It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rabbi to pope: Go split Rome

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Rabbi to pope: Go split Rome

www.worldnetdaily.com

JERUSALEM – If Pope Benedict XVI so fervently supports a Palestinian state – which would split sections of Israel – he also should divide Rome, charged the leader of a coalition of more than 350 Israeli rabbinic leaders and pulpit rabbis.

"I was shocked to hear that the first thing the pope had to say when he landed in Israel was that the Holy Land must be divided to make room for a Palestinian state," said Joseph Gerlitzky, rabbi of central Tel Aviv and chairman of the Rabbinical Congress for Peace, which includes some of Israel's most prominent Jewish leaders.

"I suggest that
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
well the Jews are really arogant. that is all what I can say.

I am not a big fun of Pope Benedict. he is unfortunatetly not even close to John Paul II. but it is very jewish to call him German when he is trying to criticise Israel for its deadly and evil agenda against Palestinians.

the funny thing is that they do not come out with that kind of statements when the exactly same advices are coming from others - especially US leaders.

www.worldnetdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
That's pretty funny considering that Vatican City is sovereign, and outside of its walls Rome is no different than anyother city on Earth, it is split. Rome, itself, is not under his jurisdiction.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by searching4truth]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

in fact you are right.

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
That was pretty blatant on his part. I liked Pope John Paul better.

He could have at least waited until after the matzo and Manischewitz festival ended.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by czacza1

Nice generalizations about Jews as a whole. I love generalizations. Oh, how about this one, Catholic priests are child molesters.

Obviously not all Catholic priests are guilty of that crime, not all Jews feel the same as this rabbi.

Have a nice day!

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
As much as I dislike the Israeli government, we should not make this about Jews.

When you make Israel-bashing Jew-bashing, you are only increasing the Israeli governments' cover.

The Israeli government does not equal all Jews.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by Donnie Darko]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by czacza1
reply to post by searching4truth

in fact you are right.

The rabbi should have said well then you split the Vatican with the Arabs. The Israeli government should have sent him back to his plane and told him to go back home.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by finemanm

ok. you are right. my bad.
but on the other hand when I see the poll results in Israel with over 70% of population asking to hit Iran asap I am sometimes making that kind of generalizations.

but yes, I should not say it so.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
The Rabbi didn't say anything.

This is World Nut Daily.

We might as well start quoting the Onion.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

well, world net daily is in fact proisraeli. so why would they lie?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by czacza1

This is what the pope said:

In his opening comments after disembarking at Israel's international airport yesterday, Benedict called for the creation of a Palestinian state with the hope that Israelis and Palestinians "may live in peace in a homeland of their own within secure and internationally recognized borders."

Last time I checked, just about every nation on earth is suggesting the same thing. What is wrong with suggesting that he hopes that the Israelis and Palestinians may live in peace in a homeland of their own, within secure and internationally recognized borders?

Furthermore, the Vatican isn't bombing civilians, starving out Palestinians living in Gaza, and dropping White Phosphorous on those civilians, and the Vatican was freely given their land, and it is not contested by anyone. Thus, to suggest that they divide the Vatican (not Rome, since they don't own Rome) makes no sense.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by ProfEmeritus]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
As much as I dislike the Israeli government, we should not make this about Jews.

When you make Israel-bashing Jew-bashing, you are only increasing the Israeli governments' cover.

The Israeli government does not equal all Jews.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by Donnie Darko]

You are right; of course we shouldn't.
But it gets hard to keep remembering that when so many Jews worldwide equate any criticism of Israel with "Jew-bashing" or antisemitism.

Perhaps, in memory of the holocaust and the few who protected Jews then, we should be calling the ones who do try to protect the rights of Palestinians "righteous Jews."

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Israel, and the Temple Mount will in fact be split, or at least come under the UN or it’s replacement global government. Just as Germany was divided and conquered, just as the USA will be divided and conquered. When a global leader stands in Jerusalem (probably from the Temple Mount), and proclaims peace and unity with himself in control, pay very close attention.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
winterass to Rabbis: Let all the immigrants in.

