It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Courtside Magic fan demands apology from 'Big Baby' Davis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
We have become a nation of whiners. I would use a different word but the T&C won't allow me to. Here's the story and video link:

Story

Video

Are you effin kidding me(again)?!?!?!

If Davis had hit the kid, landed on him going for a loose ball, would the father have whined about that? Probably have a lawsuit if that had happened. He barely bumped the kid and the dad is up in arms and Davis had to apologize for being happy after hitting the shot of his lifetime.

What the hell has happened to the U.S.? You sit courtside and get pissed if you get hit? That is a risk taken when sitting there. This guy should be flogged or something, I don't know what but this is absolutely ridiculous.

In the email, Provetti said Davis conducted himself like a "raging animal with no regard for your fans' personal safety."

Raging animal? Huh?

It just astounds me how screwed up this nation has become.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

I thought it was funny. Out of everyone on the Magic' bench, that whole row of people, Big Baby had to forearm smash a 12 year-old kid. Truth is stranger than fiction.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

forearm smash

HUH? He barely touched the kid. He was celebrating the biggest shot he will ever hit in his life and bumped the kid. Come on, there was no forearm smash there.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I know alot of people that would be ever so happy to have been touched by him. nonetheless shoved.

People, whine about everything. I'm also upset that all the crossing sign picture people as black, I believe we should have the crossing signs with a white person it.

See there black, I deman an apology!

It's nonsense, everyones got to be upset about one thing or another.
Also the whole sign thing, i'm not upset or care about it at all, a friend and I were joking about it today.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

No, you come on, I saw the game; the 12 year-old got forearm smashed by a 300-plus pound man. The impact knocked the hat off of the 12 year-old. It was funny.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

He used his palm on the kids back to push the kid BACK OVER the line..

The kid was technically on the court.

I think the kid owes Davis an apology.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez

No, you come on, I saw the game; the 12 year-old got forearm smashed by a 300-plus pound man. The impact knocked the hat off of the 12 year-old. It was funny.

If a 300 pound athlete did a forearm smash to a 12 year old, it would most likely cause serious injury. All it did was knock his hat off, not even knock him to the ground. I do agree it was funny but the reaction and outrage of the father is sickening. It's too bad Big Baby didn't hit the dad. He sounds like he needs a few marbles knocked loose.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

You're kidding, right?

Forearm smashes are guided forward. This was not even close to any kind of 'smash'.

Orlando fans - sore losers.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
lol, forearm smash? look at the video at 57 seconds, clearly a push in the back.

I bet the kid has neck pain and post traumatic stress by Wednesday night

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
?????????? I'm so glad there's a law against frivolous lawsuits in canada.
lol. forearm smash...this kid must be pretty tough to withstand one from a guy 5 times his size.
I agree with rockpuck somebody sue that kid.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
This is just sad. If you're going to sit court side you have to be prepared to become part of the game. That is the risk you are accepting when you purchase or accept those tickets.

This is stupid. The kid is fine. He wasn't injured, he didn't lose anything, he didn't die. Everything is fine. Get over it.

top topics

join