It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I Actually Did Vote For The $87 Billion Before I Voted Against It."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Guess what time it is, everybody! It's time for number 6!

From the subject, you already know where this one is going. While technically, this is not a lie, it's pretty darned close. I guess it all depends on what the meaning of "is" is.

NBC�S TIM RUSSERT: �Do you believe that we should reduce funding that we are now providing for the operation in Iraq?� SEN. JOHN KERRY: �No. I think we should increase it.� RUSSERT: �Increase funding?� KERRY: �Yes.� RUSSERT: �By how much?� KERRY: �By whatever number of billions of dollars it takes to win. It is critical that the United States of America be successful in Iraq, Tim.� (NBC�s �Meet The Press,� 8/31/03)

By whatever number of billions of dollars it takes to win. Yet...

Then Kerry Voted Against Senate Passage Of Iraq/Afghanistan Reconstruction Package. �Passage of the bill that would appropriate $86.5 billion in fiscal 2004 supplemental spending for military operations and reconstruction in Iraq and Afghanistan. The bill would provide $10.3 billion as a grant to rebuild Iraq, including $5.1 billion for security and $5.2 billion for reconstruction costs. It also would provide $10 billion as a loan that would be converted to a grant if 90 percent of all bilateral debt incurred by the former Iraqi regime of Saddam Hussein has been forgiven by other countries. Separate provisions limit reconstruction aid to $18.4 billion. It also would provide approximately $65.6 billion for military operations and maintenance and $1.3 billion for veterans medical care.� (S. 1689, CQ Vote #400: Passed 87-12: R 50-0; D 37-11; I 0-1, 10/17/03, Kerry Voted Nay)

And how did he justify this? Why, by saying "I Actually Did Vote For The $87 Billion Before I Voted Against It." Ahh, so whatever number of billions were needed, so long as I only have to vote on it once. Cute

new topics

join