It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe calls for rules on RFID chips

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Hi first let me just be very clear that I am against the idea of putting chips in humans too.

That being said, I am curious as to exactly what type of information that government can hope to gather with these. I know that the physical location of the target is one. Anything else?

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 789789

It's not just the government. Have you seen all the futuristic movies where advertising is customized to you as you walk by? Minority report is a good example. The RFID is activated by a reader, then it responds with your identification number. The number can be linked to any number of things including credit, insurance, medical, taxes, employment, security rating, etc. Depending on who scans the chip, and what files they have access to, the chip could be as mundane or as damning as imaginable.

If you were a wanted felon, you would have to avoid all urban areas, border crossings, airports, etc., if they had readers.

If you were underage, you would set off sensors at a bar.

If you had terrific credit, you would be hounded by billboards, marquis, etc.

If you had a communicable disease, you could set off security risks.

If you had special clearances, you could walk directly into your place of employment, government buildings, etc.

It is a little bit of a jump from where we are now, to where the chip could lead us, but all the technology exists, your records already exist and are tied to your SS#, so it isn't that much of a jump to the futuristic version. It also comes with so many benefits, that it may be readily accepted by most. Even I can see how terrific that world would be, but only if you had the option of turning the thing off!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
update...

well, the bank called and left a message and although the brochure said it was not necessary to activate the new bank card with the chip on it...i HAD to because my old card was being deactivated within 30 days now.

I had no choice but to activate it.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I don't see anything relating to chipping humans in the articles. It's just an article about the responsible use of RFID chips on goods, such as DVD's CD's etc and making sure they're properly deactivated before leaving shops and such as the like.

Humans do not need RFID chips. They already have a chip: The Credit Card. (or debit card)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join