It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Sweden rules 'gender-based' abortion legal

page: 1
5
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Sweden rules 'gender-based' abortion legal


www.thelocal.se

Swedish health authorities have ruled that gender-based abortion is not illegal according to current law and can not therefore be stopped.
(visit the link for the full news article)




posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
In this particular story the individual in question having two daughters already has had two abortions after discovering the gender of the children she was carrying.

It's not that she didn't want a child, she didn't want a child of this particular gender.

There is already a statistical gender imbalance between female/male abortions, particularly among Asian communities, and now a "civilised" country acknowledges this "right".

Abortion is not a feminist issue, or more properly it is one but not in the manner in which it is presented to us. More female children are aborted than male and abortion is used frequently as a "get out of paternity free" card by irresponsible men.

Barbarism.

www.thelocal.se
(visit the link for the full news article)



posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Stuff like this really makes me think why people look at America as if we are somehow as bad as countries that do things like this to their own people.
This is sick.
Abortion is one thing to converse about...but abortion because you dont like the fact that they are a certain gender is off the scale.
Im appalled at the insecurity of some of these nations.



posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Supercertari


In this particular story the individual in question having two daughters already has had two abortions after discovering the gender of the children she was carrying.

It's not that she didn't want a child, she didn't want a child of this particular gender.

There is already a statistical gender imbalance between female/male abortions, particularly among Asian communities, and now a "civilised" country acknowledges this "right".

Abortion is not a feminist issue, or more properly it is one but not in the manner in which it is presented to us. More female children are aborted than male and abortion is used frequently as a "get out of paternity free" card by irresponsible men.

Barbarism.

www.thelocal.se
(visit the link for the full news article)


In the UK we abort 200,000 babies a year, and that isn't due to some sort of anti girl agenda, that is mainly non asians getting rid of babies as it doesn't suit their life, and the MEN do not have a say in it- that is barbarism as well friend



posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good

Stuff like this really makes me think why people look at America as if we are somehow as bad as countries that do things like this to their own people.
This is sick.
Abortion is one thing to converse about...but abortion because you dont like the fact that they are a certain gender is off the scale.
Im appalled at the insecurity of some of these nations.


I really fail to see how one form of abortion is any worse than the other- it is either barbaric or it isnt



posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Although i am Pro-choice, it sickens me that people would abort there baby's on terms of gender. Sadly, some culture's indirectly feed the need to have a boy rather then a girl (Chinese culture)

Aborting a child on terms of the Mother not being ready to become a mother is an entirely different matter.



posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
Although i am Pro-choice, it sickens me that people would abort there baby's on terms of gender. Sadly, some culture's indirectly feed the need to have a boy rather then a girl (Chinese culture)

Aborting a child on terms of the Mother not being ready to become a mother is an entirely different matter.



They are both the same, it is either barbaric or it isn't- selfishness or gender choice, either way, its an abortion.

Some moral acrobats on here.......



posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Supercertari
 

It all make sense to me in this crazy world. Don't worry about this, though. Eventually people will be able to choose the gender of their children. And their hair color, their eye color, maybe their body type. It's all okay. Mmmmmmmmkay? Tongue in cheek for this response.

Seriously, I give up. Humans will do what they will do. I will just live my life as it seems to me to be the right way. I will continue to express my opinons to my daughters and their children. But I won't pass judgement on them. Gawd will do that. Or as in my personal belief, I wlll pass judgement on myself, and so will everyone else upon themselves.



posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder
 


You are right, it is barbaric. I never said it wasnt barbaric?
I think that abortions should only be used in situations such as rape.
I do not believe(my personal view) that people should have the power to destroy life when they are the ones whom breed it.
To top it off, being able to abort someone because of their gender is wrong in every way, this aint Sparta, and this aint freakin Burger King, they shouldnt be able to have it their way.
If she spreads her legs and gets pregnant, well so be it, she knew before hand that it would get her knocked up, so she should take some responsibility for that.
Hope that clears it up for you.

