It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Propaganda Storm Hits UK Government.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2003 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Little did Colin Powell realise that when he praised a UK dossier at the UN he was praising nothing but propaganda.The dossier was plagerised from a magazine.The original article stated that any intelligence imformation was 12 years old,the Uk Gov neglected to plagerise that part though.The Released Government document has also been accused of changing a few words to make Iraq look more sinister if this wasn't bad enough Downing street is still standing by the Dossier and claiming it as a MI6 product.But for how long after the press start ridiculing them?

www.channel4.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2003 @ 09:41 AM
link   
This was one of the most embaressing things I've ever witnessed, you should have seen them squirming on question time.

I have to say, Blair came accross pretty well in his live interview, If nothing else he convinced me that he really believes in this war.
Unfortunately, he completely failed to convince me or the audience that he was right, and the way he got nailed over the statement that the UN inspectors were thrown out of Iraq and basically had to admit it was a complete lie, well that was just embarressing.

posted on Feb, 7 2003 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I couldnt agree more, this is beginning to become almost humorous, except for the fact that innocent people will probably die. I saw on BBC world today they actually brought this up on a small report they had on it and had some 'expert' on there discussing whether or not it was plagorism. anyhow, here's another link

www.channel4.com...
here's link that the story supports that it is original, etc etc

news.bbc.co.uk...

[Edited on 7-2-2003 by Grommer]

posted on Feb, 7 2003 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Downing Street today said it made a mistake in failing to acknowledge that a large section of a dossier on Saddam Hussein was copied from a Californian postgraduate student's outdated thesis.

The dossier was designed to help win over sceptics by outlining Iraq's alleged efforts to hide its weapons of mass destruction.

www.channel4.com...

I missed Question Time but I did see the Paxman interview.On the whole I found it disapointing.I think it would have been better if the audience either didn't ask questions or if Paxo pressed the PM more on the audiences questions.The highlight for me was seeing the look on Blairs face when Paxo asked him if he and Bush prayed together.That alone made the programme unmissable.

I will give Blair his due unlike Bush he is willing to be questioned intensely and by the best political interviewer since Robin Day.Infact I might just put Paxo a fraction above Day.

posted on Feb, 8 2003 @ 06:50 AM
link   
LONDON, Feb. 7 � The British government admitted today that large sections of its most recent report on Iraq, praised by Secretary of State Colin L. Powell as "a fine paper" in his speech to the United Nations on Wednesday, had been lifted from magazines and academic journals. But while acknowledging that the 19-page report was indeed a "pull-together of a variety of sources," a spokesman for Prime Minister Tony Blair defended it as "solid" and "accurate."

Link - www.nytimes.com...

I'm left wondering if Saddam's chief bodyguard has been taken into protective custody by Israel, why wasn�t his information included in Powell�s dossier report?

I must agree that this makes the U.S. and U.K. look amateurish in their efforts to build a solid case against Saddam Hussein�s WMD programs.

top topics

join