It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of These Days The Line Will Be Crossed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Well I am not condoning some of the actions undertaken by the US government . Never the less anyone with half a brain knows that the so called " liberators " that have appeared in the second half of the 21st century have proven to be greater tyrants then those who they replaced . When the time comes the rebels if you like are going to have both buck the trend just mentioned as well as avoiding destroying anything of economic interest in there state .

Myself if sufficient supplies were stockpiled I could Alaska seceding from the Union . Time is running out for a political solution to be found . The same people that cling to the US Constitution also cling to a document that prevents any kind of Proportional Representation being introduced into the US political system .

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

Yeah xpert, I remember you mentioning that same thing to me a long time ago in another thread. I believe we do have proportional representation (in the House), as it is based upon the census, but where it fails (concerning elections) is in the electoral college- case in point- the 2000 election. Gore should have been it by popular vote.

jitombe:
Well not so fast. Many states now are reaffirming their rights on the issue of gun and ammunition control. And if you remember, Montana threatened to secede from the union over the DC gun ban case if the SC did not rule the gun laws unconstitutional, which they did- but in the same breath ruled in favor of DC to heavily regulate them.

But really my premise with this thread is that the authorities one of these days are going to get in over their heads against the wrong crowd who will shoot back and will not back down. And further, that if escalated to enough of an extreme, may spark a violent revolt nationwide. The nationwide riots that happened over the Rodney King incident were over a race issue, which I believe does not have enough teeth to incite the masses on all sides of the racial divide- which I really wish would go away.

I'll give you another example of how this could happen:
The federal government decides that they are going to enforce their gun/ammunition laws against a given state. Federal agents descend upon a state arms manufacturer, only to find a large group of state authorities- empowered by their own reaffirmation laws and directed by the Governor- waiting on them.

Things get out of hand, and a federal or state agent is shot and killed. The fighting escalates, and the state calls upon its militia and recalls all its troops from the National Guard and military. Some troops will heed the call wanting to first defend their state, while others will remain at the demand of the federal government. This will no doubt create a very bad situation for both the troops and the local populace.

The news of this spreads, and local civilians with guns join in the battle against the feds. The feds then call in portions of the army/marines who remain loyal to quell the fighting. Tanks are brought in like at Waco. But the state has its own tanks, and brings those to bear. All hell breaks loose. Infuriated civilians all over country go beserk and start attacking federal enclaves, including federal government buildings across the country.

And now we have a situation where the military will be fighting against its own, some for the feds and some for their home states, with the civilian populations almost 100% battling for their own states.

Facing 10 million gun owners, backed by a portion of active military and vets, the feds will have to eventually back down- or yes, full scale civil war could break out.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Here we have a simple version of what I am talking about, and a situation that could have gotten way out of control:

No doubt the fan was wrong for storming the field. No argument there. But 4 officers had him totally subdued and on the ground. There was no need to start slamming him in the face with a billy club.

Again, one of these days the line will be crossed with the wrong crowd and it's gonna be on. Police brutality has reached unbearable levels. Why do police feel the need to do this when they already have the power of numbers, weapons, and training against their typical unarmed opponents?

Is it up to them to teach this kind of person, or any person for that matter, a lesson? No it is not. It is up to the courts to decide. The police are trained to be professionals at subduing wrongdoers, not to beat them senseless or kill them after they have them in custody. It's time police thugs like this started acting like the trained professionals they are supposed to be.

<< 1   >>

join