It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan and Russia pen nuclear deal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Japan and Russia pen nuclear deal

news.bbc.co.uk

Japan and Russia have signed their first nuclear energy co-operation agreement during a visit to Tokyo by Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Can't imagine this has the PTB in the U.S. very happy. I can't seem to find a single mention of this in american media yet.

Japan will be sending tech to Russia, who will, in turn, send nuclear fuel to Japan.

This makes me a bit nervous, I have to admit, and it is definitely something to keep an eye on.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
WOW...

Russia now has Japan under their wings, and China as an ally.

Asia seems to have united!

The 1900s were the American century, are we about to see an Asian century?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by breakingdradles
WOW...

I wonder too, if Russia is moving in response to the EU, the African Union, and a Future NAU. Afterall, if all the other nations are unionized, that would leave China, Russia and Japan VERY vulnerable.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic

Originally posted by breakingdradles
WOW...

I wonder too, if Russia is moving in response to the EU, the African Union, and a Future NAU. Afterall, if all the other nations are unionized, that would leave China, Russia and Japan VERY vulnerable.

China and Russia been moveing backstage for years, the SCO is the asian equivalent of the UN and NATO, only thing is they weild infinately more power in terms of military and economic.

To bring Japan into the SCO, would be to upgrade a #e load of Russian and Chinese military hardware with cutting edge technology, not to mention increse the efficiency of Russian/Chinese power plant designs, increase nuclear missiles power etc.

Take the PS3 cell processor, now imagine the next generation of this prcessor with anywhere from 30-50ghz processing power, low power consumption, massive performance improvements over the current processor. Now imagine this processor guiding Russian ballistic missiles, Anti air defence systems powered by these super fast mini super computers.
Man if the s-300/400 is feared so badly now, just imagine what such upgrades could make it capable off!

new topics

top topics

join