It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recession Is Over According to Financial Experts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Recession Is Over According to Financial Experts

abcnews.go.com

There is a growing belief among financial experts that the recession is over.

Barry Knapp, a strategist at Barclays Capital, wrote recently that the economy appears "to be in the sweet spot of a recovery" and that the recession may have ended last month, according to Bloomberg News.

Liz Ann Sonders, chief investment strategist at Charles Schwab, said on "Good Morning America" today that she agrees with that conclusion.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
the recession is over, that's why unemployment is still rising; tax payers haven't exactly felt the effects on their wallets of the trillions of dollars in taxes that they will be paying over the next few years, when these start piling up i'm pretty sure that will delve us into a deeper recession

my opinion? propaganda, false hope ...

what are your thoughts?

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-5-2009 by baseball101]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I think experts are trying to entice people back into the market to make another killing off them. When I see people returning to work, people buying houses or should I say being approved for credit, and businesses booming,I will agree that the recession is over.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Gee, I was expecting to read that the recession was over because we're now officially into the depression phase of this bankruptcy of America. Funny, and they call these people financial experts? I should look up the definition of expert, they must have degraded its definition since I last went to school. When you look back over the last year or two at all of these so-called financial expert predictions, you would think expert means idiot today.

How many of you would consider your financial woes are over after borrowing so much debt that you'll never be able to pay it back in your lifetime, and learning that double digit inflation is just over the horizon. Them experts must be under the impression that by inflating the money supply, prices will not rise to offset that devaluation of the US dollar.

Much of what we consume comes from China and other foreign nations, nations we already owe a lot of debt to. By inflating the money supply, we are ripping off those nations we owe. As the dollar is devalued, each dollar we owe China will soon be worth a lot less. True, by inflating the money supply, you can essentially decrease the cost of our debt. You borrow a dollar this year, and next year when you pay it back that dollar will only be worth 50 cents. It's like a corporation that issues new additional stock while not increasing the worth of their business, they are only increasing the amount of paper out there, not the value BEHIND that paper. This increase in the money supply will be at the expense of inflation. It won't be long now before Wal-Mart will have to change all those signs to read "Rising Prices!"

Yeah, maybe the recession is over, but I would take that to mean we're now entering the depression phase of this crash. The true indicator that everything is going to be okay is when everyone that wants to work is back at work, and earning enough to live on. I'm no financial expert, but my calculator tells me those financial experts are either NUTS or LYING (and it's anybodies guess why).

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Oh, they mean , " The money stealing scam is over" go back to your normal lives . They got theirs, and now we begin to pay.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
IMO things are going to get much, much worse.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I'm not an economics expert. I just know the idiot box was screaming that financial doom was looming, and other than the state of mind of Americans nothing really changed. Then when the idiot box says it's starting to relax nothing but the state of mind of Americans changed. The sun still rises, gas is still under three bucks, and chicken sandwiches at Jack in the Box are still a dollar. I personally think most of it was just a hysteria brought about by the uncertainty of a new administration and a lot of bankers making a cash grab in all the confusion. For me the average American, nothing much changed.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I think it was a scam to begin with. But now they want people to go back to the markets since the media is tired of making people fearful of them because they want to still survive.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
And let me guess they probly listen to this idiot in Washington when they should be listening to people like Peter Schiff.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by wassy

I bet you that after the economy has the illusion of looking better people will think that our economy is absolutely perfect and flawless again. The establishment doesn't want people angry. So they need to give the illusion that it's doing good. But, inflation will happen.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Well, I think this is when it gets better for a bit, then falls off the map.
Alot of people think this, not people in the news but real investors.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
There's nothing to worry about folks. Jim Cramer (aka Bozo the Clown) officially declared the "depression" over about 6 weeks ago. At that time, the government's position was that a depression was very unlikely. But Cramer said we were indeed in a depression, but then he called it "over". Or maybe he did us all a favor and just decided to call it off. I guess the little gerbil just wanted to be first, at least once in his life. You know, make his mark in the history books as one of the "brilliants".

Good call Cramer, just like all your other great calls. Only problem is that you were about 6 years early with it. The great Jim Cramer... you economic giant you... you Wall Street shill you... you bastard you.

This depression is over? The recession is over? And Al Gore invented the internet. And Dick Cheney would be a great weekend babysitter for your 6 year old son.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by Albertarocks]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I beg to differ friends!!!

IT's going to be great from here on out.

We'll all have lots of money...the debt will be gone...and all wars will be over by the end of the week!

Corruption of govermnet is gone! Health care for all! Jobs flood back into the country! Unlimited credit! Houses with shiny green grass for us all!!!

Yes people...WE DID IT!

Hurray!

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
You know I keep seeing these articles all over the place, but they never really get into the meat of the topic... As in they never really give you the truth as to where they are making these opinions from.

C'mon it's not hard to see this is just getting started. All you have to do is research for 30 minutes online to find 3-10 charts showing that this ISNT over and it's about to get worse.

Use your brains Sheeple!

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
The recession is over and I'm 10 feet tall. What planet do these twits live on?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
You know I keep seeing these articles all over the place, but they never really get into the meat of the topic... As in they never really give you the truth as to where they are making these opinions from.

C'mon it's not hard to see this is just getting started. All you have to do is research for 30 minutes online to find 3-10 charts showing that this ISNT over and it's about to get worse.

Use your brains Sheeple!

Do you mean a chart like this one?

static.seekingalpha.com...

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
These are probably the same experts who said we weren't in a recession until recently.

They deny, lie, and manipulate or they are just idiots.

How ever, they might be on to something:
We are out of the recession, right in to a depression.

[edit on 12/5/09 by xstealth]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Although is debatable that the recession might br over, now the real question would be...what's next? I dont think this country would be bussiness as usual as it was prior to this recession. I think there would be major changes across all the economic spectrum and those changes would be here to stay.

Less consumer spending, more savings, less available credit, and a ballooooning deficit are here to stay and it would get more complicated when medicare and social security get thrown into the mix.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
It pretty much does not matter what the "experts" say, the fact is, like a bad mood, the recession/depression won't last forever.
The cuts have been made, the large auto companies are getting their act together, the financial companies have had their lasciviousness put in check, and the average Joe is doing his utmost, as usual, to survive the best he can given the circumstances.
I think the worst is indeed over. We are in a better position than we have been for a long time to move ahead on a stronger footing. I see signs of improvement already. The house next door to me finally sold after being vacant for a year. Another one down the road sold a couple of months ago.

We are a leaner, meaner, and smarter people and we will not only survive but flourish once again.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

What are you drinking this morning? Got a link to where you purchased those rosy colored eye glasses? Who do you shill for, the government, or Wall Street?

NOTHING what-so-ever has been FIXED that has caused all this mess. We are still importing more than we export (a.k.a. trade deficit), as a nation we are more in debt than ever before, more people are laid off every day, no cuts have been made - spending has increased - haven't you heard? (D'OH!), we haven't even gotten deep into all those derivative looses yet, foreclosures are still on the rise, GM is closing plants and will be moving more jobs out of country, social security and medicare are headed for eventual insolvency, we're on the verge of another world war, double digit inflation is on the horizon, a pandemic is spreading, and your average Joe is more poorer today than yesterday (if only because of the devaluation of the spending power of their hard earned and saved dollars).

It's going to take some facts to convince me that things are getting better. Don't be fooled by all those so-called financial experts, the only thing they apparently are experts at is shilling and pulling the wool over the eyes of some! If you really think things are getting better, tell me then, how much GM stock are you planning to buy today, hum?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join