It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012, Brave New World?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
There has been much discussion about the predicted events leading up to and including the infamous year 2012.

However, not so much about the post 2012 scenario. So I thought I would start a discussion about.

If we take the extreme version of 2012, humanity will be taken to the brink of annihilation. Lets say 1/3 or less of the worlds population remains. Most populated areas have been reduced to mostly rubble. Business's, stores, government, banks etc. are all but gone.

We basically have to start over. How will we fare? World wide communications are completely gone. Only remnants of government left, do you think people will follow? Or will we become savages for a short period until people mass together to reform their societies, religion, govenrment? Or for those who believe ET's/or Dimensional beings are a part of 2012, how will they play a part from that moment onward?

Who will pick up the pieces? I realize man has been able to weather great storms in the past, but can we do it again? Can we cope with an aftermath on this scale?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I think humanity will be able to recover from 2012. However, it will be hard at first, but I think there will be groups that will try to come together to create there own societies.

As for the regular government making rules for the masses, it won't work out because there will be chaos at first. Until things settle down after the big day, rules will almost not exist.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by PowerSlave

The Human race is the most adaptive species on this planet no matter what happens we WILL survive we can rebuild, repopulate and reshape the world or whats left of it.. albeit this is the worstcase scenario..

if Aliens do make themselves known on Winter Solstice at 11:11am or whatever time of the day they choose :d when the Earth is aligned with the galactic centre then i hope they are a pro -human race and welcome us with open arms into their brotherhood. i don't think everyone can go with them though not just for logistics issues(an entire planet on a starfleet of alien battlecruisers or scouts..imagine it..
) but personality wise aswell.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Raider of Truth

i don't think everyone can go with them though not just for logistics issues(an entire planet on a starfleet of alien battlecruisers or scouts..imagine it.. ) but personality wise aswell.

This sounds familiar......... Battlestar Galactica comes to mind
Rag tag fleet...........

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

never watched it but still i don't think 6.8 billion people will fit onto a bunch of alien ships

woops second line

[edit on 14/01/09 by Raider of Truth]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I don't see destruction, but instead, a return to the age of miracles, whereby we the people, become the "PTB". I think it will be an awakening, to the true nature of reality, and of the latent power of the human being. And as faith in our power increases, nothing will be out of the realm of possible.

First things first order of business will be to feed the hungry and get them feeding themselves, because as Ghandi said, God comes to the starving, in the form of food.

Best Regards,

OmegaPoint,
of Global Transformation

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
If the PTB are NWO like, or some sort of shadow government. I would guess they would have some idea of what may be comming. If so, I am sure they would have been preparing for it for quite some time.

So there may be some fair sized bunkers or underground facilities where they will be taking cover. My guess is they would not be alone, and that they would have a military presence as well. Along with a good collection of weapons, and technology. All this so they may rise up once again, and start fresh.

Just a thought.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

What I think would happen is exactly what I think must of happened in the past.

Think about this for a second. There were no computers during the Mayan times, or at any other time that we know of. And even though the Mayan’s created a calendar in stone there is no way they could have just known about those alignments, someone had to tell them. So that means humanity in the distant past had to experience that day at least once, some had to survive it and then tell their off spring to tell every generation forward about that day and what to look for in the sky… And then it must have happened again, and then the second group of survivors also knew that meant it is was going to happen again because they were told that it happened in the past, which leads us to today. Which means at a bare minimum 52 thousand years of human history has been lost. Oh we know about the last eight thousand years or so, well some of it.. However the other forty-four thousand years are completely lost, that should cause great pause… Unless of course you accept the tales of the bible or other ancient societies, like the Sumerians, which are scarier still… Either way… If you believe what archeologist tells us, mankind was living a hunter gather experience for tens of thousands of years, and then one day something clicks and humans begin to build up societies. So, if you believe 2012 is going to be a horrific event, humans will survive, but what will happen?

How many of you know how to build a computer from nothing? Or build a power plant from nothing, get all the materials you need to create steel, or plastics, medicines or anything else we take for granted and use daily? What will happen to those who survive, they will be concerned/completely consumed with staying alive, and that means gathering food and water. Farming is extremely hard without the technological advances of today. Farming for food is a daily back breaking experience, and a constant struggle/fight to keep all the weeds and bugs at bay. Let alone without modern tools… meat, vegetables, milk, etc… will only be edible for about a week or less, and then you need to find more before you starve to death… Let alone you will need shelter and a way to protect yourself from the other roving survivors, etc etc… Let alone the fact that simple colds, cuts, accidents that can be fixed with drugs or modern medicine are all gone… So there is that fear/reality.

If something horrific does happen those of us in the first world and second world, who survive, will suffer greatly. Those who live in third world countries/conditions, will suffer as well but nearly as bad as the rest of us. In two generation, by modern definition 60 years, humanity will be back to the stone ages.

Whoever survives this possible destructive event, depending on the numbers, and only if the destruction is to humans and not infrastructure… You and your group could survive for years on can goods, generators, etc… while working to restart society. If it is a major global event and causes major catastrophes that hits every country, state, city, town, dwelling… Humanity will be back in the stone ages instantly! And will remain there for hundreds, maybe even thousands of years to come. Because if your only concern is food, water, shelter and safety… how much time do you really think you will have to teach the children about all the things you know existed… I mean, because of how hard it will be for you in the beginning, for several years/a decade or more maybe… don’t you think you would grow to hate this make believe reality you live in now while you‘re living in that hell? Not to mention if there are no children and you survive, are there is no one to make children with… whatever you know dies the moment you do.

The crazy part is, even though none of us knows for certain what will happen, every person I know, knows something is coming… What? Only time will tell. To help prevent your little piece of the world from going straight back into the stone ages… buy books on everything. Make sure you can survive in your area of the world… Buy a lot of each these, seeds, water purifier tablets and antibiotic over the counter medicine, guns, bullets, compound bow, knifes, etc, etc… Just think about what you will need if you have zero power, zero water, zero refrigerator, zero help, just you and those around you… Just think about it… Remember in ten days over half of the population will be so hungry, because most people only have three to five days worth of food, that taking from others won’t bother them at all.

What will happen? I don’t know… What I do know, it’s what you can’t think of that will mostly be the real enemy if this thing ever happens.

On that note… Have a nice day!

--Charles Marcello

new topics

top topics

join