It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Torturer's Apprentice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   

The Torturer's Apprentice

www.homepagedaily.com

This is odd, because anyone with a keyboard, modem and half a brain, quickly discovered that in the panicky aftermath of 9/11, the West had forged a pact with the Devil. It was not only Dick Cheney who felt the call of the dark side - it was virtually the entire governing class of America, Britain and Australia. Yes, even Australia, a former penal colony that started life as Britain’s Guantanamo.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.aclu.org
www.iccaction.com
www.iccaction.com

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I guess this is a reminder that it isn't just the Americans - the likes of Cheney and Bush, that might be looking for a bolt hole , but "the entire governing class of America, Britain and Australia" and a lot more besides.

This fine article by RICHARD NEVILLE. outlining the Howard governments complicity in torture, should be getting more coverage in the mainstream press, which is why I'm posting it here.

Howard is already under investigation by the International Criminal Court over his involvement in war crimes in Iraq - see the ICC Brief (doc) linked above.

But here is the breaking news

"A federal appeals court today ruled that a landmark American Civil Liberties Union lawsuit against Boeing subsidiary Jeppesen DataPlan Inc. for its role in the Bush administration's unlawful extraordinary rendition program can go forward. (see link above)

It gives me some hope to realise that that many of those complicit in war crimes and torture might eventually be called upon to give account of their actions.

www.homepagedaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-5-2009 by thepresidentsbrain]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
PM KEVIN RUDD - getting in up to his neck!

"n a bid to suppress evidence of torture of an Australian citizen by the US military, the Rudd government has unsuccessfully asked the Federal Court to summarily dismiss a compensation case by former Guantánamo Bay prisoner Mamdouh Habib."

wsws.org...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by thepresidentsbrain

Howard is already under investigation by the International Criminal Court over his involvement in war crimes in Iraq - see the ICC Brief (doc) linked above.

I can only hope that it all ends rather badly for Howard. However, I don't have faith in such poetic justice. Anyone who bowls a tennis ball as badly as he did should be sent to the gallows!

IRM

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

lol Exactly, he should of been fired right there and then.
I agree i would like to see Howard go down for this but i cant see the ICC(court that is not the cricket council) having much of an impact here.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

LOL!

I've always felt somehow soiled since I saw that footage. If only I could claim irreparable damages!

IRM

new topics

top topics

join