It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ventura: Powell's a 'war hero,' while Cheney 'ran and hid'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

No, in point of fact, he wasn't. He was part of the investigative team, albeit in a very minor role seeing as he was a very junior officer in Vietnam. Ya might wanna check the facts...

Good to see those who continue to voice support for the Bush-Cheney Administration continue to employ the tried-and-true strategy of blatantly false character assassination.

Well done.

Look, I'm no fan of Jesse Ventura but you can't argue his comments with regard to Powell and Cheney. Powell had a long and distinguished military career while Cheney pulled out all the stops to avoid serving.

He and his Boss certainly didn't hesitate to use those who did elect to serve this country as pawns in their determination to prosecute their unjust war in Iraq.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
There's nothing false about it if it was fact.

fixedreference.org...

Powell was charged with the investigation of the massacre. How is this character assasination?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

fixedreference.org...

Powell was charged with the investigation of the massacre. How is this character assasination?

The character assassination is because Cunnobar says:

Powell was present during the 'My Lai Massacre' and many Conspiracy Theorists believe he was rewarded for his Savagery by the Cryptocracy.

While your link states:

Colin Powell, then a young US Army Major, was charged with investigating the massacre.

So...now...to say that someone was present at such an incident, when they were not, but knowing enough to know that their name is synonymous, somehow, with the incident...is that not an attempt at character assassination...

Granted, to say, "Colin Powell was involved in the investigation and whitewashing of the incident.." That would be the accurate thing to say...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by madhatr137

Originally posted by sos37

fixedreference.org...

So...now...to say that someone was present at such an incident, when they were not, but knowing enough to know that their name is synonymous, somehow, with the incident...is that not an attempt at character assassination...

Granted, to say, "Colin Powell was involved in the investigation and whitewashing of the incident.." That would be the accurate thing to say...

The silence is deafening. .

Good luck with any reasoned debate.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fremd
I find it amusing that people with real world experience in water boarding (those who have actually had it done to them) get thrown under the bus by conservative republicans who are on the news swearing allegiance to the military.

So since actions speak louder than words, here's what we can assess.

Republicans support you if you're in the military....
as long as
A.) You're not gay
B.) You don't question the validity of a republican war
C.) You don't speak out in opposition of torture
D.) You don't question a republican

So really the only way a republican will support one of our troops is if that troop directly supports the republican.

That's pretty noble.....

You hit that SMACK on the head.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

What was unreasonable about pointing out the mistake?

If then Maj. Powell was involved in a whitewash, then it should be exposed. But to make accusatory claims merely because someone doesn't like his politics, or the policies he supported is, what's the word I'm looking for, oh yeah; wrong.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

It is not unreasonable to point out that Powell was involved in a whitewash. The issue that comes into play is the dishonest assertion (lie), that Powell was present at the massacre.

The strategy here is to repeat false claims knowingly with the hope that the public will be to lazy or preoccupied too research the information.

That is the basis for character assassination. Also known as perpetuating ignorance, not denying it.

[edit on 5/13/2009 by clay2 baraka]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

Originally posted by Cunnobar the Slayer
Usually Ventura is a good guy but he really messed up with this.

Powell was present during the 'My Lai Massacre' and many Conspiracy Theorists believe he was rewarded for his Savagery by the Cryptocracy. They always promote those capable of Sadism and who may be useful in subduing the Native Populace. Another example is Gen. Patton who was rewarded for abusing those in 'Hoover-villes' in 1932 by Promotion.

Don't put down Patton.

You can say what you want about Powell, but you stay away from ole Blood and Guts.

Ike and MacArthur were there as well. Mac ran the show with Ike and Patton working under him. In fairness Ike anyway made sure that vets after WWII were better treated.

Anyway Jesse got water boarded. He probably figured what a hard guy it made him at the time. No ones complained about it that I know of until it became a political issue.

Besides its easy to see that Jessie is just jumping on board the torture ship for political considerations and was used accordingly.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Don't put down Patton.

You can say what you want about Powell, but you stay away from ole Blood and Guts.

Well I am just pointing out the facts. Patton was in fact utilized by the NWO to break up Hoover-villes in 1932. He did what he was ordered to do.

However once Patton got enough Power being a General he did in fact start to question what was going on (disliked mistreatment of Germans) so he was assassinated!!!

The Assassination Of General George Patton

[edit on 5/13/2009 by Cunnobar the Slayer]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka

Why don't you post some links for us, rather than have us rely on hearsay?
Better yet, start a new thread!

Yeah I am new here and am not quite sure about the linking policy yet and I don't want to accidently violate a forum rule.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Don't put down Patton.

Well I am just pointing out the facts. Patton was in fact utilized by the NWO to break up Hoover-villes in 1932. He did what he was ordered to do.

However once Patton got enough Power being a General he did in fact start to question what was going on (disliked mistreatment of Germans) so he was assassinated!!!

The Assassination Of General George Patton

The man was 60 years old. He had lived a hard military life and had just went through the most stressful thing a man like him can go through, being relieved of command.

Is it so hard to believe that he really did just have a heart attack?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
The Statement that Powell was present at the My Lai massacre is correct because he was in fact at the location to investigate it.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

The Statement that Powell was present at the My Lai massacre is correct because he was in fact at the location to investigate it.

Then he was present at "My Lai", although NOT at the "Massacre". The product that American schools are turning out these days makes me nervous for the future. REAL FRIKKEN NERVOUS!

Edit: I could take a flight to Vietnam tonight and go to My Lai (Assuming it still exists), does that make ME party to the My Lai Massacre?

[edit on 14-5-2009 by Zenagain]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Zenagain

Maybe they need to clarify it a bit more for you.

Hows this.

He was at the scene of the massacre to investigate it.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I'm not the one who requires clarification. Reading comprehension just comes naturally to "some" of us???

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   

I comprehended it just fine the first time it was clarified.

I guess you're right it does come naturally to some of us.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   

How could he be present at the "My Lai massacre" to "investigate" it. Present in My Lai later? Very possible. Present DURING the massacre to investigate it? I doubt it? There were investigations happening WHILE the massacre took place? That's quick work by our government! I give them HUGE kudos!

I reiterate. Reading comprehension is unfair to.......some......

My Lai is (Or was, not sure), a place. The "My Lai Massacre" was an EVENT. This post is meant for the genius who keeps arguing me despite being down for the count.....

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   

It is unfair.

Present during the massacre as you put it is differant then present at the massacre as said in the quote you are referring to.

Comprehension AND common sense is needed at the same time sometimes.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I think his original point was that the military isn't going to put someone on an investigation like this if he not on a leash. The result was that the whole thing was put on the back of a Lieutenant who said he was following orders.

Sounds like a whitewash, fall guy deal.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Slightly off-track from the previous posts, I'd say that Jesse Ventura is exactly the kind of guy we need speaking out for society. I'm in the UK and I would love to see more politicians taking his attitude of "talking the talk and walking the walk".

Clearly, I cannot comment on his governorship and how successful the people thought it was, but I get the vibe that he believes in what he says. Whether you agree with him or not, it is good to know where you stand.

As to being a "liberal", I just think that he is pragmatic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join