It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miss California USA thanks God for helping her be true to her faith

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Miss California USA thanks God for helping her be true to her faith

www.kxmb.com

NEW YORK (AP) Miss California USA Carrie Prejean (pray-ZHAHN') says she thanks God for giving her the strength to stand by her beliefs.

Prejean appeared at a news conference in New York yesterday with Donald Trump, the owner of the Miss USA pageant, who announced that she will retain her crown.

Trump said Prejean shouldn't be disqualified over racy teen photos of her that have appeared on the Internet. He also defended the answer she gave at last month's Miss USA pageant when asked for her views on same-sex marriage. Prejean said she believes marriage should be between a man and a wom
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Here you have it folks. The Divine Justice turned the wheels; God has spoken through Donald Trump while that pretender Pope has been wasting his time somewhere in Israel.

God noted that the same answer regarding the gay marriages given by presidential hopeful Barack Obama didn't disqualified him to become the President, so there is no need for double standard.

Note that the last name of the wonderful child of His, Preajean is pronounced pray-ZHAHN with the accent on the second syllable. What a humble name! It is, of course, the first syllable "pray" which gives us so much insight into how to fix things around the old-fashioned gay, I mean way. Sorry. I'm so excited to see justice done.

That God . . . he sneaks in and out incognito, hiding behind the mask made by wax-soaked atheism.

www.kxmb.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
To me, her eligibility tohold that crown should have never came to surface.
She won, she was real, she gave an honest answer to a set up question, and she remained strong. THAT IS MY MISS AMERICA.
(eventhough i kinda wanted Kentucky to win =(.
She was SooooFine.

Congrats Miss California.
**** The Haters.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
She won, she was real, she gave an honest answer to a set up question, and she remained strong. THAT IS MY MISS AMERICA.
She was SooooFine.

**** The Haters.

well said

Where are all the "pro choice" abortionists over "choice" in respect of the question she was asked

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
it is my understanding that many in the gay community did not support the comment

all you have to do is take a look at that beauty, and compare it to mr skinny wimpy gay guy- a kid could make a snap desicion on who is
more credible

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Good question.
Double standard I guess.
Do I have a choice to abort a fetus? Sure.
Do I have a choice to say what I think? HELL NO.

Sometimes I dont think that some of these people actually think of the hypocracy in a lot of things that they spew, but then again, a lot of them are just following the crowd.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I do think the whole 'institution' of pagaentry is quite vile. Does her opinion on anything at all matter, simply because she is 'beautiful'?

I'm not even a dumpy, ugly chick, either. I'm part of the target audience for such events.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
"Does her opinion on anything at all matter, simply because she is 'beautiful'?"

yes, from a social/psychological point of view it does.

people tend to ascribe intelligence and othe positive traits to the tall and comely

may not be correct- but it is a social dynamic.

and too it may be correct...the facts are she has lots of supporters, is on tv, and probably has it easier than 99.9 percent of humanity
If there is a god- a good arguemtn for one of those "blessed". lol

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
That's good for her, but I've believed since a kid one of the hallmarks of "getting old" is stubborness and extreme adherence to ideas without any flexibility. I think this may be why God invented death, lol, can't learn in you can't change.

It's too bad because I think many Christians don't understand what Jesus really was getting at. So many Christians are reliant on their Church for what to believe and feel, but its almost like Christianity gets dumbed down that way, and I feel she might fall prey to that. The docterines that get taught and the attitudes of a lot of Christians are based on their church, and hardly even what Jesus said in the New Testament. It's almost like Church > New Testament.

But I thank God for showing me out of the mess that is orthodox Christianity

Originally posted by ScreamtheDance
it is my understanding that many in the gay community did not support the comment

all you have to do is take a look at that beauty, and compare it to mr skinny wimpy gay guy- a kid could make a snap desicion on who is
more credible

Mr. skinny wimpy gay guy.....what are you like 12? I shouldn't discriminate but I swear the quality of some newer members has me questioning

[edit on 13-5-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

exactly as you said.

maybe in future, they are going to give a test to all candidates. and if the opinions of the candidates are not fully welcome than just disqualified them before? they should make a standards for candidates: one of them could be that she(or exhe) has to be a supporter of homosexuality. perfect world to be...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by czacza1

I hope they dont do that. In my book, if you dont like my answer, [SNIP], Idont care, its my opinion and Im entitled to it. She did the right thing by staying true to her beliefs.
I think they should just keep the whole gay issue out of the pagent from now on. Theissue itself is being used as a weapon, and the American people are getting sick and tired of it.

Removed profanity

[edit on 13/5/09 by masqua]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
She was SooooFine.

**** The Haters.

Except the whole fact that she was in breach of contract.

Lied about it.

Lied about it again.

She gave an honest bigoted answer which shows her true character.

She remained defiant but came off looking like a complete fake and a fraud using religion as her anchor.

Because yes as a Catholic I think God helps those who pose topless.

No woman with fake boobs should win a pageant. How fake can you get. Especially since it was paid for by the organizers.

I could give a rats, but honestly if the religious right and bigots around the world want a pageant queen to be their spokesperson than that speaks volumes.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Well the miss goody, goody is getting the news, but hey, gay marriage is wrong but miss goody, goody, exhibitionism is OK, after prostituting herself in the INTERNET was just a bad teen decision.

She is full of crap.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by AllexxisF1

Ok, we can see which side you are on, and your hatred for this woman just makes you look like a complete ahole.

You think that because she doesnt believe in gay marriage, that she should be subject to this kind of abuse?
Fact remains, that before the whole "breats implant" crap(which is the lamest attempt to smear her btw) that you were all still dawging on her because of her opinion.

Most of you believe that whatever you think is right for this world should be the way it is, no exceptions. Its your way or the highway. You know what I say to that? [SNIP] and the train that brought you.

Im glad she stood up to that punk and told him what was up. She didnt bow down to their crap, and she gets more of my respect then any of you haters ever will.

Leave the woman alone.

edit... You think this would have been an issue lets say 10 years ago?
NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPEEEEEEE.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by Common Good]

Removed censor circumvention

[edit on 13/5/09 by masqua]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllexxisF1
I could give a rats, but honestly if the religious right and bigots around the world want a pageant queen to be their spokesperson than that speaks volumes.

Specially one that had not problem getting naked for the INTERNET masses, I guess now the followers know her in and out.

She has nothing to hide, "literally"

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
That goes to show you...

God ONLY helps the already rich and beautiful..

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
oh and btw...if any of you have those pics, Id love to see em. hahahahah
GO MISS AMERICA!!!!! WOOHOO!!
If it was up to me..all of the women would have to get butt ass naked in order to see the full sillouette. =)
Id be like

And all the haters will be like

And Iwill be like

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Actually the pictures where shown on the prime news, occurs the "sensitive and offensive" areas where black out.
so you just missed them on prime news.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

well damn Marg.
Now I am offended.
I feel cheated.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Don't worry I am sure that they are still circulating on the net, you know how things are, people get obsessed by things like this and they just can not get enough.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join