It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A show on H channel.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Hi,

I am pretty sure it was on The History Channel yesterday or the day before.

It was more less showing the mayans and other ancient civilizations, and why the similarities in what they built. It speculated that they had help from ET's.

I think I saw part of it before, and know there are many other shows that have aired on this topic. But this one mentioned a certain ruin site of the mayans, and I cant remember the name, I wanted to look at it on Googleearth.

At this particular site, they were talking about the rocks used were so hard they would have had to have diamond tipped tools, and machinery to engrave some of the massive stones. Seeing the footage of just the precise edges of some of these cuts really makes you wonder how they did it. I was hoping sombody might know the site they mentioned. Or the name of this particular show.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The site may be Machu Pichu (Sp?). If it's what I'm thinking of, they say you can't even slide a piece of paper between the rocks.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I didn't see the show in perticular, but I have heard references to ET civilizations helping ancient cultures before on show like that, but it is always a one line quote and then pushed aside. Hopefully this was different.

I know alot about the stone industry and maybe this wil help. If the stone they used required diamonds to manipulate, it was most likely granite. It could have been marble, but marble is much softer. In the granite business diamond tooling is a must. And granite is actually abundant in many areas around the world. Hope that helps!

-E-

[edit on 12-5-2009 by MysterE]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
That show was AWESOME!

Kudos to the History Channel for going in that direction; the academic professionals they chose were completely credible and well-versed in their subject theory.

In fact, I might even go as far to say it was the best thing I had ever seen on the H channel. Seriously.

I have never been able to find this much info on Tiahaunaco and Puma Punku before.

For those who haven't heard of them so far (and I can't blame you)....

www.world-mysteries.com...

There is some backround info.....

Fascinating stuff really.....

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
awake_awoke - can you remember the name of the show in question? I'd be interested in checking it out.

Cheers.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I saw the show even DVR'd it, and just deleted it last night after watching it again. Unfortunately I don't remember the exact name, but think it was Ancient Aliens or Ancient Alien Visitation or something like that.

I am not as much a believer in ancient alien visitation as I am in advanced ancient societies, but I always keep an open mind, since there seems to be a case to be had for both.

Where the show was very interesting, I didn't like the one sidedness to the show, but I expect this was done so they could bring as much stuff forward in the time allows. If they would have brought in as many skeptics as supporters, then they would have been able to cover only a small amount of the subject matter than they did. All in all it was a good show; I would like to see the show from a skeptic point of view as well. It brings more balance to the subject, and really causes more debate and helps determine which theories are actually possible and which ones are more far fetched.

[edit on 5/13/2009 by AlienCarnage]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

I dont think it was machu pichu, I believe it was a one word name. They said it wasnt a popular site for tourism.
it appeared to be small ruins and maybe a place where they cut and did engraving, maybe even part of a small quarry.

But yes, this particular site wich was the "favorite" of one of the researchers..was talking about how there was only two types of stone at the site, one being granite, and the other wich was actually harder and claimed it was second hardest stone next to diamonds.

I too was expecting to have a skeptic point of view for the claims, but it didnt seem to fit in with how convincing it appeared.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_awoke

TY awake_awoke, I think your link is the places...in the tv show they showed that thin line that is in one of the pictures and ah yes as I scroll down I now remember those interlocking lego pieces. truly amazing TY.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
The show was terrible they just rehashed all the same old drivel thats been tossed around for years.

The place with the blocks is Puma Punku and the stone diorite. It is very hard but hardly as hard as diamonds.

All sorts of ancient people worked diorite, the egyptian ande sumerians made some wonderful objects from this beautiful stone.

A thread about diorite
www.abovetopsecret.com...

and a thread about Puma Punku

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks

hey, just figuring out it was in fact puma punca..they referred to on the show.

I figured that the tv show was excentuating, and that there would be some poeple on here that know more about it on here.

I just wonder though, do you have any ideas about how they have such an intricate design at puma punca regaurding those modular H shaped lego blocks, or how they might have produced such a product?

ET's or not, there seems to be a far more advanced technology present in ancient times than I ever imagined.

I dont think you could achieve such clean lines with a copper rope saw... have you ever tried to saw a 2x4 with a hand saw? I know the technique but it always twists a little.. Is there then evidence of nearby copper mines that would have been used? I would imagine they would be resmelting a new saw every half hour or so..

[edit on 13-5-2009 by Mailman]

[edit on 13-5-2009 by Mailman]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Mailman

I remember reading about someone using a high speed water jet that can cut through steel, if the ancients had discovered something similar, they might be able to cut in such a manner as well. Of course the ones used now have a computer controlling it to get the water at the right speed or pulse or whatever, but the ancients were ingenious with some other applications in which they used the elements, so it might be possible for them to do the same without computer control.

Just a thought.

[edit on 5/14/2009 by AlienCarnage]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienCarnage

They had no water jet machines. They lacked all of the skills neccesary to build such a thing.
First off a water jet machine uses upwards of 100hp to drive the pump.
Then there is the solid carbide nozzles used to focus the jet.
then there are the highpressure seals, keeping in the 80k psi.

Need I go on.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Mailman

Yes, it's called Puma Punku, it's the temple complex of Tiwanaku, Bolivia.

en.wikipedia.org...

This site still amazes me, I think I found the video you're referring to:

top topics

join