It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan Boy Charged in Beating of School Bus Driver

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Michigan Boy Charged in Beating of School Bus Driver

foxnews.com

KALAMAZOO TOWNSHIP, Mich. — A 16-year-old Michigan boy has been charged in the beating of a substitute school bus driver.

The Kalamazoo Gazette and WWMT-TV report the Kalamazoo teen has been charged as a juvenile with assault with intent to do great bodily harm less than murder.

Authorities say the teen was upset at how the 37-year-old driver was doing her job and threatened her Tuesday morning. She pulled over in Kalamazoo Township, about 45 miles south of Grand Rapids, where police say the teen attacked the driver, who suffered a broken finger, bruises and scrapes.

The Kalamazoo Public Schools district says the driver was following all rules and regulations at the time of the incident.

The boy is being held in a juvenile home and will appear in court April 3 for a pretrial hearing.

(visit the link for the full news article)

www.foxnews.com...

*Edit to fix title and text/link

[edit on 5/13/2009 by greeneyedleo]

[edit: fixed source link]

[edit on 13-5-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I saw the video of this on Fox (gasp) news just now. It is quite alarming to watch. This [big] kid literally beats the crap out of this driver.

Now, I know it is rather controversial when children are arrested....

But in this case, this child is a threat to all those around him. Obviously has issues. Who knows what his home life is like, but I would bet it is very dysfunctional.

I actually support a child like this being arrested for the sake of those around him. However, I also know that he will probably be thrown into the system and not receive proper treatment for his issues. So, I am a little torn on his "punishment" he will receive.

I know many wont agree with his arrest and if you do not, what do you think the alternative would be in dealing with a violent child like this?

Please go HERE to see video.

Additional links and info:

www.ohio.com...

KALAMAZOO TWP., MICH.: A 16-year-old Michigan boy has been charged in the beating of a substitute school bus driver.

The Kalamazoo Gazette and WWMT-TV report the Kalamazoo teen has been charged as a juvenile with assault with intent to do great bodily harm less than murder.

Authorities say the teen was upset at how the 37-year-old driver was doing her job and threatened her Tuesday morning. She pulled over and police say the teen attacked the driver, who suffered a broken finger, bruises and scrapes.

The Kalamazoo Public Schools district says the driver was following the rules.

The boy is being held in a juvenile home and is due for a pretrial hearing next month.

[url=http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,505344,00.html[/url]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I was sure when I read the title that this was going to be an incident in the UK (this crap happens a lot) Looks like I was wrong.

One thing I truly hate, it's bad enough to do this act, but to actually brag about it, it's just pathetic.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I honestly haven't seen the video, but I reckon I can guess what I would be watching.

Draw your own conclusions.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Man that's a real beating... I can tell you for sure if I was one of those people trying to pull that kid away from the driver, well basically I would not be pulling him away - I think collapsing his legs with a kick to the back of his knees and at the same time smashing his face into the dash board would easily fit in to the category of defence (of the driver) in any court - especially with that footage as evidence.

mind you I hope there will be others to keep his mates from giving me a kicking - but a 75 year old? damn that's right out of order.

Edit: the snippet of the story says a 13 year old lad, the text by the vid clip says 16? And the driver has long hair, not saying a 75 year old man can't have long hair but is not common at all, is that the same incident?

another edit!: I get it, a 39 year old woman was the driver.... They should have this kids head looked at.

[edit on 13/5/2009 by Now_Then]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I know its not justified but why did he beat the driver.???

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by booda

One report says:

Authorities say the teen was upset at how the 37-year-old driver was doing her job and threatened her Tuesday morning.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
It's not the kid's fault. It's because of rap music and the fact that cheerios claim to be good for you..
seriously tho, a 75 yr old? I'm trying to remember a time when i was a kid that i was that angry at the world.
some people only listen to violence. I hope this old man has a 13-17 year old granson somewhere close...........so nobody gets charged.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by booda

One report says:

Authorities say the teen was upset at how the 37-year-old driver was doing her job and threatened her Tuesday morning.

Another says:

A 19-year-old neighbor who wouldn't identify himself blames the driver saying he routinely antagonized the teen Emanuel McKinney.

Cardonick denies antagonizing McKinney but wouldn't comment further on the neighbor's claims. However, he does say McKinney has been a problem since day one
are these from the same reports/incident? Only one says the driver is a 37 yer old lady, the other implies a man.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
I was sure when I read the title that this was going to be an incident in the UK (this crap happens a lot) Looks like I was wrong.

One thing I truly hate, it's bad enough to do this act, but to actually brag about it, it's just pathetic.

Yep me too. I remember going to work once and this big muscular man and his mate bragged about beating up some small religious person. I thought they where so stup1d.

People everywhere seem to be obsessed with violence, and if your not they will just make it up you are, so they can justify that they are cr1p.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Yheh I'm in the UK too, some parts of this city the police ride the buses undercover, one time actually a particular bus route was getting pelted with rocks and any other stuff lying around, it was a sorta a vital part of the route, no other way and the topography was ideal for that sort of ambush - a couple of times they deliberately had the bus run behind schedule while another one ran that part of the route packed with coppers in civvie clothes!!! I can't recall what happened exactly it was a few years back, I think they were able to isolate the kids and deal with them some how.

