It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: WMD of Iraq Found?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
It has been noted by many that everytime the U.S has found some "small evidence" that Saddam had WMD, this evidence has been refuted by many liberals as well as some members of the press, as being too small of a reason to have invaded Iraq.
Due to these past reactions by many Americans and the U.S press, instead of slowly releasing more information that corroborates what the U.S administration knew all along, they are waiting to release all the proof and information at once.

WorldNetDaily.com
New evidence out of Iraq suggests the U.S. effort to track down Saddam Hussein's missing weapons of mass destruction is having better success than is being reported.

Key assertions by the intelligence community widely judged in the media and by critics of President Bush as having been false are turning out to have been true after all.

But this stunning news has received little attention from the major media, and the president's critics continue to insist that "no weapons" have been found.

In virtually every case -- chemical, biological, nuclear and ballistic missiles -- the United States has found the weapons and the programs that the Iraqi dictator successfully concealed for 12 years from U.N. weapons inspectors.

It finally seems that what Bush has been saying all along is true, but now the administration is waiting to release all the information at once so it won't be dismissed so easily as it has been done before by those that have their own agenda in this matter.

Related News:
Insight on the News

[Edited on 27-4-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
WND isn't the most trustworthy of sources, but I wouldn't be surprised if this were true. They're likely saving it until right before the election (say a month or two before). Then release the huge lump at once. It'd be a knockout punch on Kerry- after spending the entire campaign talking about how Bush has lied, Bush can show up proving everything he said was true. Kerry's campaign would literally crumble.

In theory, anyway

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Does sound like a legitimate possibility.

But you have to wonder how it'd make Bush look. If he waited that long to use it as a re-election tool, what does that say about him?

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
If Bush never finds the WMD's, he'll most likely lose the next election. He knows this. Couldn't he plant WMD's to make it look like he found them? I'm not saying tons of them... but maybe a nuke or two? who knows.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
There is suposebly a big thing goin down in iraq. We got some info from some jordainian prisoners who supposebly told us alot of info about locations of wmds and chem weapons. ALso i heard about a group of soldiers who were on an "investigation" mission and were ambushed because they found somethign or got too close. More details later.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkHelmet
If Bush never finds the WMD's, he'll most likely lose the next election. He knows this.

I'm curious as to how you so factually deduce this Dark Helmet.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
It's not a fact as of now. but if he never finds the WMD's, Kerry would be right in saying Bush was lying. People would believe Bush is a lier, not all, most alot of people will vote for kerry in response to this, and i'm sure Bush knows this. I'm not saying if he never finds them, he'll never be re-elected, I'm just saying he'll find it much harder to do so.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
In the past everytime the administration brought up one or two pieces of evidence that Saddam had WMD it was refuted by the press and by many Americans. The best way to release this kind of information is all at once, so people will realize that "Saddam did have WMD."

This time I am sure the administration "wants to make sure all the evidence is seen at once."

BTW, you rather believe the people that are trying to bring us harm? And the U.S was not the only one to have come up with evidence that points to the fact that Saddam did have WMD, before we kicked his butt.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   
No, i heard this today on the radio. What some idiot is writing a book about is all the pieces if put together could form a weapon. Thats like attacking OSH lawncare because if they put ammonium nitrate and fertilizer togethether they could have a bomb.
Another scratch from the brilliant republican thinking machine. So far nothing that was stated as known, has been found.Period.
If it wasnt so serious it is funny. The retarded son of a former president has only proven that a position title change still means your retarded.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
"Nothing beens found"?
Suspected chemical warhead found in Kirkuk

U.S. tests for possible chemical weapons

NPR said the rockets, BM-21 missiles, were equipped with sarin and mustard gas and were �ready to fire."

Marines reportedly find cyanide, mustard agents in Euphrates

You must be refering to "sufficient quantities" to appease, maybe?

"Nothing" is an absolute and that "absolute" is bogus.

seekerof

[Edited on 27-4-2004 by Seekerof]

dz

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
..am i the only one that realizes that they had over a year to plant this stuff?

i'm sorry, but i have no trust in this administration anymore

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I guess you also purposely leave out or exclude that Iraq had 'how much time' to hide, move, or sell those reported and documented WMD's?

You might want to check the dates on those articles dude before you start talking "over a year" crap.....k?

seekerof

[Edited on 27-4-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dz
..am i the only one that realizes that they had over a year to plant this stuff?

i'm sorry, but i have no trust in this administration anymore

Maybe we should let sadam run this country

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Agreed....clean him up, give a shave, put him in a new military outfit and re-introduce him and place him back in power...lets see how long that lasts, eh?

I'm all for it.....the US and the Coalition can give him a box of candy, some roses/flowers, and an apology and let him get back to bidnez'.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Seekerof:

Not ONE of the links you provided give conclusive evidence whatsoever. Not even remotely.

I respect that you feel indignatious, but what is your agenda here?

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
even if saddam had weapons,so what. so do i. This embarassing failure is screaming about picking up a 7 pin when they where aiming for a strike.

All those dead future republicans, and they dont even get their picture in the paper.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I gave this a bad vote and I just wanted to say why. The news source, in my opinion, isn't reputable enough. I could be wrong, I just didn't want to be one of those jerks who left a negative rating and didn't say why.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Actually I just made a prediction in a thread last night in politicql mud pit about this very thing, that Bush is not hiding OBL but he is hiding the fact that the WMD's have already been found and is just sitting back letting Kerry mouth off about it and the more he does the more Kerry will look bad when they are found. Its the ace up his sleeve and a reason for that smirk on his face.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I have absolutely no problem with Bush accumulating numerous WMD finds. Every time something has been reported it's been downplayed as being too small to be of any consequence. To all those who downplay the small finds -- THINK -- You don't produce this stuff in tiny quantities. That would make no sense. I think the stuff is there and in Syria. Eventually it'll come out.

Who knows, maybe we'll find Kerry's medals stashed away with the WMDs.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Does anyone believe this? "We found the WMDs---no really. I'm serious this time. No fooling. Stop laughing." I can't believe this was fit for submission.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join