It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the lack of support for the constitution party?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
This is what I dont get, what I really dont get. For all the talk of the two party system here and the talk of forming a new party based on anti-tax free market ideology the constitution party, which is exactly what every claims to basically follow upon, has all these platforms. Why isnt there any support for them? If you are frustrated with both parties why isnt there support for third parties like these? As much as I thing they are highly hypocritical on their playform given their name, Im still real curious as they follow the perfect path most rightwing ATSers stand for here? Wheres the love? Wheres the hype about this party?

Theres also the:

Boston tea party
The libertarian party
The jefferson party
The independence party

I mean whats happening here? For all the talk here its as if these parties are non existent? Wheres the full out promotion? Why aint there a movement to combine these parties... Just what am I missing here?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I consider myself a Constitutionalist. But when I've researched the 'constititutionalist' parties it seems that I always run int a strong religious (Christian) under-current in their positions. Don't get me wrong, I have no issues with religion but I want it kept separate from politics. For my money, they should just stick to the Constitution and let all the other non-Constitution issues sort themselves out at the state level.

Just my $.02

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The U.S Constitution is out-dated and just not right for todays society...

stuff needs to progress..you cannot live in the past all the time (222 years in the past)

222 years old laws and guidelines of living... may as well follow ancient rome laws...

[edit on 13-5-2009 by Next_Heap_With]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Well I know that I voted for the Constitution Party twice already (Peroutka and Baldwin) so I am doing my part.

I am not sure why they haven't 'taken off' more and my guess is most people that would be likely to like the CP are hooked into the Libertarian Party instead.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Well, for my part, there is no one party that I can identify or support 100%. For example, the Constitutionalist party. There are several of their planks that I disagree with, including drugs and foreign policy.

I see no need to join any one party. I consider myself an independent, and will vote for the candidate based upon the issues.

For example, I have conservative values. The governor of my state is a Democrat. But I just love this guy; rarely do I disagree with him. I am glad he is currently our governor for the second term, and I'm glad I voted for him.

Btw, good thread, SG.
Hopefully it will help us to understand why the 2 parties have a stranglehold on politics, and maybe it will bring out some ideas on how to change that.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by jsobecky]

new topics

top topics

join