It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What natural antiviral foods do you recommend?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Many good points so far,

Fasting is a very good way to get your body to eat the bad parts of itself, though for serious periods like 7 days, and just 1 teaspoon of honey in each litre of water, keep hydrated.

You will be amazed if you do this, and lock away from the world the type of stuff that even a apparent healthy body discharges and breaks down.

For everyone every day for the immune system though organic yogurt lots of it.

Your stomach runs the immune system practically, lots of good organic yogurt, though not on a fast but certainly on the last day and thereafter.

Elf

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Uphill

Larrea Tridentata is a anitviral herb from the creosote bush. It works.
I have been using Arizona Natural Chaparral for about 6 weeks now. I originally purchased it to rid my body of the virus left over from the chicken pox that caused my shingles right after 911 occurred. The larrea has lowered my blood pressure so much that I find i may be able to go completely off my high blood pressure medication very soon. It costs about 12-15.00 dollars for 180-500 MG caps. On the lower blood pressure thing, Doctors have just recently discovered that a virus may be responsible for high blood pressure. May be that is why Aspirin works to keep you from having a heart attack.
Also check out on the I-net H2O2-food grade hydrogen peroxide. I have been using this stuff over 10 years to prevent food poisoning . I travel over seas in my work and I encounter foods that are prepared in unsanitary conditions and montazuma's revenge soon follows. H2O2 stops it in it's tracks. It is good to combat any form of virus. cost about 20.00 dollars a quart.

Lay outside in the sunlight with very little clothing or if you must be dressed use light weight thin white clothing that will allow the ultra violet sun rays through.

If you are pumping your immune system up, take the Larrea Tridentata. If you already have the flu then take the H202 first then the Larrea and lay outside or somewhere to let the ultra violet sun rays hit your body for as long as you can without getting sun burnt. Absolutely do not use sun block as this will block the ultra violet rays from penetrating your skin.
Please check all this out on the internet. Larrea Tridentata, Food grade and only food grade 35% H2O2, ..Stay well..............................KMG

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
MMS. Miracle Mineral Supplement has cured Malaria in a single day in a small infant on the verge of death. Looking at a red light or through a Red cloth at a bright light is said to effect illnesses which are thought to enter the body through the eyes. Pouring Hydrogen Peroxide into the ears is thought to effect illnesses which are thought to enter the the ears, Apple Cider Vinegar and Baking Soda ie bringing the PH towards neutral. With that in mind Alkaline water makers, sea weeds, etc..

Keep in mind "Viruses" probably don't even exist (www.neue-medizin.com...). An Illness does exist but what it is or what it's true nature is it, it may not even have a strictly physical origin or it may be more like a slow acting poison or derived from existing microbes.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Here is a link to information on the antiviral properties of the related food spices oregano and marjoram:

findarticles.com...

The essential oil of these herbs is the active ingredient for an antiviral effect.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Garlic works wonders. I wonder why I can only find it from the other side of the world (China). Buy the better local stuff.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Try Germanium 132. The last cold I had I took 1 capsule and nothing else. 2 hrs. later the cold disappeared and never came back. This stuff is amazing.

www.oxy-colon-cleansing-constipation.com...

www.vitacost.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Also about the sugar substitute someone mentioned. The best sugar substitute is Xylitol. It's 30% less calories than sugar, tastes just like sugar and helps fight tooth decay.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uphill
Since there's not enough Tamiflu or other antiviral drugs to go around during the current or future influenza waves, we can still make use of foods which have antiviral effects.

if it ales you.. this stuff will kill it.

www.miraclemineral.org...

-

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
NOTHING

for a virus you don't want to eat virtually anything at all

The foods being listed and Colloidal work against BACTERIA

I would recommend them, Honey (manuka) if you can get it organic from local stock if not, lots of Garlic and... basically the few other things listed

The Honey will keep you alive

I'm going to have to strongly disagree with you!

Garlic, Green Tea, Tumeric...many of the listed foods are natural antivirals and help prevent the cytokine storm. Honey is one of the worst things you can take for h1n1 or h5n1 as it stimulates the production of the pro-inflammatory cytokines IL-6 & TNF-a implicated in the storm.

