It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defense Dept worker charged with classified leaks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Defense Dept worker charged with classified leaks

www3.whdh.com

WASHINGTON -- Prosecutors have charged a Defense Department official with feeding classified information to an agent for the Chinese government.

Officials have unsealed charges in federal court in Virginia against James Fondren, Jr., saying he conspired to relay classified information to a foreign agent.

Authorities say Fondren, 62, believed he was feeding information to the Taiwan government, when in fact the agent was working for China.

Fondren worked at the Pentagon and is the deputy director of the Washington liaison office for U.S. Pacific Command. He has been on administrative l
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.miamiherald.com

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
So what the article is saying is that it would be okay to hand over to the Taiwan but its not okay to hand over info to the Chinese.

Okay so these little leaks make the picture more clearer as to why the Chinese have been in a more assertive mode. If you know the opponents protocol and its chain of command then you dont have too much to worry about.

www3.whdh.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
This is were it begins to gain some interest :

Authorities say Fondren was involved for years in what spy-hunters call a "false flag" operation — believing he was feeding information to one government, when in fact his handler was working for another country.

Fondren worked at the Pentagon, holding top secret clearance as the deputy director of the Washington liaison office for U.S. Pacific Command. He has been on administrative leave since February 2008.

*Note to Mods, I have been having some difficulty lately in placing links such as this one.
www.sfgate.com.../n/a/2009/05/13/national/w073957D18.DTL&hw=Pentagon&sn=001&sc=1000

Okay so this is what everyone more or less knew but was unable to confirm, so my question is how many others are like him. Given the current financial crisis that has affected everyone one way or another, i find it normal that this type of activity is happening. What i dont like is at the level its happening at.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by tristar]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I have been having a sinking feeling concerning China. They have been buying tons of real estate in the US at rock bottom prices. They have been dutifully (until recently) buying our debt of which we can barely afford the interest, forget about the principal. I get the strange feeling they are gearing up for something. I wonder if they are worried we may begin defaulting on our loans.

China is very sneaky, patient and smart. I think it would be a good idea keep a watchful eye on them. Things seem to be brewing and could eventually blow, can't hurt to be prepared.

As for the spy, treason is treason, have to send a strong message to future spies, public execution as a deterrent.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Kellter

Well they have been around for thousands of years, lets not forget that they had funded and trained VC during the French and later American invasion of Vietnam and we all know how that went.

Its true that they have a huge amount of patience and from has been going on, maybe there also gearing up to collect the bills which they might feel that the U.S. may turn around and say, sorry were unable to meet payments, get back to us in 20 years.

top topics

join