It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dave Rabbit At The Movies - ATS Movie Critic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Dave Rabbit At The Movies

Well... as the recent poll said that ATS members wanted movie reviews, and considering that ATS MIX is only for special interviews now, as the saying goes "Who Ya Gonna Call?" popped into The Amigos brain... and they pulled me out of a quick retirement.

So far I have done Star Wars and Angels & Demons with Terminator coming next week.

As a member of the ATS Press Corp, and before that having several movie critic friends in the Dallas area, I have watched the movies in advance of their release with the DVD Critic copy. Now that I am official with credentials, I don't have to borrow anymore.

My show is about Entertainment Value not about performances and the nit pick crap mostly associated with mainstream media brethren. As a 60 year old, I can get a senior ticket, which in Dallas is $8.50. I get a large popcorn, drink and candy combination, which is another $11.00 bucks, so I've invested almost $20.00 and haven't even seen the movie yet. My reviews are always going to be about is it worth the investment of your hard earned, or borrowed, money to sit there for 1 1/2 to 2 hours and having less spendable income because of it. Was it worth the sacrifice?

The first one, Star Wars, was a bitch. Having always been a "radio" guy... the "video" world has been a real learning curve. I need to start saving the outtakes
.The 2nd, was much better as I tried a remote location in a Buddhist Temple. Now that it is in my blood, so to speak, I have really come up with some fun ideas of how to make the show even more informative, while being entertaining to boot.

If you haven't had a chance to check it out yet...... please go to the ATS Dave Rabbit Media Area and give them a look.

As always, your participation in the discussions will be greatly appreciated,

Dave

join