It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

J Edgar Hoover admitted Army recovered downed UFO

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

rofl the redlesham lighthouse incident?

the primary witness was caught trying to rope others into his little charade, also his testimony now does not match what he told police at the time.

Its funny how someone would take a dictaphone and not a camera when going out looking for ufos.

the guy who started this is full of it. I feel sorry for you if you think otherwise

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101

the primary witness was caught trying to rope others into his little charade, also his testimony now does not match what he told police at the time.

Its funny how someone would take a dictaphone and not a camera when going out looking for ufos.

the guy who started this is full of it. I feel sorry for you if you think otherwise

Sorry, but inconvenient problems with "really good stories" aren't allowed. That's a 5 million point penalty and loss of first born for you.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
As incidents go, this one hasn't nearly been explained and is unlikely to be. There are inconsistencies in Halt's Memo etc and who knows how many alternative explanations to UFO activity. Of the alternative explanations, there are problems with them all. All these years later and with related documents already released under FOIA, it's hard to see it ever being resolved. It will likely remain one of the UK's favorite UFO incidents.

People with an open mind should read The Rendlesham Forest UFO Case. If we accept the findings of his investigation, it offers some reasonable possibilities for what occurred. A sequence of unusual, but not unique, events combined to create the legend of Rendlesham Forest. There's no point being loyal to an incident. If enough doubt is raised, put it on the 'maybe' pile and move on to the next one.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
JEH need only to read UFO reports recorded by his own people:

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

The time of the sighting was in 1944, the place was Gut Alt Golssen, approximately 30 miles east of Berlin. The informant, whose name has been deleted, states that while he was a prisoner of war working for the Germans, a flying object arose nearby from behind an enclosure hidden from view by a 50 foot high tarpaulin-type wall. It rose about 500 feet then moved away horizontally. The only noise the object made was a high-pitched whine. The object was described as being 75 to 100 feet in diameter and 14feet high. It was composed of a dark gray stationary top and bottom sections five to six feet high with a rapidly moving center section producing only a blur and extending the circumference of the vehicle. Notably, the engine of their farm tractor stalled during this event and the SS guards told the driver not to attempt a restart until the whine could no longer be heard.

Because of what I believe is their importance, these files have been reproduced here in their entirety.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperNaturalForce

What you are describing is a form of telepathy. I used to have the ability to do this, maybe I still do, but it only took a short time to realize it is not right and should not be done and I never TRIED to use it after a particular incident.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

yes, and there that is. You have debunked one of the most famous incidents in UFO history with what, one short paragraph. Congradulations. Buy the way, you wouldn't have anyting other than your word on that statement would you?

You see, when there is a case with credible witnesses, some folks pay attention. Some folks stick their fingers in their ears and sing "la la la I cant hear you". I look at cases like the JAL flight with supporting radar data, and I think, wow, maybe there is something to that. I mean, why would a pilot say crazy things like there is a giant acorn shaped thing bigger than an aircraft carrier flying right iin front of me ,and then have the ground radar confirm an object. he must be on crack! So there you have it. Anyone who believes in UFOs is on crack. You and Gawdzilla should have a lovely time dancing away into the sunset hand in hand. Enjoy your time here in the UFO forum on a conspiracy site. you should have a great time.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
My Advice about Gawdzilla :

Honestly guys their's 2 things you can do when it comes to this guy...He's obviously doing nothing but baiting everyone, and most of you are falling for it Hook line and Sinker....He's obviously never going to back any of his statements w/ any kind of source or evidence, as he is asking all of you to do...just either hit the good ole "ignore" button..POOF...problem solved...Or just dont respond...People like him need arguments to feel important even if he knows he's wrong...so do everyone a service on this thread including to the OP whos topic is going hugely in the wrong direction and just dont feed the troll..seriously you will see how fast someone as close minded as this will dissappear when not noticed.

Good Day
Skept!cal

p.s. If your reading Gawd id love to see those credentials of being Military Historian...but im assuming you will do what you usually do as ive read alot of your response's in other threads....and you will provide nothing, but thanks for proving me wrong if indeed you do actually come through w/ something

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by skept!cal
People like him need arguments to feel important even if he knows he's wrong...so do everyone a service on this thread including to the OP whos topic is going hugely in the wrong direction and just dont feed the troll..seriously you will see how fast someone as close minded as this will dissappear when not noticed.

He's been a member for 6 weeks and has practically tripled my post count, talk about a low signal to noise ratio. From the first page, he demonstrates a lack of insight, not serious about engaging in a debate, just looking for attention. Look how vociferously he argued LA meant Battle of Los Angeles. Watch the mental gymnastics, even the people in Sri Lanka know ? Hahah what a joker.
I'd wager his "military historian" credentials came from the public library or worse, cable television.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Schaden]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Didn't read all 4 pages, but....

The Army didn't let them have it because they never recovered it. The Battle of Los Angeles is simply a case of war nerves.

Most Ufologists seem to believe the LA in the handwritten notes stood for Louisiana, and that case turned out to be a hoaxter. If I recall, you can find the memo regarding that case in the same section of the FOIA website.

As for the Battle of LA, there were witness accounts of a slow-moving object seemingly immune to the anti aircraft guns. They also shot at SOMETHING for over 40 min... Nerves? Maybe if they only fired for around 5-10 minutes....but 40? Seems a bit much to chalk up to nerves. Of course, was so long ago, we'll never really know the whole story.

Nixon's account is no different than the line taken by other modern presidents....polite denial.

If you really want to read something interesting, look around for Carter, and his connection to the subject....

