It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple's 'buy black' experiment becomes a movement

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by csulli456

Why cant you answer the question, If a white was to say this what would it be called?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Exactly, certain people won't answer the question because they are bleeding heart liberals that just go along and perpetuate all of this nonsense.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Ok, I will ever so politely reply to you once more as there has to be some logical explanation as to why you are missing the information you seek.

The question you asked me now 3 times,

is absolutely

and totally answered in my post.

Thank you and have a nice day.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by mhinsey
I have no identity crisis. I was born in America. I am of mixed descent (multiple races - European, Irish, black, American Indian, etc. - but yea my skin is white since you must equate with a skin color to understand content of message.

Well how I used the word identity crisis in a soft sense is exactly how you described yourself.

So I was correct.
You come from so many different origins

But people who aren't as mixed like you tend to love their culture
I undersand that you won't be able to empathize.

There is no identity crisis. I have and love my culture. Proud American. If you must boil it down further - Southern American. I am extremely proud of my American Indian heritage. I show honor and respect to that heritage.

However, I do not let my familial culture influence the fact that I am an American - first and foremost. BEFORE any of my familial culture. Try it. It can resolve so many racism conflicted issues before they even begin.

That means I don't cater to American Indian, I don't even cater to a Proud Southerner or any other definition of a culture. I go for a product or service based on price, customer service and demand. I could care less if his name is Ahmed or Andy.

I show courtesy and respect to my elders and my fellow brother or sister (in humanity). That is what is important. Once a person puts a set group above another it creates an "us against them" mentality.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
so then it is ok to buy from only woman owned businesses or gay owned businesses or star wars geeks owned businesses right? imagine the uproar if i went on the ap and said that we should only buy from white aryan owned businesses? i am ashamed of where the press tries to find a story. waiting for sharpton and jackson to jump on this. they havent had any press in weeks.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackieps1975

Exactly, certain people won't answer the question because they are bleeding heart liberals that just go along and perpetuate all of this nonsense.

If you are referring to me it would be best to address me and feel free to ask any questions. Assuming is one of the dumbest and worst things anyone can do.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I asked you if a white person was to say what this couple said what would it be called? Absolutly is not an answer.

So I am going to interpert your answer as yes it would be rascist. Now how much since does that make? A black can do it but a white cant? thats reverse rasicms anyway you look at it and it needs to be stopped period on both sides.
How about these crackpot idiots who want to just "buy black" think about the ramifications of this? How bout instead of "buy black" we buy American? We create American jobs? HOw about we stop imported cheap junk from China and elsewhere in the world, and buy cheap American Junk thats home grown right here?

To me that makes more since then this racist garabage you and they are peddeling. WE ARE ALL A MINORITY

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Hey pal,
nobody but you is suggesting that a white person couldn`t do the same.
While in fact so many white people on this thread have already stated they do the same.
Its called freedom, in America, and I honestly don`t know what you are worried about.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

To me that makes more since then this racist garabage you and they are peddeling. WE ARE ALL A MINORITY

No need to get personal, I am far from racist.

your fear is blinding you and I`d like to help you to see.

I agree all Americans should stick together and buy American, thats a much greater idea to many.

But to those few who feel good about buying from a particular skin color, its their American and God given right.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

My point was a white boy says look out the Rainbow Coalition is going to come down hard on you. Thats the point I am making, also Instead of writing an article support this stupid adventure into "buy black only" they should have spun it into a Buy American only made here entirely out of American Products. Then I would be proud of this couple instead of embarresed by it and the white guilt party that gets thrown in with it.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

not to get any crap on my stick, but there is no such thing as "reverse racism" it's just racism. It's ugly and wrong no matter how you slice it. A wise man once said "it you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem." If we all remembered that a bit more, this world might be a nicer place.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I agree with this point but I`m not peddling white guilt.

I am stating my feelings and opinions and beliefs of the matter at hand and I feel the need to look at the whole picture and give my view as an honest American who is not racist and wants good things for all.

