It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Problem reaching websites?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I'm wondering if it's only me or not. I have a #load of trouble reaching most websites, I gotta hit "refresh" like 3 or 4 time before the website finally load. It simply says page unreachable if I don't.

I reinstalled everything yesterday on my comp, so I'm thinking maybe I tweaked some internet settings I shouldn't have...

Anyoneelse have this problem (since 1 or 2 days) or is it only me?

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Going to other web sites from this one? Or period?
You have dial up?
I have had no problems.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I've had no problems at both work and home. Do you have dialup or broadband?

You might try going to www.pcpitstop.com... and testing your computer and internet connection or www.broadbandreports.com...

[Edited on 27-4-2004 by KillerD]

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Boy Howdy I thought it was only me...and now I see that the links to my avatar and other pics I have posted on the server are not coming up......

Is the whole world connected and it's just plain overloaded or what?

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I have an high speed DSL connection.

No websites in particular... It's with any website. But it seems to do it only once in a while. Like now I can access ATS and BTS without any problem. Yesterday, I had to refresh at least 2 or 3 time, but only when I load up the page for the first time. It's freaking weird if you ask me. But it's no big deal, I mainly just wanted to know if I was alonen having this or not...

I never had this before I reinstalled windows dammit...

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Have you run a ping test? if you want a graphical version you can download a ping plotter and it will graph it out for you at least you might be able to tell if it's your ISP. Here's a link to a shareware ping plotter

ping plotter

[Edited on 27-4-2004 by KillerD]

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Turned out I was still using my router's DHCP function (as I had just reinstalled windows), and when I configured my network connection properly (adding in my ISP DNS servers) everything went back to working normally.

It's the damn drugs...makes you forget so much stuff...

new topics

top topics

join