Edit- This would NEVER be allowed in America.
"miss America, what do you think about aborting children along the lines of Gender"
"Well I think its ok as long as the baby is cute when it comes out"
::bang:: there she lies.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by Common Good]



posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
reply to post by blueorder
 


You are right, it is barbaric. I never said it wasnt barbaric?
I think that abortions should only be used in situations such as rape.
I do not believe(my personal view) that people should have the power to destroy life when they are the ones whom breed it.
To top it off, being able to abort someone because of their gender is wrong in every way, this aint Sparta, and this aint freakin Burger King, they shouldnt be able to have it their way.
If she spreads her legs and gets pregnant, well so be it, she knew before hand that it would get her knocked up, so she should take some responsibility for that.
Hope that clears it up for you.

Edit- This would NEVER be allowed in America.
"miss America, what do you think about aborting children along the lines of Gender"
"Well I think its ok as long as the baby is cute when it comes out"
::bang:: there she lies.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by Common Good]



fair enough, thanks for giving your opinion



TBH though I don't think saying it would NEVER be allowed in AMerica is any defence for American abortion stats (and believe me, Im not some anti american, America is generally a shining light for the world)

Generally abortion is barbaric (possible grey areas like you say for rape, although I accept someone could come back at me and say "I thought you said all abortions are barbaric)- I just find it baffling how people who normally defend the right to abortion (fair enough not you) suddenly get on their prissy high horse over one particular motive or thought process for abortion (ie, the "thought" is bad not the act)

[edit on 13-5-2009 by blueorder]



posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
Although i am Pro-choice, it sickens me that people would abort there baby's on terms of gender. Sadly, some culture's indirectly feed the need to have a boy rather then a girl (Chinese culture)

Aborting a child on terms of the Mother not being ready to become a mother is an entirely different matter.



They are both the same, it is either barbaric or it isn't- selfishness or gender choice, either way, its an abortion.

Some moral acrobats on here.......


It isnt barbaric. Its choice.
If you would rather see 13 year old kids, mothering children, thats your prerogative and i wont object to your beliefs. However, If the mother isnt ready to become a mother then abortion should be an option simply because mothers who dont want to look after kids, give up there careers and a considerable amount of freedom & time & energy MAKE.BAD.MOTHERS.
They are the kind of parents that dont care that there kids are out on the street till 1am at night, doing crimes and drugs. They dont care that there not doing well in school. They dont bring them up healthy. I understand that maybe a broad statement but where i live it stands true. Parents dont give a damn about there kids, the kids start not giving a damn about anything.

Education is the best place to start if you want to really stop abortions. Look at the media, everything is Sexed up and it DOES pressure younger people to be more "daring" about not using contraceptive "just the once" If society would change its views and re-enforce the notion that kids shouldn’t be having kids and that women in particular should be more responsible for there body's you would see a big change.
Education for boy's to wouldn’t go un-noticed. Showing them exactly why they dont want a kid and the best way to avoid it is to not be lazy and put a fricking glove on.
Instead it teen pregnancy has been glamorized.

I'm pro-choice, but i think Education counts a hell of alot.



posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder
 


Oh dont get me wrong, I dont believe it is a defense neither, Im just saying that the people here would never go for it is all.
I am just baffled at the way abortion isbeing handled now a days, its turning into an over the counter purchase to get rid of that pesky headache. People are relying to much on abortion and not enough on precautions in my opinion.
I think that the ruling of is being NOT ILLEGAL is what scares me the most.
I think if people on this planet want to become better than what they see the world as, they have to start with making themselves better.
People should be setting an example for future generations, and I believe setting them up to think that taking a life just because of their gender is just one more step on the wrong path. I think if people started taking more responsibility for their own actions, maybe, just maybe we might have a chance in making this world a better place, but I guess thats just not an option anymore to some people.

edit-grammar

[edit on 13-5-2009 by Common Good]



posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I am against people using abortion as a contraceptive though



posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Ya I think that is the stepping to 'selective engineering' we learn about in biology, where the undesirable genes can be deleted and you can... customise a baby using genetics. Kinda cool but creepy at the same time. I still think it would be more of a shame though for her to have a girl and resent her all life because of it...

