It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

J Edgar Hoover admitted Army recovered downed UFO

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Gawdzilla

That's a cute come back, but you didn't post what I asked you for so I'm just going to assume that Hoover never said what you claim he did, and you are just making things up to suit your fancy.

My point still stands, as is plainly evident, that J. Edgar Hoover himself had apparently assumed that discs were recovered. Nothing really to argue about on that one anyway, his exact words are in the first post (and he assumes they are in the army's possession, thus assuming they exist, once again) and everyone here has a brain and knows the English language well enough. It's just a matter of how many people you want to make yourself look a fool in front of I guess.

Not afraid of something that doesn't exist?
You really don't see how irrationally defensive you are being, if you REALLY think they don't exist? Why so much emotional energy then? I honestly do think you are just afraid of what you don't know. It's really not uncommon for many people.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

"You really don't see how irrationally defensive you are being, if you REALLY think they don't exist?"

So, I'm the irrational one? Really? I'm a skeptic, so I doubt that. Of course, if you had evidence you'd have already trotted it out. But the dog ate it, right?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

You're good at avoiding my rebuttals, kudos.

I didn't come here especially to offer you evidence. I came here in response to the garbage you were posting, putting words in Hoover's mouth and the like.

Being a "skeptic" doesn't mean you have to be logical (as you make obvious by twice refusing to support your argument when offered), only that you are being defensive. Big difference but you can work it out yourself. Skeptics are never the ones to make paradigm-shattering discoveries like Einsteins and Teslas; they're always the ones who ride the heels of creative scientists going through the motions as if they know what they're talking about, until enough generations of them die away that people finally accept the truth. Like that the Earth revolves around the Sun, for example. All you skeptics back a few hundred years ago had one HELL of a time trying to get around that basic and obvious fact. When Copernicus died, you still thought he was a fool. This is how history remembers the vast majority of "skeptics." They become too attached to outmoded ways of thinking, and can't move on when everyone else does. (On top of that they are usually pessimistic and have awful sarcastic attitudes!)

Anyway, I'm done with this cesspool. Definitely an interesting experiment for me since I usually don't bother with the ET/UFO circles.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Hmmm, don't feed the troll?

As far I am concerned there is undeniable evidence that the Army have recovered UFO's. The testimony of people like J Edgar Hoover, Edgar Mitchell and Jimmy Carter, amongst many other top-level scientists, astronauts and officials is undeniable. I've counted hundreds. I think only an ignormous would dismiss all this evidence. The irony is, to dismiss their testimony would be accusing them of lying, but it's actually far more likely that they(the denier) themselves are lying(to themselves)

[edit on 13-5-2009 by Indigo_Child]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo_Child

Got that evidence? Care to debunk the non-existence position? Waiting.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

good evidence here

and here

Please don't read these reports as they are only words and you can easily say they never happened. But can you explain why the supporting evidence even exists? you see, when you are trying to speak on a forum such as this, you provide supporting evidence to your claim so you at least have a leg to stand on.

These are two of the most compelling reports I have read to date. Now for you to continue this discussion, you would kind of want to provide some kind of alternative theory with supporting evidence. (like a trial)

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

If your examples were "evidence", then the existence of alien space ships on or about Earth would be more believable. However, just because you want it to be evidence doesn't make it evidence.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I think these well known individuals is more a list of credible people with first hand knowledge of the phenomena, than a mere list of "believers."

Heck, there's even a video here on ATS of Dr. Miccio Kaku talking about a number of UFO sightings being unexplainable and therefore "creepy."

When a man of his stature and intelligence says something like that, it lends gravitas to the subject in general.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
"just because you want it to be evidence doesn't make it evidence".

Hold on Gawd,
The same applies to what you have said,only in the negative.
But you also made a suggestion,(indirectly) for instance that
the army could not bring down the UFO in LA,
yet Roswell,Corona and LA all have downed UFO's,
If you believe the stories,it doesn't matter how they were downed
just that the are vunerable in some way..but you worked the other
in saying that they are invunerable!
Does that mean you know they are invunerable?

