It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandelbrot Set- An Artists thoughts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Mandelbrot Set-An Artist's thoughts...

The linked video is a Mexican digital artists Sergio Toporek's presentation on his thoughts and ideas that make up his use of the Mandlebrot Set for his art work.

vimeo.com...

This video is a presentation of the subjects that inform and inspire my personal work. It is an eclectic collection that includes poetry, mysticism, mathematics, music, theology, quantum physics, sacred geometry, philosophy and visual arts.

i think its lovely introduction to everything the universe has to offer in a little over 30 mins.
it starts slowly, It gains momentum, its not for everybody, but some of you will enjoy it.

I like the way he has put together so many thoughts and considering the subject matter its pretty concise and not to mention beautiful.

here it is again-

vimeo.com...

i know some of you will enjoy it!

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Wow--a lovely journey! I came away from the viewing with an expansive, free & ethereal feeling and would also highly recommend it. Thank you.

I've only recently become aware of the Apophysis fractal flame editor for Windows:

apophysis.org

I had to do some searching after making an inquiry after an ATS member's very cool avatar. Haven't tried it yet, though.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by elfie

yeh its a nice approach.
i was impressed and moved, its a big subject but somehow he manages to pull quite a few things together.
i feel like he organised some of my thoughts that i have had over the past year or so, but he has done it for himself.

I will check out that link...

new topics

join