When Jewish and zionist groups lobby for mass-immigration into Europe and the white Western world in general they should accept mass-immigration of none-jews, all of the palestinians and other Arab muslims.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
How can doing something be "Jewish"?
Sorry, don't understand that slang use of the word.

Anyway, sure. It makes sense. It's just a city. Everyone should live in Rome or Jerusalem or wherever if they want to. Cities don't have to be religiously divided. If you want to live there, go live there. That's it.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Amen... I'm Jewish I don't give a flaming poop if Israel is a Jewish nation or not honestly, I think all the smart people in my religion got the heck out of there long ago... it's just not that great, what I get left with is people once again putting jews in the spotlight and frankly, it could easily slip now by numbers into a secure protected tiny little religion... it's not like we convert or anything...

I'd greatly appreciate some obscurity... I can't even believe some days that there are jews that fall for this when we have it good... being USED as a military base, a foothold for Nato that will surely end badly

NY, Miami, Phx, LA, San Fran, Chicago...

In the states as a jew... I deal with POSITIVE Racism... Mostly unless the Isreal thing is in the news...

i.e. I get asked to represent people in court... even though i'm not a lawyer and I was able to start a computer business when I didn't know what the hell I was doing years ago... because people said...he's a Jew, give him money he will make us rich...

and I did lol... okay

But this whole Israel situation is bringing risk my way for just being a jew... and I have no involvement no connection to it and it pisses me off.

Worse... from my studies, I must admit... I don't believe Moses intended to STOP in Israel, I think he just died there... I am 100% sure, the intent, if he had lived was to use pharaohs maps and try to sail to the new world using the local trees etc to make boats... wouldn't get into details, it would be it's own thread, but I am 100% sure... Israel wasn't the intended holy land anyway

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

I THINK THAT IS A FAIR COMMENT

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

well the Jews are really arogant. that is all what I can say.

I am not a big fun of Pope Benedict. he is unfortunatetly not even close to John Paul II. but it is very jewish to call him German when he is trying to criticise Israel for its deadly and evil agenda against Palestinians.

the funny thing is that they do not come out with that kind of statements when the exactly same advices are coming from others - especially US leaders.

Correction for those who cannot separate Jews from Israel

well the [Israelis] are really arogant. that is all what I can say.

I am not a big fun of Pope Benedict. he is unfortunatetly not even close to John Paul II. but it is very [Israeli] to call him German when he is trying to criticise Israel for its deadly and evil agenda against Palestinians.

When you start hating against the Jews because of the actions of Israel, you become legitimately anti-semitic. I'm Jewish, and its offensive to see all of my people being associated with a Zionist militia-state like Israel.

I'm not going to cry foul or report you to the mods, but I will point out that until you can overcome your simplistic assumptions, your legitimate complaints about Israel will be overshadowed by your apparent prejudice.

That being said, the "chairman of the Rabbinical Congress for Peace" certainly has an ironic title, doesn't he? You know, considering how peaceful Israel is, and all.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

While I agree with you on the point that living in Israel is tough, and it is much nicer here in the US, as a Jew, its important that Israel continue to exist.

The reason has nothing to do with the location. Jews probably really come from ancient Samaria and Babylon (Modern day Iraq), and I have read that besides killing Jews, Hitler had thought about exiling Jews to Madagascar.

I think New York and South Florida are great places for Jews to live. The issue with having an actual Jewish country like Israel is that it gives us a safety net.

In the 1930's Hitler tried sending the Jews out of Germany to places including the USA. As you are probably aware, the USA said go away to the Jewish refugees and they went back to Germany to be slaughtered. These events happened less than a Century ago. It could, and probably will happen again. People like to blame Jews for all their misfortune.

Having Israel gives us a place to go next time we are expelled by a country.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join