It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hail to the intellectual president

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Obama, is he an intellectual President ? Bush was not, but I think Obama is intellectual thinker and his actions are based more on analytical thinking
Will intellectual Obama bring a paradigm change in the way America lives ?

There's a lot to work with. The US was founded by scientists and intellectuals who radiated Enlightenment values, and at times it has rallied behind science. Obama has not shied from this message and, most important, he didn't lose because of it. John McCain and Sarah Palin certainly did try out the rhetoric of anti-intellectualism on Obama. Palin mocked the fact that he'd made much of his personal wealth through the sale of books and sneered at research on fruit flies and grizzly bears in a bid to make science sound like a self-indulgent pursuit that spends money but doesn't produce anything useful. The attacks failed.

If Obama pulls off governing as an intellectual president, the dividends could be enormous. Already, he has been more than true to his word when it comes to the support of science

The entire article can be found here:
Hail to the intellectual President

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
You start juggling enough balls they all drop.

I'll believe it when I see it.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

To me this just means he is going to think long and hard on how to stick it to us, rather than his advisors telling him to do it this way.

new topics

join