It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops murder family pets, will yours be next?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
If I were to shoot a police dog I'd be charged with a felony, yet the police are constantly entering the wrong property and murdering Joe the tax payers loyal companion, and furry family member, with little or no consequence.
Welcome to the police of the NWO.

I have two uncles that retired from the police force in CA, both patrolled very dangerous areas. They'd both been growled at, snapped at and even charged by the animal in some cases, but in all their years of service neither ever felt the need to shoot a family dog. They both said that when they were on the force they were trained to assess the situation, and think before shooting. They said "most dogs are scared of strangers, they bark and growl to protect their pack and their territory and in most cases unless they feared I was a direct threat to their master (handcuffing) they wouldn't bite. Most owners when asked are more than happy to remove their dogs, or step out of their yards for an arrest if it will keep their animals from being a victim of animal control. Again It's about remaining calm and assessing the situation."

That's a far cry from the shoot first ask questions later mentality that the police have have been taught for the past ten years.

Don't think this can't happen to you? The links I've posted are all from innocent people who had dogs murdered by the new, trigger happy, nwo, cowboy cops. Except the puppy who was chased into a burning building, his owner had traffic violations.

Is this the kind of person you want pulling over your teenager coming home after dark?

Maricopa County, Arizona, In 2004 SWAT teams conducted a bumbling raid in a Phoenix suburb. Among other weapons, it used tear gas and an armored personnel carrier that later rolled down the street and smashed into a car. The operation ended with the targeted home in flames and exactly one suspect in custody--for outstanding traffic violations.

But for all that, the image that sticks in your head, as described by John Dougherty in the alternative weekly Phoenix New Times, is that of a puppy trying to escape the fire and a SWAT officer chasing him back into the burning building with puffs from a fire extinguisher. The dog burned to death.

Rocky the Lab shot in the back of the head

mistakenly pulled them over as robbery suspects, then shot and killed their dog as it bounded from the car wagging it's tail.

[url=http://donttasemeblog.com/2008/12/undercover-narcs-case-wrong-ho.html/]Undercover narcotics case wrong house, shoot family dog.

police shoot an 11 year old German Shepherd Lab mix 9 times while attempting to serve a warrant to a man that didn't live at the home.
www.wthr.com...

Another guns-blazing’, no-knock raid, in which the officers shot the couple’s two black labs, even as one of the pups tried to run away. The cops then handcuffed the couple and interrogated them for hours while the dogs bled to death on the floor.www.boingboing.net...

Deputies arrived to serve legal papers to a resident who no longer lived at that address. Dog is old and blind in one eye?
www.nbcwashington.com...

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
How about these ones for another example:

Police shoot, kill two dogs during raid
Family says animals did not pose a threat
www.buffalonews.com...

and

In 1989, a TRU team raided a house in Windsor, Ont. They killed a dog, and were then confronted by the occupant, who was also shot & killed. It turned out the police had the wrong address.
www.warriorpublications.com.../40

October 25- Canada's London Free Press reports: London police shot and killed a family dog after a botched drug raid on the wrong apartment Wednesday.

Police Chief Brian Collins has launched a full investigation to determine how the mistake was made.

"He's my lifeline," Marcie Carroll said of her six-year-old dog, Bear.

Six officers, some in riot gear, knocked down the door of Carroll's apartment on Oxford Street, east of Highbury Avenue, Wednesday afternoon.

Police told her there was an informant in her apartment. But sources say the informant told police several times the person they were seeking didn't live in the building.

Carroll spent most of yesterday looking for a clinic to cremate the dog she raised since he was a puppy.

"They screwed up large," she said of the police raid, adding police never apologized for their mistake. "They never found anything and they destroyed my apartment."
www.alternet.org...:_shoot_first,_ask_questions_later/

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I can't seem to find a way to link it, but the Washington Post Sunday Magazine did a cover story about a couple in Berwyn Heights, MD last year.

HE was the MAYOR of Berwyn Heights. The Mayor's Mother-in-Law was staying with them, and they had two dogs.

A SWAT team broke in, before the young couple had returned home from work, shot the first dog in the head, and the other dog was RUNNING AWAY! and shot in the back.

They terrorized the Mother-in-Law, made her lay face down on the kitchen floor.

Seems there was a UPS delivery driver who was running drugs, using unsuspecting addresses as drop points. He'd leave a package on the porch, at the wrong address, come back and retrieve it next day. M-in-L thought she'd be helpful, since she got home first, and brought it in the house.

Everybody was in CYA mode, no one apologized, just pointed fingers. SWAT actually had no jursidiction without first contacting the local Sheriff, which they never did.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
This has happened in Georgia a few times recently that I recall.

A dog is just doing his poor ol' job when he barks at someone that comes up.
It is so sad, really.
It's always dogs I see in rescue videos of earthquake and bomb sites, but they get no respect at all.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
When i worked as a federal security officer i overheard the local town cops talking about how the poisoned dogs in the neighbors where they had drug and criminal living.

They really hated pit-bulls and rottweilers that people had to protect there property from the druggys and criminals.
The officers keep getting caught by these dogs while chasing criminals.
the criminal would wake up the dog when they went through the yards and th dog would then get the cops that were following the criminals.

They also talked about how the department animal control officers use to feed dogs that belonged to people that they believed to be lowlifes ground glass when they were being held at the doggy jail.

So if you live in a rough neighborhood and there is a lot of dogs being poisoned it many be the cops doing it.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by suzque66

Thanks for the additional links, it seems to be happening everywhere.