And I agree the teen pregnancy is glamourise I have a few close friends younger than me with kids... so wrong.



posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
It isnt barbaric. Its choice.



that is what I'm gettin at, if people do not think abortion is barbaric, then the act of abortion (in the case of this report) is not barbaric, but the "thought process" is- clearly that is illogical and debased


If you would rather see 13 year old kids, mothering children, thats your prerogative and i wont object to your beliefs.


I'd rather under age sex didn't happen on such rampant levels (though you will never fully be able to stop the underage having sex)- and Im pretty sure most abortions are by adults



However, If the mother isnt ready to become a mother then abortion should be an option simply because mothers who dont want to look after kids, give up there careers and a considerable amount of freedom & time & energy MAKE.BAD.MOTHERS.



like I said selfishness- just one thought process involved in abortion



They are the kind of parents that dont care that there kids are out on the street till 1am at night, doing crimes and drugs.


Horibble situation, made worse by the attack on the family, the increase in welfare state and the "liberalisation" of the ruling classes since the 60s (and arguably before). Still not a reason for abortion




They dont care that there not doing well in school. They dont bring them up healthy. I understand that maybe a broad statement but where i live it stands true. Parents dont give a damn about there kids, the kids start not giving a damn about anything.


In a roundabout way I view things are you- those things, situations you see are terrible, and I believe that the proliferation of such cases is encouraged by the human wellspring that legitimises abortion



Education is the best place to start if you want to really stop abortions. Look at the media, everything is Sexed up and it DOES pressure younger people to be more "daring" about not using contraceptive "just the once" If society would change its views and re-enforce the notion that kids shouldn’t be having kids and that women in particular should be more responsible for there body's you would see a big change.
Education for boy's to wouldn’t go un-noticed. Showing them exactly why they dont want a kid and the best way to avoid it is to not be lazy and put a fricking glove on.
Instead it teen pregnancy has been glamorized.
I'm pro-choice, but i think Education counts a hell of alot.



Would broadly agree with a lot of that.

There is a rather unpalatable truth though, with the liberalisation of society, and the denegration of "traditional" family strucuture- all the ills you describe above will continue to happen on large scales, regardless of all the education you throw at it



posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good
 



as bad as countries that do things like this to their own people.


do you love jesus?

because sweden is a rock solid nation. they are not doing anything to their own people.
they effectively created a law... to allow gender based abortion.

the issue is the sex of an unborn child can't be determined till 18 weeks from conception. so it is a late abortion. its not like they are dragging people in and carving up the foetus like roast beef.



posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by spearhead
 


So you think what they are doing is legit. Ok.
thats your opinion, and you are entitled to it.
They didnt create a law, they just ruled that it is NOT ILLEGAL.
You dont make laws for things that are not illegal.
If they did it would go like this...
Law #1 chewing gum is not illegal.
Law#2 chewing gum and talking at the same time is not illegal.
Law #3 Chewing gum, talking and jumping is not illegal.
ect...


Edit- Jesus is everywhere, Jesus is an Ideology, Jesus Loves everything and everyone.
so do I love Jesus?
If Jesus represents love for all things, then Yes, I love Jesus.


[edit on 13-5-2009 by Common Good]



posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Blueorder - I obviously cant convince you to be pro-choice so i'ma agree to dissagree here



posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I'm pro choice...but this is WAY too far. Next time some one asks me what is wrong with the Swedish system I will point them in this direction. Absolutely wrong, wrong, wrong. This isn't pro-choice, this is straight up eugenics.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by projectvxn]



posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
Blueorder - I obviously cant convince you to be pro-choice so i'ma agree to dissagree here





I'm pro choice, albeit with a different interpretation of "pro choice"



new topics

top topics



 
5
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join