It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my opionion of 1st contact and dna

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
OK who thinks there are ready for a alien to come face to face to you??
i don't think anybody is my theory is that if a alien came face to face to you , you would most likely either instantly transform or instantly die .

this is just my opinion no facts but what i believe

DNA is our instructions and we don't use a lot of it and it is called junk to the so called experts but dna is directly linked to our emotions a spirituality so if we came across a alien we would not be able to still think of ourselves as we do now but to change our thought of life drastically . instant religion makeover and i think that is the meaning of enlightenment

what u think???

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
i would embrace the chance to meet an alien. i also believe that not all "aliens" are bad, evil, grey types.

i believe that there are way more "getters of the bigger picture" than what we have been programmed to believe is alien life.

it would rock my world, but not my rationale. i could easily handle it. getting the chance to "meet" an off world entity would just affirm something that i've had a hunch about all my life.

bring it on.

edit: oh and what do you mean by "instantly transform"?

[edit on 5/13/2009 by zooplancton]

[edit on 5/13/2009 by zooplancton]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
instantly transform meaning becoming physic and be a different being because we only no living through the monetary system and a lot of things will start changing

and i don't think it would be possible for u to talk to a alien if it approach you in alien form

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by tdrowe2008

Well i think your stereo-typing aliens alot.

There isnt a general look to an alien.

There are different races. Yes, there is typical Greys, but there are also human-looking aliens.
There are thousands of different life forms out there, and they dont all look the same.
Look at all the variations we have on Earth, now think how big space is.

And besides, you could of looked at an ET without even knowing, i believe they're living among us.

Love&Light.

Jacob

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
My opinion is that DNA is the basic building block for all life, aliens would have it too, possibly much the same as ours. Like your claim, no proof to back up, just my belief.

I think DNA is a "blueprint" for life

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Well i think your stereo-typing aliens alot.
reply to post by JacobNH

Lol! I'm not disagreeing, you are probably correct but this struck me funny this morning. We don't even have contact yet, and we are trying to be politically correct already.

I know that wasn't your point, but that is what hit me first, and it was funny.

If you take earth as an example and look at the billions of earth-like planets in the universe, it is likely we could not even recognize the majority of life forms as such. I think the OP is referring to intelligent forms of which earth only has 1. (It is a whole other argument to define "intelligent" or "civilized")

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by tdrowe2008
so if we came across a alien we would not be able to still think of ourselves as we do now but to change our thought of life drastically . instant religion makeover and i think that is the meaning of enlightenment

what u think???

I think that i dont agree, i mean i dont know how others see themselves as they do, but i fully expect their to be Aliens somewhere, it wouldnt be that much of a suprise if they came a knocking, unlikely but possible. Sure it might change the way religion is seen to some, but to me it would only confirm my beliefs about organised religion. It would depend on what they had to say aswell but it would be highly unlikely that they could offer the answers to the questions i would like to know. Which is basically what was before the nothingness, they would likely be looking for that answer aswell.

As to Transformation, well i just dont get that, there would need to be a catalyst something more than just seeing and alien, and i doubt people would die of fright, some might, of course you might die if they were hostile aliens.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by tdrowe2008
instantly transform meaning becoming physic and be a different being because we only no living through the monetary system and a lot of things will start changing

and i don't think it would be possible for u to talk to a alien if it approach you in alien form

you know, i think we'd be pretty blown away at the extent of the universe's unknown (to us) sciences. i'd lean to say that just about anything is possible.

i'd also think that a race/species that had enough brains and/or legacy to pull off inter-stellar travel, they'd probably have a means of communication to reach out to the people that they are seeking or come across by chance. -- it'd be like packing for a camp trip and only bringing a bowling ball.

new topics

top topics

join