It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Porton Down Biological Warfare Experiments Map

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
For anyone interested in how Government Departments will allow BW experiments to take place in public areas, here is a map produced by the Microbiological Research Establishent, Porton Down.
This map records the tracks of the spray ship, Experimental Trials Vessel ICEWHALE, and the positions of the mobile air sampling teams during the 1964-1965 UK BW experiments.
The experiments were carried out on the South Coast of the UK and involved a ship spraying massive quantities of two types of live bacteria, E.coli and Bacillus subtilis.
The massive bacterial cloud would be carried onshore by the wind and sampled many miles inland by mobile sampling teams.
The E.coli was initially obtained from a toilet seat at MRE Porton Down in 1949. During the 1960s, MRE Porton Down supplied the same E.coli to the US for use in what has become known as Project112 or Project SHAD.

The other bacteria used, was Bacillus subtilis. The UK Governments Health Protection Agency lists Bacillus subtilis as a cause of food poisoning. It is often used as an Anthrax simulant, and according to Porton Down is also known as Bacillus globigii or Bg.

www.hpa.org.uk...

The map can be found here

www.darkplaces.co.uk...

zero lift

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
For all of you US residents out there who ever wondered "just how would the US military get round Nixons' 1969 ban on BW testing in the US", here's the answer:

Go over to the UK and spray their residents.

Here is an official diagram on one of a series of 16 experiments which sprayed me (Although i was present in the area, I don't think they were aiming just at lil 'ole me) and 70,000 other people during November n1971.

If you were in the US Navy or US Army teams that did this, maybe the diagram will bring back memories.

www.darkplaces.co.uk...

zero lift

new topics

join