It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: Alien Spaceship Lands! Hundreds of Witnesses!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Sorry if this was posted before:

Source: roffle.us...

Alien spaceship lands in Webster, South Dakota: Greys make contact HOAX

According to the editor in chief at Business Week, John A. Byrne, the story was the result of someone hacking their blog at businessweek.com. He tweeted his response to the story.

That sucks.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I wonder if the mods of this thread bothered to look at the OP's profile and see that he posted a hoax back in 2008? He wrote a long story that aliens cut him open, he still had the scar, and gave him a book with a metal cover, but he never would post the pictures, and never replied back to the thread that went on for 7 pages.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I thought this story was a hoax right after I read they came, and then they left. ALbeit we are in the misinformation age, reality is the fiction.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by BeautifulLife

I dont particularly care if there was a landing. Aliens exist. Its an incredulous probability that they dont! Funny how after Area 51 (which apparently didnt happen), America became the worlds super-power with lots of new technology like stealth bombers etc.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
This was confirmed as a hoax on what, page 5 or 6?

WHY HASN'T THIS THREAD BEEN CLOSED?????????

Those in control of ATS have a bit of a cheek imposing new rules about minimum word limits to "ensure quality posts" and "to save bandwidth" when they let a waste of time thread like this run on and on and on....

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Hmm can't believe that most people couldn't see this as fake in the first 60 seconds.

The big give away is the photo of the crowd!

Now come on, if you were the photographer your camera would be transfixed on the spaceship and the aliens NOT the crowd of human beings watching.

Ahhh cameras and the like stopped working though.......hmm funny that the camera was working when it too a picture of the crowd!

So let's assume the photographer took hundreds of photos of the spacecraft and a few of the crowd for good measure.

Now which picture would you upload to the website.......hmmm yep forget about all the spaceship photos....let's go with the crowd shot!

Come on!.... anyone that couldn't work out that this was a hoax from the published photo must be truely gullable indeed!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sotp

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

This is the Hoax forum, it is here so people can still discuss the hoax if the wish, this way we do not get a dozen or so threads popping up and cluttering up other forums.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 14/5/2009 by Sauron]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

That's funny Bombeni, ""people with cotton candy, a couple with corn dogs and I think I see a pineapple whip."" It's probably a remote controlled hydroplane race.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
reply to post by Bombeni

That's funny Bombeni, ""people with cotton candy, a couple with corn dogs and I think I see a pineapple whip."" It's probably a remote controlled hydroplane race.

Lol, yeah but seriously, if a ufo landed and just sat there, like in Day The Earth Stood Still, I wonder what would happen. Would people be able to congregate from a viewing distance and watch the thing like they did in the movie? Or would you be shot by military police if you even got within 10 miles of the place? We may very well find out before long.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I saw this on another forum. The picture you are seeing is a boat race that is done in that area. It is a cropped version of a bigger picture. Whenever i see a post like this i think about movies and books you would be suprised how much crap people get away with putting up.
This Thread= opening scene The day the Earth stood still
John Titor= Alas, Babylon

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Of course you're free to believe whatever you want to believe, I was just under the impression I was free to disagree with you openly.. apologies if I'm not.

You know, we're pretty scary to animals - ever wonder why they all run away from us ? - even the neighbours domesticated cat. We dont have any bad intentions or desire to frighten them but we do. It's sort of like that. It must be hard to be a creature that is preceived as scary to other creatures - think of the story of the hunchback of Notre Dam. Eventually they become what people think they are, purely because of the psychology behind it.

"I'm not who I think I am, I'm not who you think I am, I am who I think you think I am."

Just a thought.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Here is the story in full.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
reply to post by sotp

This is the Hoax forum, it is here so people can still discuss the hoax if the wish, this way we do not get a dozen or so threads popping up and cluttering up other forums.

[edit on 14/5/2009 by Sauron]

Well yes, it is...still seems like a waste of bandwidth and time to me....

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Most likely a BullShiaate Red Herring...but rightfully so in the amount of "Unwanted" abductions of late by the "Greys" and "Reptillians"...and remember...the Mods are only "Human"...so they will ban you if you mention "Healing Methodologies" that are beyond their scope of understanding...

Always remember...the "Greys" are simply androgynous "Instruments"...non-sentient beings afforded to abduct and experiment via the "Reptillian" Race that has been here long before us...and is currently in with the "Illuminati"...whoops..I hear the MIB at my door again...of course I hold off until I see them shapeshift in my "Peephole"...Sarcastic...????....NOT IN THE LEAST...do not trust the "GREYS" or "REPTILLIANS"....PERIOD...they are not our friends...if you see one...move in the opposite direction as soon as possible...and let those in your trail get picked up for "Loitering" so to speak...

If I get an "Off Topic" on this...I am going to go mad and do myself in...

Best wishes to all...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I fell for this story for a about ten to twenty seconds and in that ten to twenty seconds I danced with my sled dog, did a jig around my lounge and punched the air... Then a feeling that it had to be too good to be true cut through my joy and I went back to the monitor and reality bit down hard.

At least one good thing came from this hack... I now know I will be in extasy if and when this happens for real.

A silver cloud in my lining so to speak

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Everyone is so ready to believe everything is a hoax - all it takes is one person to say "hoax" and everyone believes it.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Please note that there are at least two mistakes in that text. The first is the use of the word "site" rather than the correct word "sight." The second is the term "ascended upwards." A decent journalist would use one word or the other, they are redundant. And off hand, in terms of the writing style,I would harzard the guess that a journalist did not write the piece. That said, I know nothing about the piece.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Jon Fine from B.W. say's that someone, hacked into there blog,creating this hoax.I do not Know how other's feel? these hoaxster's need to be either,caught and prosecuted, or have to wear a device on wrist's, that make's them unable to operate a computer!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I hope they don't catch him unless he rapes or murders someone because I don't like how punative people are in the US and a few other countries. This is nonetheless a minor offense. However, that being said, I doubt it was just some random ordinary person, but probably someone working on behalf of those who wish to keep disclosure from happening. And just viewing the title again, and having to remember that it was the old hoax one again bothered me.
So people should let this one die a natural death.

To me, this may have been done to make people insensitive to the truth when they really do land. They'll all be screaming hoax. Do a few more of these and no one would discover the real thing, or be able to prove it even with 1000 witnesses.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I went to the link, and there was no sign of that article.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join