It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple's 'buy black' experiment becomes a movement

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

You have obviously never been to Alabama or any other US "deep South" state.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by csulli456

I wouldn't say the consequences are "felt", so much as, "perpetuated to feed the fire of self-entitlement". Natives do it up here, too, but they'll never talk about it in front of you. They take the money in secret and then pretend they earned it. Hey, I'd take the dang money too, but it would soon eat me up inside, getting all this free crap from the "pit of other people's pockets", as my dad would say. Those damn "work 2 months per year then collect ei for the rest, while living at sun peaks ski resort and having a blast on whoever's dime" tree planters are no different. It's about greed, pure and simple, imho.

edit: oh cripes i'd better add that i'm the only white guy in my family my "dad" (since i was 2) is native and my mom is half....just reread that and....well you know.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by heyo]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

WOW......So you are totally for segregation?

How racist.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpacePunk
You can try to sugar coat a turd all you like, but it'll still smell like a turd, and taste like a turd.

On that, my friend, I will just take your word for it.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Yeah....... This is certainly not Racism. Those good hearted, well intentioned, good natured folks just want to help their community. There is nothing racist about being black and only shopping at businesses owned by black people.

Hell, I'm going to take a page out of their book, From now on I will only shop at Businesses owned by whites. And I will only eat at restaurants owned by whites. We are in a Depression after all, it's best at this time to help out your community.

Don't even call me a racist you apologetic collectivist jackasses.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

So it's ok for any race - except white - to have any kind of cultural celebration...
It's ok for predominantly blacks of 2009 to get anything they want by screaming racism at a drop of the hat but if a "white" person states racism then "OH MY GOD!!" knee jerk response comes out.

That seems like a cop-out thought process. If a black person says it's ok then it's ok to agree or to disagree?

See, I have my own thoughts, processes and ideas. I am not perfect by any means but here is the general jist:

1) Eat when I am hungry - don't care who owns the restaurant
2) Purchase something when I need it - don't care who owns it as long as I get good service and product.
3) I state what I think as do you - It's America. However, we can agree to disagree.
4) No opinion is right. It is an opinion which by the very definition of the word means someone's thinking on whatever it is.
5) Give courtesy and it will be given. If it is not given, then don't give back. I don't turn the other cheek, I open mouth and state my unhappiness with the issue.
6) If service sucks, I don't care why it sucks. Just fix it or I will go elsewhere.

I am sure I left something out.

And to race, I want to see an end of he's white, she's black, etc. crap. It would be an ideal world if it were about she has an amazing ability to love, he has the most amazing capacity to give. Look at the inside and not the outside. It won't happen in this lifetime.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by mhinsey
I have no identity crisis. I was born in America. I am of mixed descent (multiple races - European, Irish, black, American Indian, etc. - but yea my skin is white since you must equate with a skin color to understand content of message.

Well how I used the word identity crisis in a soft sense is exactly how you described yourself.

So I was correct.
You come from so many different origins

But people who aren't as mixed like you tend to love their culture
I undersand that you won't be able to empathize.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

It's ok for predominantly blacks of 2009 to get anything they want by screaming racism at a drop of the hat but if a "white" person states racism then "OH MY GOD!!" knee jerk response comes out.

I understand, it's sad that it truly is apples and oranges.
But it is nonetheless

1) Eat when I am hungry - don't care who owns the restaurant

Exactly
But if you were a minority and saw your people struggle as much as they do, you might look it at through different eyes.

2) Purchase something when I need it - don't care who owns it as long as I get good service and product.

You don't need to care
you belong to a majority full of success stories
one more would just be a drop into an ocean

Originally posted by mhinseyAnd to race, I want to see an end of he's white, she's black, etc. crap. It would be an ideal world if it were about she has an amazing ability to love, he has the most amazing capacity to give. Look at the inside and not the outside. It won't happen in this lifetime.

Yes that would be great
but as you mentioned it won't happen anytime soon
not only won't it happen in your lifetime
I think as times goes by it will become even more and more unlikely

There WILL be a huge race war soon!

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Outrageous racism posing as a community self-help scheme.

Self imposed segregation is here to stay.

From Whoopi Goldberg saying that black people "own" the N word, to the Black Entertainment Channel, and Blacks only hair care products, black people are self-segregating from white society.

It's just so sad and ironic.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

BET??????

you have no idea what you are talking about

BET is anti-black and majority of blacks believe it so as well

and the N word Does belong to them

you are just incapable of empathy

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I think the picture you are seeing sir is something called white guilt. I diddnt hold slaves so why should I be punished for something some white did hundreds of years before I was born??

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mhinsey

No i haven't. But i have been a crystal meth addict. I don't make excuses for that even tho i was young and i was manipulated. It's about realizing that people are going to try to get what they feel they can until they replace "can" with "should", imho.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Way to perpetuate separatism. These people are clearly to ignorant to really see what they are doing. FFS, I'd like to smack them both.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

ummm, I am pretty sure they do need their own type of hair products though.........

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

I think the picture you are seeing sir is something called white guilt. I diddnt hold slaves so why should I be punished for something some white did hundreds of years before I was born??

You obviously did not read my thread thoroughly as that is exactly what I stated, that it happened in the past by ancestors not belonging to many of us. However the repercussions have been devastating for centuries.

And to the poster who stated there will be a race war soon, you need to get out of your bubble. It would never happen in America, regardless of what is portrayed to you, most Americans are good hearted people and most are not racist.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I did read your enitre post, All I saw was White Guilt for something we had no control over. Answer this please, if a white person had wrote this article about supporting white owned buisness and keeping white pride alive what would that be called by many of people?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Again, that question too is answered in my post.

Please feel free to read entire post.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I did read why dont you anser the question, what would it be called?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

If you read then you would already know the answer.

Why go on playing this game?

[edit on 5/13/2009 by csulli456]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by aravoth

Duh! They are not helping their community FFS! Did you read the article? They have to travel significantly out of their way to get common necessities, so how is that helping their community? Helping their community would mean that they purchased from local business owners in their neighborhood, regardless of race, to strengthen the populus as a whole. All they are actually "doing" is trying to make a bogus statement that is being blown completely out of proportion by the media (per usual). Bleh, don't make me declare shenanigans on this thread! lol

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join