It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO disclosure.. Are your spidey senses tingling?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I was just thinking about disclosure today and all of the things that come with it. For some reason I always picture a few large ships just cruising very slowly so there will be no mistake about what we are seeing, then thinking "wow, an entire chapter of the human race just ended and another one started before my very eyes."
I ask myself questions like, how do they 'feel', how do they reason, interact, etc. Will they understand us and will we understand them? Is there some sort of universal language we are currently unaware of?
So many answers and so many questions......

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Riposte

PSSSHH!!! no! but i tell you what, as soon as it benifets them, then of course, there will probably be a big public thing talking about exactly WHY there hasnt been disclosure and it probably wont be the WHOLE truth...and of course that will give us more material here to discuss the real reason they chose disclosure and what the whole truth is. i wouldnt look for full disclosure all at once

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I think it'll be done slowly to be honest. For example, they might announce that they've found water on Mars, then microbes, then they'll find more life-bearing planets in our galaxy, and then they'll slowly begin to announce that we're being visited and engaged. It would be smart that they do it in baby steps like I described, so people could slowly begin to accept the fact that we aren't the only intelligent life in the universe, and also so that people would be less susceptible to panic. It's systematic desentization.

Who knows though. The public awareness is increasing like crazy, and I'm sure that the governments know this. They're going to be put under a lot of pressure. I still hold my prediction that by the end of the year or sometime next year, we'll have full disclosure.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by cmazzagatti]

[edit on 13-5-2009 by cmazzagatti]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Let's be real about this for a second. What possible reason, could the government have for disclosing information about their findings to the public?
I never said it was going to come from the government. They may not have a choice in it.

How exactly would ET's benefit from revealing their purpose, identity and existance to the human population? Do we have anything to offer them? I doubt it.
Therein lies the problem you are looking at this from a human perspective and wondering whats in it for me? You assume that all life in the universe has the same outlook. I assure you that is highly unlikely. Not even all humans share that short sighted outlook. They have been helping mankind out for thousands of years, the proof is carved in stone, quite literally. I assure you we had much less to offer then, as well.

The religious implications are immense, I am not even religious but I know it would cause a MASSIVE stir in that community, probably panic among other things.
Actually the vatican has already issued a statement saying that it is ok to believe in extra terrestrials and that we should view them as our brothers and sisters from the stars.

It would completely ruin the PTB's plans for domination, which in all likely hood is aligned with the needs and wants of any ET's that are visiting us currently.
That is a unfounded assumption based on nothing. What basis do you have to even make such a statement?

There is simply NO valid reason for any of this to take place in our lifetimes.
I wish that were the case but I feel that we are running out of time and this disclosure may be coming out of necessity.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
They always say it close to getting disclosed and doesnt happen.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmazzagatti
I think it'll be done slowly to be honest. For example, they might announce that they've found water on Mars, then microbes, then they'll find more life-bearing planets in our galaxy, and then they'll slowly begin to announce that we're being visited and engaged.

Who knows though. The public awareness is definitely increasing.

Engaged? Wow that was fast. Those Aliens sure shows who's the Boss.

But yes, the scenario is indeed inevitable to eventually be known.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Obama will disclose, you people just watch.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by cmazzagatti

i think so too. first water in ice form, then ooh, we have microbes, etc...etc...but all we may get it a bone thrown to us now and again building up to it

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I saw the video. DIdnt obama hire someone who wants to disclose the facts or something

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Like someone that works for him.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeautifulLife
They always say it close to getting disclosed and doesnt happen.

I think it is being disclosed very slowly right now in terms of culture and entertainment. More people believe than don't these days in my opinion.

The down side to this theory is that if they don't think we can handle it all at once then it might be a really messed up circumstance where they don't like us very much and want our planet for their own.

I am ready for the truth in any form it comes in.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BeautifulLife

The Obama hiree you're referring to is John Podesta. Just because he's asked for it before doesn't mean it hasn't happen. I think we can all look back at people who said they were going to ask for it, possibly they did, and then they all of a sudden becomes silent on the issue: Bill Clinton, John Podesta, Jimmy Carter, et al.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by beautyfrompain
As much as I'd like to think so, the answer is probably no.

I don't forsee disclosure for a long, long time.

I do not think so either, i think if anything happens in our life, we will not be told the truth.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacobNH
reply to post by Elepheagle

Obama To Have Disclosure By 31 May

Love&Light.

Jacob

Sorry bro. Just because there's a thread linking to CNN's coverage of the X-conference doesn't mean Obama's going to disclose, nor does the fact that Bassett gave out an ultimatum at the end of the conference matter AT ALL. There have been media campaigns in the past. Seen the Disclosure Project? Much more informative and organized than the Exopolitics Network.

Start to notice now that there are dozens of these organizations out there. Each of them has a big hoopla, acquires followers, and then starts charging them money for all sorts of things. Conferences, alien ambassador training, blah.

Seeing, this time, is believing.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

That is why I think we should have a place on ATS where the Mods could update a list of predictions or expectations, preferably with the possibility of being reminded of some of those expected events (if there was a specific date).

That way we could see who was right and who was wrong, and we could become more effective than the web-bots.

Me, I am not expecting any UFO disclosure, not only because I think that the most probable is that there is nothing to disclose but also because I do not see why they would do it now.

Time will tell, as usual.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
hey you guys, check this out....i just found it on another thread.

www.businessweek.com...

maybe disclosure can be forced?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

Definitely. Something needs to give, one way or another.
I don't know if it is UFO related, but something very big is going to happen.
You can see it when you look at people.
I've experienced that even the most "close-minded" people in my direct surroundings are suddenly beginning to open up.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BrainPower

Not very likely, you just have to read the thread to see that two phone calls (up to some minutes ago) had a negative response, nobody knew about anything special happening.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

darn, didnt see that, sorry if i caused a hype....

but i mean if something like that happened, with that many witnesses that the gov could cover it all up? thats what i meant, by asking if you think it could be forced. maybe they just start landing and coming out to say hi and that gives the government no choice.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BrainPower

Its a hoax. I made calls to local businesses and researched the non existant witness. 100% fake story.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join