I admit my ideas can push the limits sometimes but they are my opinions and I don`t wish harm to anyone, white black, hispanic, asian and etc.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by csulli456

I agree all Americans should stick together and buy American, thats a much greater idea to many.

But to those few who feel good about buying from a particular skin color, its their American and God given right.

I have no fear of anyone, ANd no it may be a right but isnt right to buy from one particular group who happens to look like you. Thats BS blacks want equality then damnit act like, stop blaming the white man for all of your problems. Black problems are American Problems and the minute they/ we take a hint to this then we could fix it.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I have no fear of anyone, ANd no it may be a right but isnt right to buy from one particular group who happens to look like you. Thats BS blacks want equality then damnit act like, stop blaming the white man for all of your problems. Black problems are American Problems and the minute they/ we take a hint to this then we could fix it.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by bvproductions
Heh...
People wish for equal rights, yet do their best to separate themselves from the rest of society because of the color of one's skin...
Sad.. incredibly sad.

Well said

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

But I see this as the cause of the predicament we are dealing with.

Sure some black people may blame whites for their problems just as some whites may also feel held back in their communities. But its not the majority.

Focusing on the negative breeds negativism.
We should focus on the good, like the fact that that couple has that God given right in America. So what if you or I wouldn`t support that movement. Its their right and does not reflect many in the African American community. But I don`t blame them for taking it into their own hands to help their race succeed.

I have to go now, need to take my elderly neighbor grocery shoping.
I will appreciate if you keep the personal attacks out of this and please do not assume to know me based on one post.

But I stand by what I said.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I wasn't referring to anyone specific, just the group that is in support of this behavior. In any case, now that you brought it up, what is your stance?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

We will obviously have a agree to disagree because you believe blacks needs to be elevated for assistance. The fairly large group of blacks that I know think that this a crock of sh*t and that they can take care of themselves and let the ones crying for assistance get over it.

Better yourself the way I did (being raised from an alcoholic abusive father and definitely considered white trash not going anywhere).

Get a better education the same way I did - get a large student debt. Get a job - do the best I can. Learn more - get a better job - do the best I can. Get an even better job... etc... you get the jist. I busted my tail to get out of the vacuum of a stigma. More importantly, I didn't blame the family I came from - my parents did the best they could. I didn't blame the town I live in or the people who looked down on the poor white trash.

I got off my duff, I bettered myself - scraping along until it got a little better. Will I ever be a millionaire? I wish. But I pay my bills, I DON'T need assistance from you or the government and I could care less if you want to say it's because I am white that I succeeded. I went to predominantly black schools for the first "informative" years of my school education so I got the same education as most of those "poor poor me" minorities you are so worried about.

I would love to have my own business but I realize it is not the time. I have stated time and again. If you want a business it is a risk. It depends on many variables and the absolute last of which is the race of the owner unless you were an idiot to setup a market that caters to African American and it is white surburbia or setting up a frufru "white" shop in the middle of Harlem that caters to the like's of someone from clueless movie. You market your business for the area and usually - if you do everything right with management, product and customer service - you will be ok - but not always. Life sucks, so you suck it up and continue on.

If you are struggling, then ask yourself or ask others that you normally would not be comfortable asking to get very different viewpoints of your situation.

If I find a great Mexican restaurant, I continue to go to it. Guess what - Mexicans own it. I knew that walking in the door and didn't give a rat's *ss what shade of skin they were. I followed the rules of business as a customer. I found a product or service and purchased it.

So if you consider that the "white man" gracing the poor poor minority then whatever. You have more wrong than we have thread posts for. You base your thought process and decisions based on skin color and not on WHO they are as a person. I base everything on actual need and quality of person, product or service and ignore the color of the skin.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I got the answer to my question by reading your last post. I get what you are saying... but if people would focus on community instead of race, it would remove barriers, instead of stirring the pot. Anything "race based" is B/S, regardless of which race we are talking about.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Do you really see and read what you want to? No where did I attack you, stop wearing your feelings on your sleaves.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join