It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

J Edgar Hoover admitted Army recovered downed UFO

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
yup, no doubt.

but anything like this? one hour, single target, multiple batteries, 1-2K rounds, radar contact . . ?

where else did such an engagement occur?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
ps: i'm heading to flanders in a few weeks to check out the trenches . . . different war, but still.

any must-see in that area?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SecretGoldfish
yup, no doubt.

but anything like this? one hour, single target, multiple batteries, 1-2K rounds, radar contact . . ?

where else did such an engagement occur?

Off the top of my head? Definitely happened during the Battle of Britain, but I don't have the dates. Same with the Pacific theater, especially during the kamikaze period.

RadOne, Radar Operator's Manual One, printed in 1944, speaks of "buck fever" casually. It was a known phenomena by then. Nothing surprising. Put tired men with heightened alertness on a gun with a quick trigger. Put men with too little training and too much time in front of the scope, add in the very early knowledge of radar operation and limitations, and you get incidents such as the Battle of L.A.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
but back to BOLA . . .

anyone ever pulled the prevailing wind records for that night, speed and direction?

object moves from santa monica to long beach in about twenty minutes . . .

that's what, fifteen miles? if that's explainable by wind speed and direction, i'd say the 'baloon' theory holds some water. but if not . . .

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Professor Stephen Hawking: "Of course it is possible that UFO's really do contain aliens as many people believe, and the Government is hushing it up."

Just a quote from the good professor,and from The Telegraph story.
Does that not sum up this debate?
The eminent professor is not afraid to use "popular" terminology
at all and is not afraid to agree what the possibilities might be.
You just cannot close your mind to anything at all,
H.G.Wells certainly did not have a closed mind,but that's another story
isn't it?
I really don't know where Gawd is coming from,
you are allowed to have an opinion on something gleaned from elsewhere,
but it should not be rammed down your throat as fact.
Did Henry Ford really say you can have any colour as long as it's black?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla
So, I'm the irrational one? Really? I'm a skeptic, so I doubt that. Of course, if you had evidence you'd have already trotted it out. But the dog ate it, right?

You're not a skeptic, you're a debunker. A skeptic takes the neutral position and weighs the evidence. A debunker concludes a priori alien visitation to this planet is bunk.

You tout a lack of evidence, when you refuse to open your eyes. I'm not talking about controversial evidence, but true scientific data like the study of UFOs by the Battelle Memorial Institute.. Surely you're familiar with it ?

Here's another question, IF aliens did happen to visit this planet and the US govt knew, do you think that information would be classified ?

[edit on 13-5-2009 by Schaden]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Low blow of the day Incoming. . . and. . . go! Lemme guess the aliens also enjoyed cross dressing when they weren't working for the fbi? . . . Seriously I had to do it sorry if i offended any of you wolves in sheeps clothing.

"A thought just crushed my mind"

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Since I mentioned Professor Hawkin's post I think I should add a link
to that speech,which was at the White House in 2000,
if you read the rest of that particular piece of his speech it is quite
enigmatic.You decide,

clinton4.nara.gov...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden

So, I'm the irrational one? Really? I'm a skeptic, so I doubt that. Of course, if you had evidence you'd have already trotted it out. But the dog ate it, right?

You're not a skeptic, you're a debunker. A skeptic takes the neutral position and weighs the evidence. A debunker concludes a priori alien visitation to this planet is bunk. [edit on 13-5-2009 by Schaden]

So, you like lots of bunk in your theories? Noted for future use.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Gawdzilla

So Gawdzilla, you're basically saying everyone of thes top-brass officials scientists, astronauts, CIA officials are lying about UFO's? Correct?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child

So Gawdzilla, you're basically saying everyone of thes top-brass officials scientists, astronauts, CIA officials are lying about UFO's? Correct?

"basically saying", I love that term.

I'm saying, where's the evidence?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Should have put "paraphrased" there. It seems I have to be very, very, very explicit to avoid misunderstanding here. Not surprising.

No, actually, Gawdzilla, I believe people are more just annoyed at your 'Youtube Commenting Style'.

Perhaps you should actually grace THAT site, instead of this one, if you can only scream 'HOAX' or 'FAKE', without supplying any evidence or sources to back up your baseless accusations. To be honest, I've read quite a few of your baiting, and argumentative posts of late, and it baffles me as to why you are even on this site in the first place. I implore you to lend your 'amazing' debunking 'skillz' to Youtube, instead. There's more people around there who prefer to argue as if they were in a schoolyard.

I've actually added someone to my ignore list now... I kind of liked having that list empty, but, alas, this gawdzilla isn't a constructive person, nor does s/he bring anything to the table at all in any of the threads I've noticed lately.

Back to topic;

In reading the context of the hoover quote, I'm getting a different picture as to what he meant, however, it's all down to each of our own interpretations, in the end.

The way I understand it is this way:

"We must insist upon full access to disks recovered. For instance, in the LA case the Army grabbed it (the 'La Case') and would not let us have it for cursory examination."

In essence, it seems more to me as though he is referring to how the military had possibly grabbed up the case, and restricted access to it.

I hadn't actually heard of this 'Louisiana Case' before coming across this thread... I'll have to look into that one a little bit more.

J

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
How about we all just ignore Gawdzilla, as you can see all he does is turn the attention of threads towards him. He's not worth trying to convince, if you ignore him I'm sure he'll go.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jephers0n

Gee, another fan. I have fun here. If you don't like that, not my fault. If you get all defensive when I ask questions, perhaps you should examine your own thoughts rather than mine.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thebudweiserstuntman

"We must insist upon full access to disks recovered. For instance, in the LA case the Army grabbed it and would not let us have it for cursory examination."

also Nixon;

Richard Nixon, US President from 1969 to 1974: "I'm not at liberty to discuss the government's knowledge of extraterrestrial UFO's at this time. I am still personally being briefed on the subject."

