It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U2U "alert" colour is a downer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
still, the colour hurts my eyes "emotionally".

Im sorry what?!

The alert system serves its purpose most efficiently . I see no reason to fix something thats not broken .

Its effective, attention getting and brilliantly noticeable .

Why do i feel like as you wrote this thread you were inhaling Ice cream and Tim Tams ?

[edit on 13/5/2009 by Omega85]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I don't think you should let colors hurt you emotionally, I mean, that should be reserved for things like Jessica Simpson breaking up with John Mayer and things like that. Those breakups really cut me to the bone.

Peace

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Oh man and remember way back when Britney and Justin broke up? I locked myself in the bathroom and cried for a week!

Kidding of course.

Seriously though, I like it the color it is now. Sort of a dark reddish brownish color. It is very noticable so as soon as I get a u2u I notice right away.

Then again I look forward to getting emails. I have not got any hate mail yet for becomming a mod, but it has only been a day. I am sure people are just making them extra long!
I kid of course.

Peace and love

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaxium

Hah, maybe I should've added a small disclaimer .. I don't think it should be changed, red is certainly a good default color (attention-wise). I was merely expressing my impressions ;]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
Who cares!

And that was nerbot with the big picture.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I would like to say that everything looks great to me .

But then again i dont whinge over petty little things so it would depend on who ya ask

GST i remember that , But your orite now arent ya princess ?

Baby steps man lol

Om

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

I have a dandy solution for you that doesn't involve the rest of us having to change anything.

Change the color setting on the face of your monitor, and count the number of clicks you give it, so you can put it back quickly. I think with a little experimenting, you can alter the color of the U2U alert to a swarthy Southwestern rust color, and not markedly change the appearance of everything else.

Think of it as "triangle craft umber".

cheers

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
How about a "You got mail" alert, like AOL.....LOL.......

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
No matter what color you make it, someone's not going to like it. You can't please everyone so why bother? Leave it alone and save yourselves the trouble.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
i love the way people take every oppurtunity to smear another person, like a windblown $10 note.
they'll chase it down the road just to tell me i'm petty or whining or in other terms "simple".

i think the colour is dookey.... its not red its like the colour of the blood that comes out of your liver and the only reason it gets my attention is i feel like i need to stab somebody in the face when i see it.

it was a suggestion.

thanks to all those that felt the need to belittle me for making it.

and too all those who gave an honest, uninfluenced opinion, were's your hate?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
and too all those who gave an honest, uninfluenced opinion, were's your hate?

Well, mines reserved for my ex-housemate who went off owing me a shed-load of money and is now trying to weasel out of paying me

Chin up, your thread gave me the chance to speak up about something that I'd like to see adjusted - not whining, just suggesting too

And Ian's contribution was hilarious - gave me the best laugh of the day.

There's always a positive to outweigh the negative

[edit on 14-5-2009 by berenike]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
How about a "You got mail" alert, like AOL.....LOL.......

[Start Sarcasm] I wonder how long it would take AOL to file suit? [End Sarcasm]

Maybe we could use "You have mail" and find a good ninja voice to say it!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
ughhhh, is that even red? It looks more like a rusty brown poo shade on my screen. Not a fan of this color at all but I didn't really give it much thought until someone else brought it up......so can't be that big a deal. I'm not emotionally disturbed by it, I just think it's unattractive......lol. The yellow is nice though. How about a nice teal background. That would look *spunky* with the yellow lettering

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
yes, an unattractive colour it is.

because the toolbar is already an off blue green dull colour the attention getting "alert" statement can't excuse the shod red/brown colour.

any bright colour would catch my attention.
like lightning blue.

[edit on 15/5/09 by spearhead]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

I think the red color is fine, it grabs your attention pretty quickly. And think of it this way:

If a small detail like the color of the U2U button is a concern for you, then you can't have many problems with ATS, can you? And that must mean that ATS actually is a pretty great place to be!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

agreed....
that's why i'm on just about everynight.

but still 'freedom of speech'... the colour is poo. jail bait poo.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join