Weedwhacker:
I love your avatar! Did you ever hear what happened with that case?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

What about all the dogs that worked tirelessly on 911. They scorched their poor little paws yet kept searching for survivors. The NWO has no respect for anyone or anything.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   

When i worked as a federal security officer i overheard the local town cops talking about how the poisoned dogs in the neighbors where they had drug and criminal living.
reply to post by ANNED

Thanks for the inside info. It doesn't surprise me at all but the word needs to get out. We've trained our dogs never to eat anything in the yard or anything not given to them by us for this very reason.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
WACO (April 27, 2009)-- FBI agent Lovett Leslie Ledger, Jr., 40, of Lorena, pleaded no contest Monday in 54th District Court in Waco to animal cruelty charges in the shooting death of a 3- to-4 pound Chihuahua in February 2008.

The offense is a state jail felony, but prosecutors are recommending two years probation.

Ledger is seeking deferred adjudication probation, which means if he successfully completes the term of probation, the conviction will be expunged from his record.

Sentencing is set for June 23.

Ledger was indicted in July 2008 in the death of the dog.

According to the arrest warrant affidavit, Ledger told a witness that he shot the dog with a pump bb/pellet gun and said he, “must have pumped the gun up too much.”

The dog was walking on Estes Road in front of its home when it was shot once.

It ran into the yard of one of Ledger’s neighbors, where it died.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

OMG he shot a Chihuahua
I bet he feared for his life. Given a few weeks this four pound creature could have surely gnawed his foot off.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Very Scary!! thanks for the info sad and scary! I have a pit-bull and I LOVE that dog. I would be mortified if someone hurt her mustless shot her. She is harmless contrary to popular belief. She got beat up by a jack russell lol!!

I would like to give you a star and flag but not really sure how.

I figured it out sorry.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by b_rite_alwayz]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by wyleecoyote

Yep, I can be growled at during a traffic stop. By a dog that looks out of conrol to me, only, the deputy that holds it at bay says he is only interested in attacking criminals. Yet my dog stands in her yard and barks at people walking down the road, but doesn't need to be restrained. And I am a criminal, becuase my dog might cause "discomfort" to people walking by. Yeah, my dog barks at strangers. Duh. That's why I have a dog! And I can be cited and have my dog taken away from me. But a K-9 unit, as they call them, can snap at my crotch and I must accept this without complaint.

And to the kids that walked down the road the other day. I am sorry my dog scared you. But she was doing her job. And the next time you come into my yard and try to steal something from our trucks, oh well. You asked for it.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by b_rite_alwayz

Thanks so much for the kudos
The most important thing for our pets sake is to get the message out.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by wyleecoyote
If I were to shoot a police dog I'd be charged with a felony, yet the police are constantly entering the wrong property and murdering Joe the tax payers loyal companion, and furry family member, with little or no consequence.

Ah, I can tell you that if they ever did that to a pet of mine, there definitely would be consequence, oh baby, you bet there would be, you can bet the ranch on that. I'd go psycho on them and make them all regret the day they murdered or harmed my pets (I do not consider humon life above any other life, btw, in fact I'd be more inclined to save a drowning cat before I'd save a drowning humon). And, they can make note of that in my record/file. You shoot my pet, you better shoot me too, because I will be looking for revenge .. times 10! Times 100! Yup, you'd sure hear about the consequences I'd be dishing out if they ever shot or harmed an innocent pet of mine .. you'd hear about it on the news! I promise! I swear!

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Yep, if a cop walks into your yard and your dog even looks at him he can be shot, yet you can be fined for having a dog bark to protect your property from thieves. Go figure...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

I hear ya brother, you're not the only one.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Its funny I found this thread. Cause 2 days ago my friend told me about how the police raided this guys house we no and when they came in the shot at there pitbull but missed and the bullet ricochet off the ground and hit there little kid and they just said were bot gunna have chukd protective serveces come cause we shot your kid. Hopefully they sue the detroit police for as much as they can. If the pigs came to my house and did that hopefully my pitbull get get a chunk of there neck out first. Well when he get bigger he's only 5 months now

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I absolutely cannot stand the police state which is has brewed to completion in the States. The PTB are trying this deadly brew in other countries now. I don't 'think' it is working quite as well; because other societies can see the 'losers' we in the States have become.

C'mon, we are a society that was the shining example of animal lovers; once. I've live overseas, and other societies are just starting to have dogs, and they are flat out using the old American model; for that.

It makes me sick that we allow this police state to kill our dogs, and if we even look funny at one of their dogs; it's a felony. SICK SICK SICk

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
as i read topic after topic like this, i can't help but think you all are blaming the wrong people. don't blame the police, who are merely doing a job and having to deal with whack situation after whack situation, blame the idiot people who can't seem to police themselves thereby bringing down this kind of crap on the rest of us.

oh! don't have enough common sense to not leave your child home alone? let us pass a law for you, which chances are you'll be too stupid to obey anyway but hey it'll give us a perfect excuse to be in everyone's business.

get a grip with this police bashing stuff and look to the real causes of consequences like these.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I beg to differ. It's not the law, it's the cops. There's no law that says a cop must shoot a five pound Chihuahua. Cop tazes grandma in Texas, again cops choice, the law didn't force him to do it.

Still can't figure out why you keep seeing all the cop bashing threads.

Der, I wonder...

www.wcpo.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join