It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

J Edgar Hoover admitted Army recovered downed UFO

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I've already noted that no amount of evidence is enough here. So you win, you're the champ, the best. Have fun with that.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla
Sorry, but it's just another case of wishful thinking. The Battle of L.A. has been studied and debunk many times over.

Debunked? Since when? Where's your source of information on that one? As far as I know, it has NEVER been debunked. Unless you consider "debunking" a form of fictional factoids derived from Skeptics' opinions.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

what is there to debunk?

the photographer never claimed to have captured an object in the picture he was there and saw nothing. But 40 years later after everyone is dead some guy starts manipulating the photo claiming theres a solid object there?

In fact most poeple saw nothing in the sky that night. Other witnesses report seeing 15 planes in a v shape formation. A police station reported a downed aircraft in the area when the army got there they found nothing. The commander of the artillary thought he saw a group of planes but then realised it was just smoke. We have a few witnesses who reported a ballon or blimp.

sounds like war nerves and the power of suggestion at work to me.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by yeti101]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Gawdzilla

Ok forget J Edgar Hoover.. as he was only the head of the FBI.. you should know more about it than him right?

Lets take a look at some more statements shall we?
"At no time, when the astronauts were in space were they alone: there was a constant surveillance by UFOs"-Astronaut Scott Carpenter
"It followed us during half of our orbit.-It was an engineered structure"-Cosmonaut Victor Afanasyev (on a UFO sighting in April of 1979)
"The phenomenon of UFOs does exist, and it must be treated seriously." -Mikhail Gorbachev
"I am completely convinced that UFOs have an out-of-world basis." --Dr. Walther Riedel
Shall we go on? the list is quite long.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by NephraTari]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
on the BOLA, the photographer never claimed to have captured an object in the picture he was there and saw nothing. But 40 years later after everyone is dead some guy starts manipulating the photo claining theres a solid object there? I'll go with the primamry witness testimony.

If there was nothing there, why are all the spotlights and artillery fire concentrated into one spot ? Do you have a link to the photographer's statement ?

Are you aware of General Marshall's letter to the President ? He didn't think it was "war nerves".

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
The bottom line is this. What is there to debunk? Nothing! What is there to prove? Nothing! Why? Because if you weren't there to see it, or not see it, for yourself, then your opinions, suggestions, "factoids", and such are meaningless and moot. There's no point in arguing with a skeptic, and there's no point in arguing with a believer. All your accomplishing with that task is arguing. Nothing more.
Simple fact, there is life in the Universe other than our own. How can there not be? Has it visited us? Who knows, maybe it has, maybe it hasn't. Again, unless you are there at the moment, debunk/prove means nothing.
I do know one thing, and I wish everyone else would realize it as well. We don't know half as much as we think we know about anything. And the sooner we realize that, the much better off we'd be as a whole.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
First off I'd like to congratulate the members of this board who are patiently arguing with this Gawdzilla person.

It is a interesting phenomena to watch a person attempt to close his eyes so tightly that blood begins to seep out of the lids.

When cornered on a issue such as the Roswell announcement we can watch his mind go through a mental contortion that is akin to something like this-
"Hey folks, that's not the Pacific ocean that your staring at, but simply a heat mirage cast up over the desert sand making it appear as if it's a ocean right in front of us.!"

Meanwhile a huge wave of water knocks him onto his posterior. He get's up, shakes it off and then begins to head on home mumbling to himself that this is not actually sea water that's got his cloths all wet, but actually body sweat. Yes that must be what it is.

And when questioned later on in the week how he liked being hit by that wave he will return your gaze with a most bewildered expression. "What wave? I simply sweated profusely on that day and a gust of wind must have knocked me over. Now I'm telling you the same thing that I told them. There is no ocean at the end of my street and I don't care how obvious that appears to you. I'm right and your wrong. And don't you dare ask me to consider a middle ground either because I'm feeling rather superior right now."

The fact of the matter is that Hoover's words were rather direct and left little room for second guessing even though we're seeing some people here try.

I feel that one must ask themselves, not whether or not these statements are explosive but what are the motives of those who show up here and try so ardently so plug holes into the leaking dike wall.

It is one thing and rather helpful for someone to provide a link that shows that a source is in fact false. And this is to be viewed as a service in my opinion. But to have some people try as hard as they do to debunk everything with the flimsiest of arguments leaves a lot of speculation to suspicion.

And some of these people here are beginning to make me rather suspicious as a result due to their predictable behavior when damning evidence is staring them right in the face.

In the end I think that there is a positive side to these armchair debunkers though. Which is that with every one of these stubbornly ridiculous explanations that they attempt to employ that they are not helping their cause but actually losing their credibility instead.

To Gawdzilla, I ask you not to take this as a personal affront as I see many other people here attempting to do the same things that you are doing here as well. And as I indicated above there are times when it is actually a service. But there are times when the debunking angle get's taken a bit to far too, just as there are people here who tend to take the "have faith" angle at the other side of the spectrum too far as well.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

The list of people who don't believe in UFOs is longer, if you only the count the people who have some idea what they're talking about. So quote-mining is not support, it's just repeating opinions.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by 3DPrisoner

Funny, but you could say the exact same things about the "true believers". And deflection by reflection is a fail.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

YOU have to assume that there was a disk in the first place.

