It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ventura: Powell's a 'war hero,' while Cheney 'ran and hid'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Ventura: Powell's a 'war hero,' while Cheney 'ran and hid'

rawstory.com

"I was water boarded, so I know -- at SERE School, Survival Escape Resistance Evasion," the former wrestler who gained his first mainstream fame playing a role in the sci-fi actioner Predator told CNN's Larry King. "It was a required school you had to go to prior to going into the combat zone, which in my era was Vietnam. All of us had to go there. We were all, in essence -- every one of us was water boarded. It is torture."

King asked, "What was it like?"

"It's drowning," Ventura responded. "It gives you the complete sensation that you are drowning. It is no good, because you
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
videocafe.crooksandliars.com

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
You have gotta hand it to him, Jesse is not afraid to speak his mind. He makes statements that would be political suicide for other politicians. First 9-11 truth, now this. We need more independent thinkers in politics today.

I love the part where he calls waterboarding torture: "I was water boarded, so I know." Great stuff.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Link to videos:

[edit on 5/12/2009 by clay2 baraka]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Is this supposed to be surprising? A former governor of the state of Franken. What else would we expect?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Yeah,

Ventura is just another moonbat liberal.

Nice attempt at spin. I like how you worked Franken into it, smooth.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
Is this supposed to be surprising? A former governor of the state of Franken. What else would we expect?

State of Franken? Is that supposed to be some sort of cheap shot at the state of Minnesota or Jesse Ventura? Ventura is a real patriot and speaks the truth.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I love Jesse Ventura, he's what an American politician should be. Balanced the state budget, advocates personal freedoms, legalization, and the 2nd amendment, and always speaks his mind. I don't agree with all of his platforms and I think he tends to be a bit goofy at times but overall I think he did a good job and I respect what he says.

Cheney is a #ing joke, I don't know why he's making the talk show rounds. Cheney just continues to bury himself more and more and make himself look more and more foolish. I was watching him on Fox News today doing an interview with that tubby Cavito guy who was lobbing softballs at him and was just astonished that this idiot and just as mindless ilk were really in charge of the country for eight years. Thank god we made it through the Bush and Cheney Administration. (Yes yes I know they're all the same and I'm brain washed by the MSM and wahhh wahh wahh) If Cheney doesn't believe waterboarding is torture, I would be willing to pay any amount of money it would take to watch him get waterboarded.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Usually Ventura is a good guy but he really messed up with this.

Powell was present during the 'My Lai Massacre' and many Conspiracy Theorists believe he was rewarded for his Savagery by the Cryptocracy. They always promote those capable of Sadism and who may be useful in subduing the Native Populace. Another example is Gen. Patton who was rewarded for abusing those in 'Hoover-villes' in 1932 by Promotion.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cunnobar the Slayer

Powell was present during the 'My Lai Massacre' and many Conspiracy Theorists believe he was rewarded for his Savagery by the Cryptocracy. They always promote those capable of Sadism and who may be useful in subduing the Native Populace. Another example is Gen. Patton who was rewarded for abusing those in 'Hoover-villes' in 1932 by Promotion.

Don't put down Patton.

You can say what you want about Powell, but you stay away from ole Blood and Guts.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Ventura can be a bit nutty, I don't like his 9/11 Truth believing, but this makes me reconsider water boarding as torture, because frankly I never really saw it as torture...but I've never been subject to it. Finally a voice from within the former military ranks speaks out from experience.

Though, Powell presented lies to the U.N....well screw the U.N. but he lied to the American people just like Cheney did about Iraq...so I see Cheney and him in the same boat...except Powell said that Americans want bigger government, and is an Obama fan.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by yellowcard]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I find it amusing that people with real world experience in water boarding (those who have actually had it done to them) get thrown under the bus by conservative republicans who are on the news swearing allegiance to the military.

So since actions speak louder than words, here's what we can assess.

Republicans support you if you're in the military....
as long as
A.) You're not gay
B.) You don't question the validity of a republican war
C.) You don't speak out in opposition of torture
D.) You don't question a republican

So really the only way a republican will support one of our troops is if that troop directly supports the republican.

That's pretty noble.....

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fremd
I find it amusing that people with real world experience in water boarding (those who have actually had it done to them) get thrown under the bus by conservative republicans who are on the news swearing allegiance to the military.

So since actions speak louder than words, here's what we can assess.

Republicans support you if you're in the military....
as long as
A.) You're not gay
B.) You don't question the validity of a republican war
C.) You don't speak out in opposition of torture
D.) You don't question a republican

So really the only way a republican will support one of our troops is if that troop directly supports the republican.

That's pretty noble.....

That's a pretty broad assessment, are you saying that a party should support everything a military figure says even if it's against their party? So that means we should not pull out of Iraq, because there are various generals against it. I really don't even know what you were trying to say because either way it doesn't make any sense at all.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

No, i'm saying that what you just described is precisely what the republican party is saying

"you should support the troops no matter what"

...unless they're gay, or in opposition directly.......

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

I have to agree with you there. I find myself liking Ventura more and more as they years go by. I don't agree with everything he say...but he seems to actually be...shock...rational....

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
What I find amusing are the people here who now seem to want to give Colin Powell a free pass when just a few months ago they were all pissed off at him because he was a member of the "evil Bush administration". So now just because Jesse Ventura gives a thumbs up to Colin Powell he's suddenly okay?

Why would Jesse Ventura say this about Powell? Could it be because Powell endorsed Barack Obama at the eleventh hour during the election?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Or, and I'm probably crazy for saying this, he, Ventura, could possibly one of those types of people who "say what they mean, and mean what they say."

As for Powell, people haven't been pissed at him for years...he redeemed himself, slightly, when he left the Bush Administration...and has been further vindicated by the attacks from Cheney, Rush and the Dittoheads...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

He was?

I didn't know that.

What?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Why don't you post some links for us, rather than have us rely on hearsay?
Better yet, start a new thread!

That is why people come to this site, for alternative viewpoints (with a few exceptions). Statements like those above really deserve at least reference. .

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

More with the Right/Left, Red/Blue crap...

You stay very distracted, don't you?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
reply to post by Fremd

More with the Right/Left, Red/Blue crap...

You stay very distracted, don't you?

I think the problem is that the media frames the arguments in a Republican vs Democrat context.

I think he is referencing the fact that the mainstream conservative movement has turned their back on Powell. It will be interesting to see if they start calling Ventura a "pinko." (to reference an old label).

We shall see. .

[edit on 5/13/2009 by clay2 baraka]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Cunnobar the Slayer

Powell was present during the 'My Lai Massacre'

No, in point of fact, he wasn't. He was part of the investigative team, albeit in a very minor role seeing as he was a very junior officer in Vietnam. Ya might wanna check the facts...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join