It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amsterdam sighting May 12th 2009 11PM

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by cropmuncher
reply to post by UKWO1Phot

good image, what equiptment do you use to get those?

This was taken with a Canon 20D with a 28-80mm f3.5 lens, also have a 75-300mm IS in case I spot something really interesting.

And obviously the Sony handycam ...

Unfortunately this was out of focus as I'd only just got outside when I spotted it.

Usually this kinda quality..

Venus in January

Orion the same night.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

it dounds like a helicopter above the clouds or a search plane

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by starfemme1

It made absolutely no sound and I live in a quiet part of town. I always hear planes no matter how high up they were. Helicopters are also extremely loud and are heard frequently (and seen frequently). Believe me or not. It was not it.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
The ISS which is now extremely bright was visible for 5 minutes passing over Amsterdam and UK at around 11pm 12th May. It was travelling SW to E.

I saw it recently from Scotland and it dose seem to give the illusion that it is much lower than it is due to its brightness. Almost as if going "through" the clouds. I am pretty confident this is what was seen, the coincidental sightings from the UK at the same seem to confirm it was.

spaceflight.nasa.gov...

[edit on 13-5-2009 by highlander2008]

[edit on 13-5-2009 by highlander2008]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by highlander2008

I know what you are saying but It was moving NE (more north than east) and not East. I have seen the ISS before and it was not the same. It was also emitting light (because it was very bright and bigger through the clouds) rather than reflecting it. It is possible but it just does not fit.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Seems to be a spate of sightings around the North Sea area!

Here is one from the Sunday night before,

(Video)UFO'S sighted Fraserburgh,Scotland 10th May 09

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Did it look something like this?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lebowski achiever

I know what you are saying but It was moving NE (more north than east) and not East. I have seen the ISS before and it was not the same. It was also emitting light (because it was very bright and bigger through the clouds) rather than reflecting it. It is possible but it just does not fit.

Just a thought but as you say if you've seen the ISS so you know what it looks like. I'm in the same boat, I saw a similar light last month and I've no idea what it was either. Have seen the ISS a few times, I know what planes, satellites and lanterns look like and I know it wasn't any of these.
What's interesting about all this is that these things were always around, yet suddenly people are reporting stuff all over the place and even phoning the police. There IS something odd being seen at the moment whatever it is!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I agree. It is astounding the amount of people who report these type of things and it is also extremely frustrating that people dismiss it off hand just because some of the elements that is seen fits. I have stated in my original post that it was moving North East yet people still claim that it was the ISS even though it was moving east and didn't even go across Amsterdam. I was facing East and it didn't move away from me but was parallel to the horizon. It also was not reflecting light it was emitting it because it was still seen through the cloud, it went into and was extremely bright. Or that people think it is a helicopter eventhough there was NO sound. Anyway, I hope more people will see this and put their experiences on here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join