A virus doesn't feed off of food. It's dead. It replicates through cells, but doesn't consume food.

Ascorbic acid & Oregano Oil are excellent for this and many other things.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Does anyone here know for sure if neem oil also has antiviral properties? Here is a link to a summary of what neem oil can do:

www.asianhealthsecrets.com...

It sounds like it has incredible properties to boost the immune system, and apparently has been used by humans in tropical climates (especially India) for millennia, and has been found to be completely nontoxic.

If you yourself are using or have used neem oil, could you tell us if it worked for you? Also, please tell us what you used it for.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
herbs are miracle workers and every herb has some sort of medicinal purpose. Here are a couple herbs and their uses:

Anise
Romans paid taxes with anise, and it was used in cough drops.

Basil
Precious to lovers in Italy and considered sacred in India. A cup of basil tea after dinner helps digestion.

Borage
The Romans believed the herb to be an antidepressant, and ancient Celtic warriors took it for courage.

Caraway
Caraway was used to scent perfumes and soaps. The Greeks used it for upset stomachs.

Chervil
Eating a whole plant would cure hiccups; chervil was said to warm old and cold stomachs.

Chives
Bunches of chives hung in your home were used to drive away diseases and evil.

Dill
Romans made wreaths and garlands out of dill. Dill keeps witches away.

Fennel
Bunches of fennel were used to drive off witches. It was used in love potions and as an appetite suppressant.

Garlic
It was thought to give strength and courage. Aristotle noted garlic's use as a guard against the fear of water. It's also been widely used against evil powers.

Lovage
Chewing on a piece of the dried root will keep you awake. Culpeper recommended it to "warm a cold stomach and help digestion." Added to bathwater, it was believed to relieve skin problems.

Marjoram
The Greeks believed it could revive the spirits of anyone who inhaled it. At weddings wreaths and garlands were made of marjoram.

Mint
It was believed to cure hiccups and counteract sea-serpent stings. The Romans wore peppermint wreaths on their heads. It was added to bathwater for its fragrance.

Oregano
Used for "sour humours" that plagued old farmers. Also used for scorpion and spider bites.

Parsley
Used for wreaths and in funeral ceremonies. Believed to repel head lice and attract rabbits.

Rosemary
Rosemary in your hair will improve your memory. It will protect you from evil spirits if you put a sprig under your pillow.

Sage
Thought to promote strength and longevity and believed to cure warts. American Indians used it as a toothbrush.

Summer Savory
It was believed to be an aphrodisiac. Culpeper recommended it as a cure for deafness.

Tarragon
Put in shoes before long walking trips to give strength. It has been used to relieve toothache and as an antifungal.

Thyme
Burning thyme gets rid of insects in your house. A bed of thyme was thought to be a home for fairies.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Also, dont forget hemp products. Hemp seeds (or hemp hearts) are like the ultimate miracle food. You can buy them online pretty much anywhere.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Oranges/ juice
Apples/ juice
Grapefruit/ juice*
Milk whole
Green tea
Various V8 drinks
Tuna/ Cod
all veggies
sugar water* gator aid

[edit on 8/31/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

I want to add more information to EMSED1's point earlier in this thread about elder extract. While you can order elder extract online and find it or order it at the supplement desk of independent natural food stores, keep in mind the original source: Elderflowers also have the ability to inactivate viruses. You may already have an elderberry bush or tree growing nearby. Elder (its Latin name is Sambucus nigra) produces flowers during the spring and early summer in the Northern Hemisphere, so we are not far from that time of year now. The common or black elder grows throughout much of Europe. It is so easy to grow that even a twig pushed into the ground will shortly grow roots. There is also a growing demand for elderflowers at farmers' markets, so you may be able to cash in as well. Here is a link for photos of elderflowers and elderberries, as well as further documentation of their antiviral effects:

sueraypolenews.blogspot.com...

Elderflowers, also naturally high in antioxidants, impart a tasty wine-like or grape-like flavor when steeped in water that was brought to a boil and then set aside for ten minutes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join