It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

swine flu 'to hit two billion' people

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
hey everyone i came across this thought it would be interesting as its kinda frightening

www.thesun.co.uk...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
yeah, there was already a thread about this started a few days ago.......

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Interesting but not likely. This "swine" flu thing is rather pathetic. The media is just getting everyone worried. Someone told me there is over 30,000 deaths yearly from the flu. If that's true 61 deaths or whatever it is now for the "swine" flu is weak in comparison.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Also interesting is when you look at the number of deaths from the flu vaccine itself.

It don't feel right to me, no way am I getting the jab.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Well...that's it?

Man, I figured mother nature would atleast axe half the population, a third seems a bit un-even.

I am not too worried however, we can't really do anything but wait and see what this develops into.

To tell you the truth it would do the world some good if we had less of us, that's one of our biggest problems at the moment.

Not enough spoons for all the mouths.

~Keeper

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Okay, for a reality check. Just because something hasn't yet infected millions, doesn't mean it isn't likely to do so.

Also, the number of cases reported, both confirmed & death totals are bogus on many fronts.

1. Doctors are being told not to test most people. It's as easy as that!

2. Testing centers can't keep up with the number of samples. They're backlogged!

3. If they die from complications of the flu, many times it's reported solely as pneumonia with no reference to the flu, ie. not counted statistically.

Should we wait until our neighbors, family members, perhaps ourselves become infected to be concerned?

That just sounds silly to me!

reply to post by tothetenthpower

Everything you wrote makes perfect sense. While I'm concerned about this, there's not much we can do to stop the spread at this point. It's going to do what it's going to do. I'm not flipping out, just not denying the potential situation at hand.

Yes, we are in need of a population reduction. I'd rather nature take some of us out, then elitist scum.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by unityemissions]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I hear what you/re saying there. There will be a time when the population will too much for the world to handle. Then what? (Actually, I'm sure that Rockefeller and Co. have a plan for that) Scary thought, but the question must be asked.

How many people is too many?

7 billion?

10 billion?

20 billion?

When do you decide there is a population problem and what do you do to get it under control? Who's control is it anyway?

Space, we gotta go to space. I'll live on the moon, I hear the architecture there looks way cooler than ours.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Someone mentioned up there that there are around 37,000 deaths from flu annually.

and they are correct,

During a typical year in the United States, 30,000 to 50,000 persons die as a result of influenza viral infection. Frequently cited numbers are 20,000 deaths each year, and 37,000 annual deaths. About 5-10% of hospitalizations for influenza lead to fatal outcome in adults.

Link here

I just find it pathetic that the media is hyping this up so much, it really is just fear promoting, yeah i believe there is a hell lot more going on here than what we actually get told.

Enjoy the link, and stop worrying as much.. we'll be fine

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I am not sure if this helps but look at this statstics:

100 people die a year in the U.S. due to tornados

5,000 teens die every year in car wrecks.

Death is a part of life and it happens due to all sorts of factors. This is now just another factor and a rather low probablity of dying from it so far. I doubt 2 billion people will get this flu if that were the case well that would blow away any death statistics of anything because the death rate could be in the millions.

I have stayed away from this site just for a few days so I could think more rationally and less panicky. I think that on here people are highly intelligent with very active brians and imaganations. That causes us to be overanalytical and more skepitical than the average person. I know I keep looking at this from every angle because I do not want to miss anything. I think I am missing one thing though.. average common sense. Sometimes I feel jealous of those who can just trust what they hear; they are the ones who are calm now.

Any thoughts?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
hmm thats true but you see im pretty sure it will mutate and come back at around summer like the spanish flu

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I don't believe it for one second. What they really mean is "Donald Rumsfeld, major shareholder of Gilead Sciences, makers of Tamiflu, wants to sell 6 billion doses of Tamiflu that don't work. Not only do they not work, they're engineered to set you up for the killer flu to follow a little later."

They try to vaccinate me or my family and I'll vaccinate them with a 9 mil.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Albertarocks]

new topics

top topics

join