It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're all overreacting to everything and you fail to see the big picture because of it!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I've been following conspiracies for years now. We here at ATS and others have known about conspiracy theories about what the government will do to us for a very long time. We know that they will try to cause massive panic as we've seen in the last few years to instill fear on all of us. Yet we take the bait. We need to stop overreacting. Stop taking the bait from the mainstream news. I've been going to alternative news sources since I don't like the fearmongering in the MSM. People need to seriously wake up and see not the crisis... it may be manufactured all of this may be a set up- but we need to pay more attention to what they'll do after the fact. Here's my formula as to how the government gets more power.

Crisis happens+people panic+Media creates fear among people+Government steps in=a tyrannical government if not checked.

We need to come up with solutions as to how we can keep the feds in check.

I think we're letting our eyes off of the big picture.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

if you're referring to the swine flu epidemic, i completely agree .. but...

if this may involve the economic crisis, it's is not over-hyped by the media ... it's a very real problem ...

the only reason why the MSM is putting out stuff about the economic crisis is because they don't want people to see that they were wrong in the beginning when peter schiff & others called for the collapse of the economic market.

the people who called the crisis are still saying it's going to get worse, but now we have the MSM saying it's going to get better ... hmm who to believe ...

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
For some reason when others panic, I go into a slower more meditative state and absorb the karma of the situation around me.

That is the answer of what you must do. When (if) the sh*t hits the fan, you MUST stop thinking and not try to read into it and absorb the bigger picture.

I was wandering through a food court at university when 9-11 happened, people huddled around the tv's hanging from the ceiling...most thinking it was a movie or other...

I wasn't upset, yet, I was dreamy and have no clue what I did for the rest of the day. I seemed to have floated through the day in total.

Later it upset me, days later. My mood was a different story then. It was as if my emotions were only effected by those around me.

Yet, at the time of watching it, I KNEW deep down, it was fake..FAKE !! It to me was a movie, frame by frame, even the trusted news personnel were like actors in a play to me as I watched others gasping and grabbing their cellphones. I walked past in a fog, unemotional and uneffected.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I have to say that many of the threads about the Swine Flu do fall under this.
I actually stopped reading ATS for a week to not have to deal with the many fear mongering threads.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Yes please 'slow down' and make appropriate survival plans instead of running around like a chicken with ones head chopped off!

The Cryptocracy feeds on all of these negative vibrational Energies so one must fight them by remaining calm and positive. There is an Occult War going on however.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I agree Cunnobar, it feeds them. Let them starve next time something happens and remain calm, keep your mind active on the actual goings-ons but CLEAR, very CLEAR.

Due to a recent history of panic attacks, I have learned to keep my mind pattern of thought on nonsense (happy stuff, etc) in the foreground (yes , in the front of my brain) and on top of the bad stuff that goes on...

THAT stuff, needs a slower pace of thought to process and it must be done in pieces not all at once (thus creating panic).

Try it next time you are in an uncomfortable situation and others look to you to either 1. see your reaction to it or 2. stop the action.

Zone out to your OWN self (quietly and discreetly by thinking about how great last night's ball game was or the cute smile of a child you know) and watch the drama unfold. You will see that you control the situation just by doing that. It will calm down on it's own if enough people do it. Yet, if you are the only one of 30 people attempting this in a room of a panic situation, your chances are lesser that you can stop the situation. If only 3 to 1, or even 10 to 1 (depending on how strong your thoughts are) it is possible to overpower the bunch of them with calmness.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by suzque66]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

I stayed away from ATS for the most part as well when the Swine Flu topics were widespread here. It overtook everything....and made other important issues become overlooked.

I'm glad it has died down.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Right on the money man, thats the reason, i think, exactly why the swine flu got hyped up even before it spread and everything. The public worries about this new killer virus and get locked in on one subject, puts their MSM tunnel vision goggles on (if you'll indulge my new term!) and pays no attention to the man behined the curtain.

top topics

join