Another one was a guy in a hoodie pricked 2 drivers in as many days with a hyperaemic needle, no reason apparently, just as he was getting off the bus calmly.

I once sat next to a talking wedge of cheese on a bus... He said he was going to a fancy dress party, I didn't believe him.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Yep, looks like I c&p the wrong article. Will fix

My first day on the job and already made a mistake

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I see some boys on this video who deserve kudos for standing up and doing the right thing.

The bus driver is WAY more docile than I would have been.

I swear to God that if I saw a tape of my kid doing something like this, they'd be so afraid of coming home that they'd be begging the cops to take them to juvie.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

reply to greeneyedleo
I actually support a child like this being arrested for the sake of those around him. However, I also know that he will probably be thrown into the system and not receive proper treatment for his issues. So, I am a little torn on his "punishment" he will receive.

I say an eye for an eye, so to speak. The Ahole!! This kid should be arrested & kept off the streets as he is a danger to anyone whom he doesn't like - as in the way they are acting?!?!?!?!? I cannot believe anyone would be 'torn' over this. Did you watch the video?? Someone should beat him silly so he can totally understand what he did!! Geesh....

reply to heyo
It's not the kid's fault. It's because of rap music and the fact that cheerios claim to be good for you..
seriously tho, a 75 yr old? I'm trying to remember a time when i was a kid that i was that angry at the world.
some people only listen to violence. I hope this old man has a 13-17 year old granson somewhere close...........so nobody gets charged.

Unbeleveable!!!! No wonder kids, and even grownups, have no idea of what personal responsibility is!! As long as people keep blaming bad, and criminal, behavior on the music, the games, etc. there is absolutely no hope for this world!!

The 'punishment' needs to match the offense! ALWAYS, IMO!! Get a grip, people!! Also, do not the parents have some responsibility here?!?!?!? My parents taught me right from wrong!! By looking at the video, this kid has been taught nothing but violence and the parents are responsibile for that...

Some people in the public really make me sick! No wonder this country is on the verge of revolution - those raised with moral values are sick & tired of it all! Would have been alot different if that driver had hade a weapon for protection, huh?? Not saying to kill the kid - but, definitely, to scare him enough to pee his pants!!

I see stupid people!!!!!

reply to Aeons

posted on 5/13/2009 at 11:49 AM
I see some boys on this video who deserve kudos for standing up and doing the right thing.

The bus driver is WAY more docile than I would have been.

I swear to God that if I saw a tape of my kid doing something like this, they'd be so afraid of coming home that they'd be begging the cops to take them to juvie.

Amen to that!!!!

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I was furious after watching this, but unfortunately this will still not be seen in the correct context by some. Imagine if this was your mother or grandmother, or your wife. From what I understand this psycho has beat up other women on four or five other occasions and he is still riding a bus with our children. Not only should this kid get thrown in a mental institution but his parents should be charged, I mean if I can be prosecuted for my dog biting someone than how is it fair to not hold the creators of this nut case accountable...at least the dog has the excuse of being a dog, if this kid thinks he can get away with this kind of stuff, we only have Political Correctness. I suppose whooping the piss out of this kid with a switch in front of his victims and classmates would be considered torture though.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I don't know what to say about that video. Predators like to prey on weaker victims, even moreso when they don't put up a fight. Chances are he'll be in the morgue before he's 25, and it'll be of his own doing. Good riddance.

Peace

[edit on 13-5-2009 by Dr Love]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
no child left behind

ya can't discriminate against violent psychos if they are kids

saw it all the time- thieves, ankle detection bracelets on 13 year old girls on probation- lol

child advocates sound good - but then again they are not the ones doing anything or hanging around with the little darlings.

you have to take them in- everyone has to suffer, wasted money, time and eventually violence.

seen it every year. they last about a month

edit- oh yeah- forgot- they have an acronym for it "behaviorial disorder syndrome or something like that - they are in need of care so if your child gets a pencil stuck in their eye it is good because they are sharing in the poor soul's attempt at education

[edit on 13-5-2009 by ScreamtheDance]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I hope they try that little punk bastard as an adult. By sixteen years old, these *kids* know full well what they are doing and what they are capable of. I sincerely hope they make an example out of this one. In addition, someone from the bus drivers family should go beat the crap out of his parents IMHO.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
This kid should be arrested and put in jail for a couple of nights. Not sent to a juvi centre or something that will only make things worse in the end. After some nights in prison his older brother or his father should beat the living crap out of him. Im so serious right now. Only way this guy might understand that its wrong to hit people who never provoked it in any manner. Id give him the beating of a lifetime if possible...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SamSimonSam

This 'kid' should be put into general population on a sexual offenders wing... and given clothes 2 or 3 sizes too small.

Cruel and unusual I know. Could be a good deterrent though.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join