It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conficker enters attack mode in India

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Conficker enters attack mode in India

www.ciol.com

BANGALORE, INDIA: After lying low for a while the Conficker worm is active once again. The worm has now reportedly affected hundreds of computers creating sort of panic among enterprises.

The attacks of Conficker or Downadup, which is a malicious software program, come after fears that the worm would be activated on April 1 proved wrong.

According to security experts in India, the Conficker is now quietly turning thousands of personal computers into servers of e-mail spam and installing spyware. It is the right time for enterprises to install patches now to avoid the consequences, they w
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.eweek.com

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Well i must agree with this, for a simple reason that i have allowed one of my computers to be infected with this virus and of 3 days ago i have noticed a variation in outgoing packets and incoming packets.

I have placed avast as a virus scanner online but its unable to detect it. Spybot has also been placed but that too is unable to remove it, for after every restart it recreates itself.

Its very interesting to see the effectiveness of this piece of code. So once again if you have not updated your system then do so. If you are running a pirated MS version i suggest you back up your data.

www.ciol.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
All the info you need here and here. It's not hard to remove, just get one of the removal tools. I recommend switching to Avira for your virus detection/removal needs and Malwarebytes' Anti-malware for the other bad stuff. While i'm at it: switch to ZoneAlarm firewall, keep windows updated, back up regularly and consider downloading a live version of Linux (such as Knoppix) as a back up OS for when windows dies. Having the extra OS-on-a-DVD will allow you to run whatever anti-bad-stuff software necessary when a big bug hits you and you can't boot windows.

TA

Edit to add: All that stuff is free, just do a Google search.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by TheAssociate]

[edit on 12-5-2009 by TheAssociate]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
This is why I sometimes think it would have been better to buy a Macintosh...

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Kaspersky! thats what you need...or linux.I think this worm was blown out of proportion though in all honesty,but we will see i guess.

top topics

join