It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U2U "alert" colour is a downer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
when i log onto ATS each day, it totally gets we down when i see the off redish colour of the USU alert.

i see it and think jeepz who have i offended last nite? or which of my posts has been trashed?

so can we change the colour to wicked blue or something, it just might be a more "positive" attention getter for recieveing U2U's....maybe

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
well if that is your first thought you really need to change the way your talking to people.

I enjoy getting U2Us! All my buddies talk to me, Applauses' and comments for good threads.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

yes, perhaps.

still, the colour hurts my eyes "emotionally".

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I like the colour, but sometimes I'm disappointed to find I haven't got a u2U from a friend but some information from admin.

Not trying to offend, I like to get news too - but u2u's from friends are special.

Would it be possible to have a different colour for admin u2us? Perhaps a nice deep blue?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by berenike

Perhaps staff U2Us could be a delicate salmon-like pink. You know, the color of spam.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
As someone who doesn't U2U actively at all, I agree with spearhead!

To me, a red color is simply associated to something marked wrong.. It needs attention right away to be fixed. I can't get that out of my head, although if I'd be a bit more active with U2U's it would probably wear out in a week.. Oh well :]

Maybe it could be made custom ;] I would choose green!

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Who cares!

The fact that I can easily see I have a U2U when I log on or recieve a new one is what matters to me.

If you don't like it you could always wear sunglasses.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I love the colour.... RED ALERT....RED ALERT....you have a message....

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
well if that is your first thought you really need to change the way your talking to people.

I enjoy getting U2Us! All my buddies talk to me, Applauses' and comments for good threads.

Agreed, I actually like the maroon color of it.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
While we're at it..

The font on the search button should be larger. I feel I should've searched whether someone made this suggestion before, but I couldn't find the search button, so there you have it.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by scraze]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Aw, I like the red. If it was any other color, I probably wouldn't notice it. The red and yellow catches my eye while browsing.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I don't mind the color, but what happens when you accidentally delete one before you could read it!

Can we have a trash box?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Yeah the red is totally the correct colour. I mean one, the rest of the toolbar is blue and green, you need something to draw your attention.

Besides, when changes are made to the boards from mods or the staff then the members need to be notified, perhaps the red is a way of imposing a sense of urgency

~Keeper

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean

Perhaps staff U2Us could be a delicate salmon-like pink. You know, the color of spam.

heh heh

Make admin u2u red, make p2p u2u yellow, and have it alternating flashing if you have both.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

So cruel...

...and yet...........so funny

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by scraze
To me, a red color is simply associated to something marked wrong.. It needs attention right away to be fixed. I can't get that out of my head,

I think that may be the point of why ATS chose red because it does get your attention. Mass U2U's usually have relavence alerting us to new rules or changes which would be helpful and / or necessary for active ATS'ers to know.

Or then again is this along the lines of your thinking?
Marking in red pen 'can damage students'

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I don't think you should let colors hurt you emotionally, I mean, that should be reserved for things like Jessica Simpson breaking up with John Mayer and things like that. Those breakups really cut me to the bone.

Peace

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

And a little smiling Skull & Bones flashing next to it... Hmmm...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I wish that the U2U button was accessible from the very front page of ATS. I hate it when I come here, open up a bunch of threads from the front page in a new tab, and then every one of those pages has the U2U button glaring at me up top.

When I come to ATS and look at the front page, I'd like it if the first piece of information I got was that somebody was trying to reach me.

I've never understood why the navigation bar is different depending on which page you are on. That violates one of the first rules of good web design: seamless navigation.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

I am not a big fan of pop-up windows. But as far as U2U messaging goes, I think it would be a great idea.

It would be nice to keep the messaging and page navigating functions separate. .

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join