5-2009 by NephraTari]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
Strange, how 60 years ago people were scared to death of the thought of aliens landing (ref. Orson Wells spoof on radio, War of The Worlds) and today people are literally begging for them to land.

What's up with that?

People are generally scared for everything unknown. However, the concept of Alien Visitors is not that unknown anymore and it is time to move to the next level. People have been scared to death for alot of silly reasons, for instance about living next to a black person, or a Gay person, or a trannie or whatever.

Might aswell say hello to the neighbours and shake hand. It is only polite after all this time. And after all, these neighbours are not even new to the area.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I am curious as to why this thread hasn't been marked as Hoax yet. I think we can all agree that this isn't real and there are no credible sources.

Not that I don't want to meet aliens. I am all for a backyard party.

link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Unthinkable is based on a real-life government program. After 9/11, there were many who felt like what happened was out of a Tom Clancy novel, or a Jerry Bruckheimer movie. Some people in the government took this seriously, and created a think tank made up of novelists and screenwriters. Their task was to come up with worst case terror scenarios. If we could imagine the next 9/11 before the terrorists did - maybe we could stop that.

from Mark Sable's own blogspot: marksable.blogspot.com...

So which marketing genius thats managing Sable's PR figured out that most comic book readers enjoy alternative news?

link   
anyone else getting the vibe that this could be a publicity stunt for Mark Sable?

seems a lot of people on here are researching him ...

[edit on 13-5-2009 by baseball101]

link   
The only recent sighting of a so called UFO is here, but thats obvious since machine is being stepped up a notch

UFO Sighted Over Afghanistan Is US Secret Airplane

Looks like the US military has a new secret aircraft. Either that or the Nazis are taking over the world again, because according to other photos this looks like the Luftwaffe's Go229 Flying Wing:

gizmodo.com...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

The Varmints have brainwashed everybody in town it's a CONSPIRACY.
I say we call the National guard in the area and have them mobilized just to be safe. Also maybe we should call NORAD to see if they have tracked anything. Also I need to call my mother.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

Yeah right. A local reporter would be tripping over his camera cords to get to the site and break news first.
The media would devour this in no time and the President would prolly learn about it for the first time by watching it on the news.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I can't imagine they'd choose South Dakota to land in. Reminds me of this Bill Hicks skit:

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join