You do to ask for it, yes, which is what Mr. Hoover did. So J. Edgar Hoover was under the assumption that the army had a disc, apparently.

I think it's funny all the peasant nobodies are squawking around internet forums saying definitely what did or did not happen, when they weren't there, would be lied to about it, etc. I would love the see the look on a skeptic's face when he realizes that none of the relevant people in the military care at all about him or what he thinks, seriously. These people are in the business of killing people they don't know, and keeping secrets from them to better advance their own art of killing people. That's pretty much what they do. The most you can say is you simply don't know what our military and intelligence agencies have acquired or what they have done with it, it's that simple.

What makes the biggest point to me is how defensive some people are towards the idea that ET craft are flying all around us. The idea must genuinely scare them on some level, that they must come up with so many rational defense mechanisms for total ghosts that pose no threat to any of us whatsoever. That's one of the reasons no one in the government would ever tell the general public about these things. The other reason would be an immediate recognition of something much more powerful than our own government being all around us.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3DPrisoner
First off I'd like to congratulate the members of this board who are patiently arguing with this Gawdzilla person.

It is a interesting phenomena to watch a person attempt to close his eyes so tightly that blood begins to seep out of the lids.

Folks, I gotta tell ya, nobody looks good in this discussion. The bunch of you are losing your collective nuts over which 'person I read about' is truthier.

Unless you were there...it's all just second hand (at best) info being filtered through what you want to be true.

Sorry to get harsh on this, but I'm seeing what amounts to character assassination based on smoke, mirrors and wishes. It's all just opinion!!!

Even heard of a pecking party? Somebody's gotta be laughing over this one...

(and La. still means Louisiana)

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

"You do to ask for it, yes, which is what Mr. Hoover did. So J. Edgar Hoover was under the assumption that the army had a disc, apparently."

Hoover wanted to know if there was a disk. There wasn't. The USAF handled his request like they did similar ones. That hurt his feelings, evidently.

It's too bad you don't have any evidence for alien space ships flying around Earth. (Real evidence, that is.)

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Schaden

How long were those lights in that configuration for?

also you just posted evidence that they thought there were planes. Multiple planes probably becuase of dodgy witness statements. How does a giant alien spaceship you think is in the photo resemble a group of planes?

[edit on 13-5-2009 by yeti101]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

"You do to ask for it, yes, which is what Mr. Hoover did. So J. Edgar Hoover was under the assumption that the army had a disc, apparently."

Hoover wanted to know if there was a disk. There wasn't. The USAF handled his request like they did similar ones. That hurt his feelings, evidently.

It's too bad you don't have any evidence for alien space ships flying around Earth. (Real evidence, that is.)

An assumption on your part. This is not a fact. This is your assumption of things. Quit trying to argue a very specific and easily understood quote, with assumptions.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

The Battle of Los Angeles is simply a case of war nerves.

Nice regurgitation of almost 70 year old govt talking points.
Have you seen this analysis ?
brumac.8k.com...

Sorry, but it's just another case of wishful thinking. The Battle of L.A. has been studied and debunk many times over.

The battle of LA remains a mystery and was never "dubunked". Please stop the dis-info.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Hoover wanted to know if there was a disk.

Can you prove that? I'm looking at the original article and the only thing I see about it is this "We must insist upon full access to disks recovered."

Are you going to try to stretch "We must insist upon full access to disks recovered" to "Did you find anything?," or do you actually have a legitimate source clarifying the issue beyond a doubt?

It's too bad you don't have any evidence for alien space ships flying around Earth.

I don't think it would make any difference to you. I don't care either way, the whole reason I am posting here is because of how funny it is to me that you are so defensive and afraid of the idea of ETs, when if they were harmful they would have surely killed us already.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Funny, but you could say the exact same things about the "true believers". And deflection by reflection is a fail.

I could say that you're rebuttals are failing miserably too Gawdzilla but that's not necessary at this point. They speak for themselves.

I think it's more important to watch you and your predictable actions at this point, to note and be educated as to the patterns that others like yourself do repeatedly employ.

It is your motives that are suspect. And I call on all other members to ask themselves this very question when confronted by members who mimic your behavior here.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

More copy-and-paste, I see. Enjoy that, it's a peak.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq

An assumption on your part. This is not a fact. This is your assumption of things. Quit trying to argue a very specific and easily understood quote, with assumptions.

Mystiq...my fellow Canuck...I have not seen evidence to put together those three words 'alien space craft', and apply them to flying around Earth.

If I had, I'd be the first one to say so. But there is no proof that UFOs are off-worldly in origin. It may look like it, and we may be made to think so...but like one poster said "Show me the money!"

Have we ever seen a full analysis of that 'enhanced' LA raid photo? If so, I'd sure like to see it.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

"I don't think it would make any difference to you. I don't care either way, the whole reason I am posting here is because of how funny it is to me that you are so defensive and afraid of the idea of ETs, when if they were harmful they would have surely killed us already."

You have a perfect record so far, failed every time. I'm not afraid of something that doesn't exist.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join