It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top court: Police cannot track suspect with GPS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Top court: Police cannot track suspect with GPS

www.timesunion.com

ALBANY — It was wrong for a police investigator to slap a GPS tracking device under a defendant's van to track his movements, the state's top court ruled today.

A sharply divided Court of Appeals, in a 4-3 decision, reversed the burglary conviction of defendant Scott Weaver, 41, of Watervliet.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
This looks good. The recent ruling in Wisconsin was troubling but it appears that not everyone agrees. It is, without a doubt, wrong and unconstitutional for police to behave in this manner. Why Wisconsin supported this is a mystery to me. Hopefully, this will end up in the Supreme Court and then in the garbage where it belongs.

TA

www.timesunion.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
This is great news!

A state has countered the Wisconsin ruling and if I remember right the Wisconsin ruling was not from the state supreme court and will still be appealed.

Great for New York to establish a precident. Courts like to follow established precident.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Excellent!

Now we must go through the records and find other cases where this method was used. W can release, acquit and give restitution for court and legals fees that were incurred by those individuals subjected to this illegal activity - especially if it resulted in conviction.

Eventually the police will get it through their heads that this is a Constitutional Republic. I believe prosecution should be conducted against those individuals who participated in or were accessory to this illegal activity. This would help ensure their future compliance with the law.

*I wonder how many lives and families were ruined because this tactic was utilized to secure a conviction.

Officers directly involved should be held without bail where the evidence is available that indicates they engaged in this activity. Reports, Forms and Paperwork in which can be found an admission that the officer was using such methods should be treated as a confession due to the criminal penalties associated with incorrectly filling out such paperwork.

Thanks to the documentation conducted by the police state, prosecution will be easier when a Constitutional government is back in place.

new topics

top topics

join