It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ventura: Powell's a 'war hero,' while Cheney 'ran and hid'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

True he did lie.. but in the end I believe he was used and abused and tossed aside. Before he left the administration you could tell there was real strain in their relationship.. I don't believe Powell knew the extent in which Bush'n'co where lying, but I believe he knew they where.

I wish though that Powell had run for President as a Moderate.. he would have made a much better replacement for Obama.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by yellowcard

True he did lie.. but in the end I believe he was used and abused and tossed aside. Before he left the administration you could tell there was real strain in their relationship.. I don't believe Powell knew the extent in which Bush'n'co where lying, but I believe he knew they where.

I wish though that Powell had run for President as a Moderate.. he would have made a much better replacement for Obama.

I’ll agree with you on that one, to an extent. I think that Powell would be a GREAT president…I would consider him a Moderate, I believe that it is more Moderates that we need in politics…but moderation doesn’t win in a dichotomous electoral system, such as ours…

That being said…I wish Obama had tapped Powell to be in his Cabinet. That would have been a really good move, and would have given Powell a further chance to redeem himself…which I think he deserves because, lets face it, he was used and thrown away by the Bush Administration….Powell has had a long career of being a rational moderate, serving many American Presidents, Republican and Democratic. He was a well known, trusted, relatively-honorable man in an incredibly dishonorable world….and they knew this fact…and they abused this fact.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join