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

As for the Battle of LA, there were witness accounts of a slow-moving object seemingly immune to the anti aircraft guns. They also shot at SOMETHING for over 40 min... Nerves? Maybe if they only fired for around 5-10 minutes....but 40? Seems a bit much to chalk up to nerves. Of course, was so long ago, we'll never really know the whole story.

I'll have to say I'm not that well versed in the popular UFOology lore
but I have run across this Battle of LA a few times.
I soaked myself into the rather dry, no intoxicating ET suppositions,
commentary of UFO news events given "Man Made UFOs" and might
look up this event.

The ability to dodge metal at high velocity might just be lucky trait
of the so called Tesla Flying Machine.
If the natural forces or forces of nature are holding up the saucer
which the cannon shells do not poses, then there might be a chance
of the saucer avoiding the shells.

The forces of nature would be the electrostatic kind that govern
the forces on the saucer and are the closest to the powers of
nature.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Schaden

"I'd wager his "military historian" credentials came from the public library or worse, cable television. "

Would you bet your life on that? Just wondering. Bluster is lovely to behold.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

p.s. If your reading Gawd id love to see those credentials of being Military Historian...

Never going to happen. I'd be surprised to see a high school diploma. Degrees are too easy to verify, many public records like that being online some place or another. But you probably know this already. Someone summed it up earlier with a comment about not getting out much.. haha..

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

p.s. If your reading Gawd id love to see those credentials of being Military Historian...

Never going to happen. I'd be surprised to see a high school diploma. Degrees are too easy to verify, many public records like that being online some place or another. But you probably know this already. Someone summed it up earlier with a comment about not getting out much.. haha..

I've offered to present my credentials to a staff person, via webcam so there's no question about photoshopping. So that troll is rather weak, even for here.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Gawdzilla

Now who's bluffing? Over webcam, wow. Is that how you present it when you apply for jobs, too? You don't have a degree. Degrees are not personal information. Anyone who has been through college would also have more social maturity than you demonstrate. That's about all that needs to be said, you obviously are never going to produce any credentials, because they don't exist. You're just an obnoxious "mouth" on an internet forum, a dime a dozen. I keep coming back only out of morbid curiosity, because I was once an adolescent too.

Moving along, folks, I'm just moving along...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
reply to post by Gawdzilla

Now who's bluffing? Over webcam, wow. Is that how you present it when you apply for jobs, too? You don't have a degree. Degrees are not personal information. Anyone who has been through college would also have more social maturity than you demonstrate. That's about all that needs to be said, you obviously are never going to produce any credentials, because they don't exist. You're just an obnoxious "mouth" on an internet forum, a dime a dozen. I keep coming back only out of morbid curiosity, because I was once an adolescent too.

Moving along, folks, I'm just moving along...

Troll on, sheep of state! I offered to show a staff person my credentials over a webcam to expedite the matter. You don't get to see them, too much fraud on the internet.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
How much history is available.

Much of the history Lyne seems to have uncovered is still
in never never land far away from popular history.
There is not much that can be done against the Illuminati
anyway so why keep the history secret.

JFK II has the CIA vs. JEH at the end:

Google Video Link

[edit on 5/15/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101

the guy who started this is full of it. I feel sorry for you if you think otherwise.

You're talking about Deputy Charles Halt? This happened at Woodbridge not at Rendlesham. You seriously think a deputy commander of a U.S. Base (perhaps even nuclear) would just send a memo to the British Ministry of Defense about a UFO he and his men witnessed thereby making himself look like an ass?
I'd like to see these contractive reports actually if you don't mind.
And that lighthouse theory was laid to rest on an episode of UFO Hunters.
You also have to wonder about the other incident that happened around the same time at Rendlesham where these ex soldiers came on tape telling about what they had seen.

Back to Halt. You honestly think he'd still be working at that base if he made up such a bull*hit lie? His report was filed 2 weeks later to the British Ministry of Defense. And 2 weeks later he was still working there.

Yes, the best thing to do is call all officers in prominent positions loonies or liars who come out and say they saw UFOs. Great tactic.
We get it though. The skeptics are afraid of the truth. Even a remote possibility that the story may be true.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by On the level

This is an outstanding bit of advice.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

In my perspective on how gravity works, I think that you could create an anti-gravity device with a spinning magnetic field. I believe this has been done. If this is how these saucers fly, then that would explain the electronic interference, and possibly why many metal rounds fired at such a flying object might be prevented from hitting the object because of being redirected by the magnetic field. However, pure lead and stainless steel should get through fine.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

In my perspective on how gravity works, I think that you could create an anti-gravity device with a spinning magnetic field. I believe this has been done. If this is how these saucers fly, then that would explain the electronic interference, and possibly why many metal rounds fired at such a flying object might be prevented from hitting the object because of being redirected by the magnetic field. However, pure lead and stainless steel should get through fine.

Actually I've been following the exact opposite to magnetic field, the
old electric field of static electricity.
The electric field has an influence on light, the magnetic field does
not disrupt light and UFOs have a lot of electrostatic light manipulation
plus sparks which the E field can create.
The alternating E field puts electrons out into air that 'freezes' due
to the fast frequency.
Letterman Show had science kids that levitated a small metal pie
tin which was due to same chargers but the lift off (act of separation)
was due to forces of nature and charges.

ED: I have a youtube channel with a coil that set up a circular E
field. Thats not the mechanism unless you see how the electrons
surround the craft like the pie tin. One surrounded you point in
the direction of travel. Thats the theory so far.

[edit on 5/16/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join