[edit on 13-5-2009 by smurfy]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

Hold on Gawd,
The same applies to what you have said,only in the negative.
But you also made a suggestion,(indirectly) for instance that
the army could not bring down the UFO in LA,
yet Roswell,Corona and LA all have downed UFO's,
If you believe the stories,it doesn't matter how they were downed
just that the are vunerable in some way..but you worked the other
in saying that they are invunerable!

They can't shoot down something that's not there. AAA has never successfully shot down the sky.

As for Roswell, Corona and Louisiana, where's the meat?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Hi,
Well,thanks for your reply,even though it was not an answer
to my query.
As for the "Meat" I don't give a toss,
maybe they had it for lunch down in Bohemian Grove!

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

Hi,
Well,thanks for your reply,even though it was not an answer
to my query.
As for the "Meat" I don't give a toss,
maybe they had it for lunch down in Bohemian Grove!

The "meat" isn't important to true believers. It's not about the facts, it's about the mythology. So asking for evidence is not deeply satisfying. However, it's informative for the lurkers.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I don't believe or disbelieve in ET piloted UFO's. I only think it's a POSSIBILITY. I also think it's maybe possible the government could have tech to build/fly UFO's as well but we wouldn't know for security reasons. Now having said this, a non-believer no more has evidence of non-existence than a total believer has of confirmation at this time; therefore, this discussion is becoming a total waste of time.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
One by one the truth speaks, Soon there will be no critics.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
This might be BIG. Very BIG. Can we find any other sources for the quotes?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla

Originally posted by network dude
since we are talking about sticks and tin foil at Roswell, how about you tell me your thoughts on the original press release? Sinice you did a bunch of reaserch, I am sure you know the one of which I speak so I won't have to link it.

Just your opinion of what the press officer was thinking.

I eagerly await you incredibly well thought out response.

I've held a copy of the Roswell paper for that date, so yes, I've seen it. I think it was highly premature and badly thought-out. I use it as an example of going off half-cocked. It happens when you start agreeing with something when you're excited, a common problem with human beings. In part, Roswell was responsible for the current policy of making statements only through the Public Affairs Office, the PAO. (And yes, that policy is bent and/or broken frequently. It usually brings down the wrath of TPTB when you violate protocol.)

Yet you sit there and disagree with everything anyone has ever said ever.... I see that as a more fatal flaw. All I hear coming from you is opinions (which hold no sway at all without anything to back it up).

You patronize us because we believe things yet you say things without giving us any sources and expect us to take your word? A contradiction? Why are you always so angry? You know that raises your blood pressure right? Makes you more prone to heart attacks? You need to seriously calm down, for your own health.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo_Child

Indigo, sorry for breaking up your paragraph---

As far I am concerned there is undeniable evidence that the Army have recovered UFO's.

---but that is the POINT of this thread!!!

Waaay back on page one, where there's this thing known as an 'OP', the Army was mentioned. Hoover was frustrated (and likely petulant...Napolean Complex, methinks).

Internecine rivalry was well-known, especially Post-WWII.

Col. Philip J. Corso's book 'Day After Roswell' delineates this clearly. He was Army, and he describes how fiercly protective the other Branches were with their 'toys'...they didn't like to share. Greedy little self-serving career-focused children, if you ask me!

editing for this: It really was a conflict between the Army and Navy, since there was as yet no 'Air Force' as we know today. The 'Army Air Corps' eventually morphed into the USAF. Sooooooo.....they already had some of the goodies, n'est pas?

And, well, as to Hoover?? Pffffft!! HE was a civilian. Beneath contempt in the eyes of the Military Brass.

[edit on 5/13/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla
reply to post by NephraTari

The list of people who don't believe in UFOs is longer, if you only the count the people who have some idea what they're talking about. So quote-mining is not support, it's just repeating opinions.

Not to belabor your flak dented posts, but...

Can you get us a copy of that list? Or, if a generality, where did you get this certain composite information?

National polls by media, and others suggest a majority believe. Means nothing until an objective study is done. Your data is also inadmissible and in the same category too you understand.

Sorry, but such generalizations of "so called" facts just cloud our perception of the issues at hand. They do no service to your credibility if you cannot be more specific.

The difference between "opinion" and "opinionated" is that the former is disclosed, the latter is not.

FYI,

ZG

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I think they just wanna prove it so they are saying it.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Skeptics will be skeptics though.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join