Both of these, to me, hint at Alien life. If you were to swap the words to "I'm not at liberty to discuss the government's knowledge of 'Homosexual Grasshoppers'..." (random, I know), you'd immediately think, 'What? Homosexual Grasshoppers? You mean they have knowledge relating to this?'

You wouldn't immediately assume, 'Ahh, they won't talk about it because there isn't any info'.

Dude, what am I on? It's 1am, silly man!

Anyway, if there's nothing to talk about on a subject, people generally say that, rather than tell people that they are still hearing about it themselves.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

"And what percentage believe aliens are running around South Dakota, please"?

You know Gawd,you made that quote here on this thread a few minutes
after you posted a message on the South Dakota thread,which was only about 20 minutes old.
I hadn't even seen that thread at the time,being engrossed with this one
man,you don't half get about,'nuff said.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Interesting report, but to the best of my knowledge it was the Navy got the UFO in 1942... Possibly, fished out of a bay near some Island in the San Diego area.

Anyone who watches the UFO scene, with an eye to an overview, might have notices that. The hacker from England claimed he found all the interesting UFO related information in the Navy's files..

Plus the only TV series that sort of played with an *serious* alternative history, the main Government person, Frank Bach, is a Naval officer..

I suggest people do a little of their own research on it and then look up *Operation Mainbrace*.. and check out the history of UFOs and the carrier Enterprise. Note how the Navy seemed far more*up to speed*, as it were, with how to deal with witnesses, than any of the other armed forces did, in the 40s/50s60s.

If the witness who have spoken out in public about certain UFO sightings the Navy were party to, then why is there so little pressure for them to release the cine film and photographs they apparently have, whilst Roswell's bones, are endlessly picked over?

Think about it, you can write off any number of purely aerial sightings as any number of earthly things. It's a hell of a lot harder to dismiss credible witness accounts of objects emerging from the water and flying, or for that matter, objects flying then entering the water in a controlled manner. There is no technology on earth that could, or can perform both those feats and no -one has ever come forward to claim that any earthly power has ever successfully tested a *flying sub*. Although we do know the Russians had a design that may have reached, the prototype stage during WW2

There are those who have theorised that the original Roswell Press Release was as much politicking within the USA's armed forces over the UFO phenomenon as much as anything else. The possible reason being that, by declaring they had found one in public, it was tantamount to the Army/Airforce saying... "try stealing it from us and see what happens"..

That is, the Roswell incident was possibly a *put up* job, to flush out just what the Navy knew about the subject and/or to see who bit and and how deep..

The review J E's comments and consider just maybe that. What it does show is this. That it was and still is, impossible to keep it totally secret that the USA does have knowledge of the phenomenon, way past that which it claims it does, but while it might not be able to keep it totally under wraps. It did a good enough job, to have a control freak like Hoover, chasing the wrong people..

let me give you an example of what I am talking about from my own Country Great Britain. A couple of very experienced flight crew made 2 UFO sighting reports in a relatively short space of time. The non uniformed personnel sent to interview them asked them to estimate the craft's speed and quoted "What sort of Miles per Hour would you estimate it was travelling at?"...

Now had that security person been RAF or Royal Navy, they would have quoted Knots, not Miles per Hour. Which would suggest that the department collating, *serious UFO* reports, was not attached to either those branches of the armed services..

See to my mind, it's the little details like that in a person's testimony that actually, speak volumes. It suggest that, the British government was

1 Lying about their disinterest in the phenomenon as merely mis identified natural occurrences or earthly craft.and

2 Didn't trust the armed forces, themselves, to investigate it, or quite possibly, to be able to keep a lid on its' findings..

Given that, I can well see how Hoover, given his personality and frankly, overt paranoia, might well have gleaned just enough information to know something was behind the UFO phenomenon that was a lot more tangible than*swamp gas* but was never able to track down just who knew what. That would have peeved him considerably, as it would any control freak, so he was deliberately loose lipped about it, possibly, in order to try and force his way into the loop, as it were...

[edit on 13-5-2009 by FireMoon]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Excellent info, FireMoon!!

All new stuff to me, thought I'd already heard about nearly everything, already!! It (your take on the story) lends a lot credence to the way the Army (possibly anticipating the morphing of the Air Corps into the USAF...not realizing it would calve off into a seperate Branch...) the way the Army was trying to "one-up" Navy and get in on the 'action'.

As I've said, I think a lot of high-rankers smelled "advancement" and personal gain from this. NOT just from 'back-engineering'....but for the weaponizing potential, and thus supremacy on the World's stage.....

]

[edit on 5/13/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thebudweiserstuntman

He mentioned the government's 'knowledge' of the subject and did however say he was still being briefed on the subject, which, to me would suggest that they have information to 'brief' him with...

edit - spelling

[edit on 13-5-2009 by Thebudweiserstuntman]

It all depends on what Nixon was being asked...

For example, if I had asked "What is your knowledge of lizard people" he might have said "I cannot speak about my knowledge of lizard people"

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I have taken kind enjoyment on reading the forums for a year,and this will be my first post. If a virus can live in temperatures comparable to boiling battery acid,then who is to say that ET's cannot be real? Humankind has watched the sky's for millenniums.Pictographs/hieroglyphs/Geoglyphs littering the world,with objects they saw in the heavens,and objects that came down from them.Countless stories ancient,and current. I have never seen a UFO,and I don't have to.

Professor Stephen Hawking: "Of course it is possible that UFO's really do contain aliens as many people believe, and the Government is hushing it up.

Great minds are open to possibilities. To say its not there,is to say their is no air. Try grabbing a hand full of air,and show the world its in your hand.You can't.We all breathe it though.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join