It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA declares Cheerios a drug?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by fraterormus
General Mills simply shouldn't be able to peddle their Food as a Drug either.

The same could be said about some of the "drugs" the FDA somehow finds are worthy of distribution and sale within our borders.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
If something can lower health problems like high cholesterol, that means it's technically a drug. In order for it to be marketed as such, it needs to be tested in trials by the FDA to show that it actually does these things and has no horrible risks.

So are you saying that all natural foods, that have health benefits are drugs? Oats are FIBER and have been known for years to scrub the body clean of all kinds of things.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by imd12c4funn

This type of public hazard could snowball across all product lines and others may begin claiming benefits of products that only pill producing pharma whores are capable of.

Nice....it is and has been being done for quite sometime.

Does anyone remember when the Supreme Court ruled Orgone Energy as false? They were under much pressure from the FDA? It is worth checking out.

I would technically be correct because when blood is let from the human system, any of these invaders cruising your blood stream are expelled as it is in the blood.

Therefor, any loss of blood is reducing the amount of infection in the body.
This logic is proven.

What is not disclosed is that the infection that is removed via blood letting has no healing value whatsoever.

Yes, as in lancing the "boils" people get from the intrusive "staff infection"

I am not claiming that there is value. I am only claiming that it reduces the amount of infection in the body.

ok back to reality...ummm....reality....FDA....I'm sorry but I cannot use reality and FDA in the same sentence.

Unfortunately it is a reality alright.

The reality that many of us have had enough of and are simply waiting/assuming balance will be restored.

Like something I read on here yesterday "the people that are put in place to look after the people should care about the people" and not the world of gain at the expense of the people.

Great post, im!

Hey spinkyboo, always a voice of reason....Marg, nice to see your offerings as well. Of course many others have added great and even funny responses, I just wanted to acknowledge the "girls" that add so much when ever they post~

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Yeah, highly processed Cheerios are health food. Do any of you people buy these claims? Do you think, gee, if General Mills says so, it must be true, because the FDA wouldn't allow them to make these claims?

Or are you smart enough to recognize that they are lying through their teeth, and insulting your intelligence with these claims. The only reason they are getting by with it is because the GW admin is all too willing to look the other way when giant food factory corps make this claim, all the while coming down hard on the small companies in the growing health food industry.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Does anyone have the side effects of a Cheerio overdose? Isn't this stuff supposed to be on the packaging? How will I know when I've had too much.

I also need the contraindications with whole milk vs. 2% milk.

Seriously there are so many bigger problems out there than whether or not Cheerios is an unknown drug.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Anybody that has been a loyal listener to Alex Jones has known what was coming months, weeks or years before it happens. From the banning of gardens, vitamins, internet, citizens rights and false flag pandemics and attacks. This is no surprise to us that listen. So many that ridicules him act surprised when everything comes to pass.
My friends sister has a farm in Illinois..Her neighbor has a much larger farm next door to her... the government paid her $75,000 NOT to grow food..
There is no doubt the government is conspiring against the lives and freedoms of all of humanity..We have no future..Hello to Communism and the Death and freedom of humanity!

[edit on 13-5-2009 by Wideawake08]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I would say anyone with a brain saw this coming. In fact, most people want the FDA to start stepping up and doing their job again.

Who doesn't listen to these drug and food commercials and find their intelligence insulted? It is time to get rid of the snake oil salesmen, and all the other con artists who have ruined this country with their lies. It is time to start enforcing the laws against fraud once again.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE
I heard that Lucky Charms is also being scoulded since that are yet to produce any viable data to support the claim that they are Magically delicious. Extensive testing at JPL have proven beyond a reasonable doubt that they are artifically delicious.

-E-

Someone just used you lines on the Fast Money trading show. Funny as all 7734.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I have to admit that declaring a breakfast cereal a drug is pretty odd. General Mills must have been aware of the FDA's guidlines, so it's just seems too weird to believe.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Here's an idea FDA. Instead of going after Cheerios for labeling their box with accepted tenets of grain nutrition, you should be going after these drug companies who mislabel and misrepresent their drugs and kill thousands in the process. Because to them, and to you, one year is a long term study.

Why not go after all those Chinese toys? Or baby formula?

You people need help in prioritizing.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Cheerio's is the next Hydroxycut. Soon you'lll need a perscription just to get some breakfast. Nice.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Why does the FDA feel the need to do this to Cheerios? I certainly see the logic in the fact that Cheerios needs to be able to back up their cholesterol claims but it isn't like Cheerios is the only company that makes a wild claim unsubstantiated by the FDA. It seems that other companies are simply able to say "these claims have not been evaluated by the FDA" and that is the end of it.

Couldn't Cheerios just slap that label on the box and continue with their claims?

www.4extenze.net...

No Gimmick . . . Just Real Science!
Real science? IT MUST BE GOOD!

These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. ExtenZe® is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

So it seems that the crux of the matter is that cheerios claims to treat a disease. If they simply add the disclaimer in, they should be in the clear.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join