It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SE7EN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Now, on the embargo on Cuba. Kerry's statement:

Kerry: �Now, I met with members of that community. All through the years I've been in the Senate, for 20 years, Tim, I have never suggested lifting the embargo. I don't suggest you just lift the embargo. That's not what I'm talking about.(NBC�s �Meet The Press,� 4/18/04)

In 20 years, he has never suggested lifting the embargo. Yet, Kerry's voting record, although not offering to lift sanctions, has a clear message trying to lower sanctions. Sen. Kerry Has Long Voted Against Stronger Cuba Sanctions. For reference, here are the votes: H.R. 927, CQ Vote #489, Motion Rejected 59-36: R 50-2; D 9-34, 10/17/95, Kerry Voted Nay; S. 955, CQ Vote #183: Rejected 38-61: R 5-49; D 33-12, 7/17/97, Kerry Voted Yea; S. 1234, CQ Vote #189, Motion Agreed To 55-43: R 43-10; D 12-33, 6/30/99, Kerry Voted Nay; S. 2549, CQ Vote #137: Motion Agreed To 59-41: R 52-3; D 7-38, 6/20/00, Kerry Voted Nay

Ok, but just not wanting to raise sanctions isn't lowering them or getting rid of the embargo. Well, let's see what Mr. John Donnelly had to say about it after having an interview with Senator Kerry:

�Senator John F. Kerry, the Massachusetts Democrat and member of the Foreign Relations Committee, said in an interview that a reevaluation of relations with Cuba was �way overdue.� �We have a frozen, stalemated, counterproductive policy that is not in humanitarian interests nor in our larger credibility interest in the region,� Kerry said. � �There is just a complete and total contradiction between the way we deal with China, the way we dealt with Russia, the way we have been dealing with Cuba over the last [several] years. It speaks volumes about the problems in the current American electoral process. � The only reason we don�t reevaluate the policy is the politics of Florida.�� (John Donnelly, �Policy Review Likely On Cuba,� The Boston Globe, 4/9/00)

A reevaluation of relations? Contradiction between Cuba and China? (I actually agree with him on this point.) Well, now putting these two statements together, we can come to some conclusions.

First, Kerry sees a problem with us giving China the most favored nation status while we embargo Cuba. I know I do!

Second, Kerry says we need to reevaluate relations with Cuba. So he's obviously not saying we should change how we deal with China, he's saying we should reevaluate how we deal with Cuba. If we were to use China and Russia as examples of how to do this, it would appear he's saying we should lift sanctions from Cuba. I'll give credit where credit's due, I agree with him on this point. However, he LIED

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I think we get the point. But, as I argued before, which you duly shy away from, NO ONE DIED. There aren't mass coffins anywhere from Kerry's words and decisions. When you come to the level of defending death as opposed to "Look, he did it too," then, we'll talk.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
I think we get the point. But, as I argued before, which you duly shy away from, NO ONE DIED. There aren't mass coffins anywhere from Kerry's words and decisions. When you come to the level of defending death as opposed to "Look, he did it too," then, we'll talk.

I didn't shy away from it. Kerry did vote for attacking Iraq. Cost some lives, in case you weren't paying attention.

But more to the point, I am not doing this as a comparison of Bush to Kerry. I am mearly exposing Kerry for what he is. Why are you so against the truth coming out? Let's strip both candidates nude and see them for what they really are, and make our decision based on that. Maybe a third party will finally make it into the presidency.

EDIT: Oh, and my point hasn't begun to be made

[Edited on 4-27-2004 by junglejake]

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

I didn't shy away from it. Kerry did vote for attacking Iraq. Cost some lives, in case you weren't paying attention.

Based upon a patented Bush Admin lie that Kerry believed to be true, which you fail to address.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Based upon a patented Bush Admin lie that Kerry believed to be true, which you fail to address.

Unless, of course, Bush was lied to as well. He's handed memos by people he expects are giving him valid information. If he had to go check on every memo handed to him for validity, it would stagnate the presidency, and nothing would get done in this country. No, Bush has to be able to trust his advisors. And just because we haven't found them doesn't mean they haven't moved...

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Repugnant debate tactic # 17: pass the buck and never accept responsiblity. "It was the past administration's fault. It was faulty intelligence. It was unforseeable. It was the terrorists' fault. it was the CIA's fault. It was the FBI's fault. It was Immigration's fault. it was the Brits fault. The dog ate the intel. I didn't know. No one told me."

It was everyone else's fault but Bush..

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Repugnant debate tactic # 17: pass the buck and never accept responsiblity. "It was the past administration's fault. It was faulty intelligence. It was unforseeable. It was the terrorists' fault. it was the CIA's fault. It was the FBI's fault. It was Immigration's fault. it was the Brits fault. The dog ate the intel. I didn't know. No one told me."

It was everyone else's fault but Bush..

lol Ok, you're right, Colonel. Bush caused 9-11. No one else was involved, he programmed remote operating systems into the planes which also flooded the plane with knockout gas. He then had 3 of them hit some of America's most importaint landmarks, but had 1 crash in Pensylvania so as to make people think that one went down due to a struggle.

He also caused, of course, the war with Iraq. His advisors would go in, and start to talk to him, at which point he would exclaim "Le-le-leave me aloner! Iraq has Nucular bomber things and weapons of mass instruction! Shaddap shaddap, don't tell me anything differental or um...um...you're Iced...I mean fired."

Colonel, the reason the blame is being passed around so much is because so many are at fault. It wasn't one man who caused this whole war on terror.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   

He also caused, of course, the war with Iraq. His advisors would go in, and start to talk to him, at which point he would exclaim "Le-le-leave me aloner! Iraq has Nucular bomber things and weapons of mass instruction! Shaddap shaddap, don't tell me anything differental or um...um...you're Iced...I mean fired."

This is the only part that I believe is true.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I think we get the point. But, as I argued before, which you duly shy away from, NO ONE DIED. There aren't mass coffins anywhere from Kerry's words and decisions.

just give it a few more months colonel, then kerry'll be in the proper position to have people die.

and can you name a president who hasn't sent troops to foreign lands to die within the past 100 years? no, i thought not. wars happen, deaths happen. deal with it.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
wars happen, deaths happen. deal with it.

Maybe you ought to go over there to Iraq and "deal with it."

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Maybe you ought to go over there to Iraq and "deal with it."

and when kerry starts a war, will you go?

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Hell, no. The Iraqis never did # to me that I need to go and kill up their families as we are doing now.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Hell, no. The Iraqis never did # to me that I need to go and kill up their families as we are doing now.

i never said a war in iraq. i just said a war in general. and wouldn't you say it's inevitable that another war or skirmish, if not more than one, will be started during kerry's (if elected!) administration?

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Reminds me of when the Bush admistration was looking for WMD in Cuba. John Bolton, I seem to remember. But then Colin came out to clean it up. They're both terrible, I agree. I don't think we should of gone into Iraq. I'm lucky I got out of there alive. I remember I was stationed in Korea when 9/11 happened, and I volunteered for Afghanistan. Well, so did the rest of the Army. I could not go because so many people volunteered. I was at FT. Bragg during the build-up for Iraq, and I was one of the first to go. Not too many volunteers this time, if you catch my drift.

[Edited on 27-4-2004 by curme]

new topics

top topics

join