It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real US Government National Debt is $100,000,000,000,000, That's $100 Trillion!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
So! Here is the National Debt advertised by the US Government:

The Outstanding Public Debt as of 13 May 2009 at 03:26:08 AM GMT is:
$ 1 1 , 2 6 5 , 1 2 9 , 8 1 1 , 2 7 0 . 3 8

The estimated population of the United States is 306,171,345
so each citizen's share of this debt is $36,793.55.

The National Debt has continued to increase an average of
$3.81 billion per day since September 28, 2007!

National Debt Clock

But what if I told you that debt was a lie? A farse? A Falsehood of the greatest kind?
Hopefully you wont be surprised, because the government lies on a daily basis to its citizens and has lost all credibility to this citizen.

So, how much is the National Debt you ask! Well it's 10 times the advertised number. Some like to dumb it down to 50-60 Trillion...

How exactly does this $56.4 trillion bill add up? First, there are the federal government's known liabilities that it is legally obliged to fulfill. These include publicly held debt, military and civilian pensions and retiree health benefits. As of September 30, 2008, these liabilities added up to $13.5 trillion.

Then there are various commitments and contingencies – i.e., contractual requirements that the government is expected to fulfill when, and if specified conditions are met. These include federal insurance payouts, loan guarantees, and leases. As of September 30, 2008, they added up to $1.4 trillion.

So where does the remaining $43 trillion or so come from? That's what the government has promised to pay in Social Security and Medicare benefits in excess of related revenues. As of January 1, 2008, current and promised future Social Security benefits amounted to $6.6 trillion. And between Medicare's three programs (hospital insurance, outpatient, and prescription drug), current and future promised Medicare benefits amounted to $36.3 trillion.

The Real National Debt

But it is a horrid $100 Trillion dollars...

Who says so? The President of the Dallas Federal Reserve, Richard W. Fisher. In a May speech at the Commonwealth Club of California, he states that the US national debt is close to $100 trillion. You can read his whole speech at the Federal Reserve web site.

Mr. Fisher states in his speech that, "Add together the unfunded liabilities from Medicare and Social Security, and it comes to $99.2 trillion over the infinite horizon. Traditional Medicare composes about 69 percent, the new drug benefit roughly 17 percent and Social Security the remaining 14 percent."
Our $100 Trillion National Debt

So, do you have 1.3 Million dollars sitting around to help pay this off? I mean from the governments point of view it's your fault!! You gave them the power to spend this money. I mean sheesh, the government supposedly gets all its money from its citizens. It's your job to pay this off!
-----------------------------------------------

You know what? NO, it's not our job. The government has become to complacent with what it spends our money on. We put our trust in this farse of a government thinking it would help up and make things better. The truth it though, it has made life worse!
They have taken our money, spent it horribly, and then they call us Terrorists and Right-Wing Extremists when we question what they are doing?

It is a sad day when you can not count on your own government anymore.
That is the day you need to change it.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Give or take a few billion right?

I don't know what I'd do with a billion nonetheless 100 trillion dollars, although I'm sure science organizations would love me!

It's a pretty number 100 trillion, to bad noone really cares. When they come ask me for my fair share, I'll be locked and loaded. May even bring my handy dandy sonic screwdriver.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
To give you an idea how much money that is, consider this. If you started counting right now: 1,2,3,4,5,6.... and you counted one dollar every single second, 24/7, with no sleep... do you know how long it would take you to count one trillion dollars?

32,000 years!

I'm not making that up. It's just math. And that's to count only a single measly trillion. 100 trillion... that might take a little longer.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by Albertarocks]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
What's with these ignorant topics?

Let's talk about Miss California and the huge controversy over her comments...THAT"S NEWS PEOPLE!

To hell with trillions of debt....did you watch American Idol tonight?

My wife switched back and forth between Idol and The Biggest Loser.

It's important stuff.

So please....join the rest of us and worry about what really matters...reality tv makes the world go round.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by David9176]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I here ya, the people these days, just don't care, it's what some bimbo with flashy hair said on the telly that gets everyone in a bunch.

Noone wants to be depressed or upset, better sit down turn on the telly, leave it on fall asleep with aspartame enriched brains and flouride ruined nervous system, then go right on the next day, rinse, lather repeat.

Frustrating. I just believe that people see not yet the reprimandems of the intitial debt of 100T that they think it's like a cell phone bill, you don't pay it, they cant contact you, and you go on with another company and everything peachie squeaky, you can't do that with an entire country.

numerous threads and posts here are talking about it finally hitting the old hometown homes, give it a while and people will be in an uproar in the streets, but by then the ship has sailed and your left wondering why you didn't check on sooner.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I totally and fully agree with you David. Your comments are always great with a little wit thrown in.

It is a shame people seem to not care about this.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
So, do you have 1.3 Million dollars sitting around to help pay this off?

Let's just wait when the collector shows up demanding that $1.3 mil in a lump sum. Then we form the strategies how to defer the payment. I know what to say, though . . . hold a sec . . . I wrote it on a piece of paper so I wouldn't forget . . . where did I put it? . . . Oh. here it is!

I don't have it. I'm broke.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
There is a thread somewhere about the Top Secret US 'Black' military expenditures averaging about US$1.7T per year. Money unaccounted for.

There is another thread on ATS about an accounting error that has 'mis-placed' US$9T.

Seems like a pattern....

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
What......100T, no problem, with a little bit of printer ink and paper, I'll have my share of Monopoly money.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by tiso_us
What......100T, no problem, with a little bit of printer ink and paper, I'll have my share of Monopoly money.

We all must buy printing presses and produce our own currency! This is the only way! Let's all be rich and have our faces on paper worth nothing!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
There is a thread somewhere about the Top Secret US 'Black' military expenditures averaging about US$1.7T per year. Money unaccounted for.

There is another thread on ATS about an accounting error that has 'mis-placed' US$9T.

Seems like a pattern....

Alot of money does seem to disappear doesnt it?
Man the government is a horrible accountant

join